SoH vs Bewildering Ambush

in Thief

Posted by: LTREEVEY.2348

LTREEVEY.2348

I have been running a condi thief p/d d/d thief this year and have found myself enjoying and always looking for new ways to tweak. I currently run 2/0/0/6/6 but have thought about 1/0/4/3/6. I have seen a number of thieves switch from SoH+perplexity rune to Bewildering Ambush+whatever. My questions is, what have you guys found as more useful. At first bewildering Ambush seemed so enticing, but dropping the interrupt, to me, isn’t worth it. Especially when you can drop 8stacks confusion instead of 5. What say you?

#RastaSyl-Vari
#ShrubLife
#DoItForTheVine

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Bewildering ambush+krait runes

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

A really good P/D + D/P thief I fought once was using Perplexity runes and used BV or x/P for an interrupt, along with bewildering ambush. Quite some Confusion stacks he gave me.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Thief

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Carpboy pretty much nailed it.
Ambush + Krait or SoH + Perplexity

It is really that simple. If you choose ambush I also tend to go away from Mug as the difference in steal cool downs is 27 vs 20. One of the most underlooked things with Sleight of Hand is the steal CD reduction and its synergy with Mug. Not to mention the Cooldown of Steal comes close to Perplexity’s 6th Rune bonus. I personally used Perplexity and SoH for a long time. When the new trait came out I quickly switched to Krait Runes and Bewildering. Both builds are extremely strong. Perplexity will give you more confusion but less bleeds – Not much difference TBH. I am back to signet burst with strength runes. More fun IMO

in Thief

Posted by: LTREEVEY.2348

LTREEVEY.2348

Two questions. How many stacks of bleeding do you get out of from krait? I know the duration is a plus but when you factor in removals and healing, I personally would like a way to counter stop/punish a foe for trying to do so I. Don’t pop my steal as my initiator, but rather cast as opponents start getting into their “flow” or rotations which is maybe 5+ seconds in. Interrupting a heal or leap brings a smile almost every time. Q number 2. What about rune of Balthazar? Most classes don’t have enough removals to clear everything. Rather than adding more stacks (which can be cleared) how about adding another condi say 6s of burning every 15ish seconds. I know it probably has been brought up before, but I am possibly, but not for certain, a pyro and would love to see thieves get a burn skill in the future.

#RastaSyl-Vari
#ShrubLife
#DoItForTheVine

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Bewildering ambush+krait runes

^

Krait runes work best on thief IMO. BA adds a nice cover up for your condi overload so SoH falls behind in that aspect, but the daze helps interrupt specific skills that counter your efforts like consume conditions so Idk if there is a winner between those 2 traits. Which is good, it means the Dev(s) who made this trait actually had diversity in mind.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”