Solo PvE thief build

Solo PvE thief build

in Thief

Posted by: Pureguardian.4562

Pureguardian.4562

I’m returning to GW2 after having not played for a long time and was wondering if anybody had a good thief build for Solo PvE. I’ve never really used thief before so I’m going to need Some help on which weapons, skills, and traits to use. Thank you for your time and help. also, if anybody thinks thief isn’t a good class to level for PvE, please say which class you think is better

(edited by Pureguardian.4562)

Solo PvE thief build

in Thief

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

25/30/0/0/15 for traits. DA 3+6, CS 1+3+11, Trickery 5.
Sword/Pistol and Shortbow. Play around with the heals to find one you like. Signet of Shadows, Shadow Refuge, and a stun breaker. Thief’s Guild elite. Zerker gear with ruby orbs.
Steal to open, Pistol 5 for the blind field, spam autoattack or pistol whip.

Can play around with other builds if you want, but that right there will faceroll pretty much anything that’s not a champion.

Solo PvE thief build

in Thief

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Dakota is spot on with the best PvE weapon set.

I use different traits and I have a pretty low budget gear setup I run.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vYAQNAsaVl0Mp7pFOx0JsPNhs9YnqQeyrAZ19grsqqC-zAyAYLioRKCAVAM5VEN22QR0Y1LYqSioavRR0qBA-e

Note that with the changes coming to Crit damage any full zerker build will have its overall damage reduced by 10% regardless of profession.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Solo PvE thief build

in Thief

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

Depends on what you need in PvE.
I usally run full Arcobatic trait or Shadow art with 10 Arcobatic for 50% speed booste in stealth.
Get a Sigil that give swiftness after kill as well.
its feel very clunky not having speed boost to get around the map

Solo PvE thief build

in Thief

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

^ Signet of Shadows also works

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Solo PvE thief build

in Thief

Posted by: Pureguardian.4562

Pureguardian.4562

Sword/Pistol and Shortbow. Play around with the heals to find one you like. Signet of Shadows, Shadow Refuge, and a stun breaker. Thief’s Guild elite. Zerker gear with ruby orbs.

Can play around with other builds if you want, but that right there will faceroll pretty much anything that’s not a champion.

okay so S/P and SB. Is D/P a viable option instead of S/P or is S/P a better option?

Solo PvE thief build

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

okay so S/P and SB. Is D/P a viable option instead of S/P or is S/P a better option?

D/P does not cleave nor evade. S/P does cleave and pistol whip has built in evade frame. If you thinking of single target weapon that d/d.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

Solo PvE thief build

in Thief

Dakota.4591

D/P does not cleave nor evade. S/P does cleave and pistol whip has built in evade frame. If you thinking of single target weapon that d/d.

This. D/P does higher single-target damage than S/P, and D/D does even more. S/P is just the easiest combination for someone new to the class, though just about every weapon combination is viable except P/P.

Solo PvE thief build

in Thief

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I just created a thief for mainly solo PvE, and for some group open world boss events., and was looking for this exact information. This is great for lvl 80, but do you guys have any advice on leveling?

Having leveled 4 80’s I know trait distribution while leveling can be quite different than a final lvl 80 build. I am lvl 31 right now, running Deadly Arts 3 and Critical Strikes 6, and not sure where to place the next 10 trait points.

Is getting Trickery the way to go, or putting 10 into Acrobatics or Shadow Arts better for survivability?

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Solo PvE thief build

in Thief

Dakota.4591

I just created a thief for mainly solo PvE, and for some group open world boss events., and was looking for this exact information. This is great for lvl 80, but do you guys have any advice on leveling?

Having leveled 4 80’s I know trait distribution while leveling can be quite different than a final lvl 80 build. I am lvl 31 right now, running Deadly Arts 3 and Critical Strikes 6, and not sure where to place the next 10 trait points.

Is getting Trickery the way to go, or putting 10 into Acrobatics or Shadow Arts better for survivability?

In PvE, all you need is DPS. You’ll get much more mileage out of putting traits into DA/CS/Trickery than in Acrobatics or SA, as you’ll be killing the mobs faster than they kill you. Blinds, stealths, utilities, and attacks with built-in evades should give you all the survivability you need for PvE.

The only PvE you -might- need more survivability for is things like Arah or high level fractals, but as you’re just levelling up, you don’t need to worry about those yet.

Solo PvE thief build

in Thief

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Thanks Dakota!

15chars

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver