So.. what weapon sets do you guys use?

in Thief

Posted by: Cornwallace.9054

Cornwallace.9054

Pretty new to the game only level 19 so far, loving the thief except I seem to die quite a bit.. have to work on dodging better. Right now I have been using a sword/pistol, and a bow.. but just curious, what weapon combos do you use and what skills would you say are the most useful?

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Once you become more experienced, anything flows like melted butter in a hot pan….Double dagger shortbow in PvE, shortbow is just useful period, and dual daggers offer high single target damage, but pistol whip does too, and up to three, dual daggers can do its damage while moving though, just backstab doesn’t hit as hard as a pistol whip, sword pistol works well for leveling though. The smoke field can let you take on several mobs as they cannot hit you. Rarely do I use sword dagger in PvE content, sometimes Dagger Pistol-Basically combine the smoking of Sword Pistol with the back stab of dual daggers. If im fighting a boss, I switch shortbow for dual pistols because unloadunloadunloadunloadunloadunloadunloadunloadunloadunload

EDIT: I have almost never used Pistol dagger in PvE, and I don’t think I ever will unless something demands it as much as Liadri did

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

(edited by RedSpectrum.1975)

in Thief

Posted by: schmots.6803

schmots.6803

If you are using Sword/Pistol you are using the easiest solo pve set. #5 will give you a PBAoE blind field so nothing can hit you for 4 seconds, and #3 will do a rapid attack and dodge during the attack. If you use the healing signet, a #3 against two or more enemys can heal you almost to full.

Easy mode; spam #3 against normal mobs. Use #5 and AutoAttack against veterans. Other weapon combos are fun and you might like them more, but S/P is super easy. The Shortbow is great but takes some getting used to. I carry pistol/pistol for the high single target damage for when I come across group champ attacks.

in Thief

Posted by: infynity.5284

infynity.5284

I’d stick with d/d until you feel comfortable with it. You get an endurance regain from 1 for no initiative and you can CnD when you are in trouble.

S/D is another favourite of mine because of the shadowstep+condi clear from number 2 and dodge+high dmg from number 3. You also have CnD for pulling out when you need to.

Slot a Sigil of Bloodlust or similar stacking Sigil on your weapon and you will be fine.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

All of them (sept d/p).

in Thief

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

P/D. Range and stealth helps alot with survivability which the thief class lacks. If you cannot be hit/targetted, you will not die.