Soloing WvW supply camps

Soloing WvW supply camps

in Thief

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I’ve been noticing that my server doesn’t do the best job of ninjaing supply camps so I’d like to try to specialize a bit in taking them on my own. I’ve been running D/D + Shortbow with X/30/20/X/X traits (I experiment with the last 10 points) but I can’t quite seem to deal with the damage output of the Veteran Guards + the Supervisor. I think I could take them one by one but they don’t aggro like that. So I’m thinking of mixing up my build a little. Any suggestions on how to specialize?

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Soloing WvW supply camps

in Thief

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

It’s just PvE, so just pistol offhand then entire thing.

Soloing WvW supply camps

in Thief

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Personally I think it has more to do with how you pull the camp then your build. In the NE camp (north of Hills) if stand in the back hut with the log piles, you can shoot one enemy and they will all be LOS right to you. At that point cluster bomb/dagger storm should clear out all the vets then clean up the claimer. Quick and easy. The only camp that doesn’t have a spot like this is the north camp (as far as I’m aware)

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

Soloing WvW supply camps

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

bleed build is best for this. caltrops = 30-40 sec camp death. dgger storm to make it go even faster.

Soloing WvW supply camps

in Thief

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

Use ambush trap, theives guild, calitropes, and shadow refuge

shadow refuge into the camp, drop calitropes on the biggest group, pop thievesguild and ambush trap

focus down as many as you can while theives are tanking

this works for DD and condition

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

Soloing WvW supply camps

in Thief

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

you should try D/D DB Spamming buid. you can cap camps in less than 60s by taking everything at once.

Traits
30: III – IX – XII
30: III – VII – XI
(the extra10 points are completely up to you)

Skills
Withdraw
Caltrops
Shadow Refuge
optional

Gear
Rabid Gear + Undead Runes
x3 Daggers
x2 Sigils of Geomancer
x1 Sigil of Corruption

The concept behind the build is basically spamming DB for Bleeds while evading 80%+ of all attacks. you use x2 sets of daggers to trigger “Quick Pockets” and “Sigil of Geomancer”.

This build will allow you to cap camps under 60s. all you have to do is:

1. Target Scouts First and fight around them (tank everything at once)
  2. Alternate; 1 DB>Dodge>DB >Dodge
  3. Don’t forget to swap weapons for Extra Bleeds/initiative.

As long as you do rotations right, Everything will die under 60s. if there are enemies there/coming you can still do it as long as it isn’t mesmers or condi spammers. anything else go mad! And as for mobility. with dodge + HS combo you get amazing mobility

I’ll try to make a vid later today or tomorrow.

(edited by google.3709)

Soloing WvW supply camps

in Thief

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

bleed build is best for this. caltrops = 30-40 sec camp death. dgger storm to make it go even faster.

^This. If you are Asura drop Radiation Field and Pain Inverter to make it go quicker.

Other option black powder blind tank the lot of em.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Soloing WvW supply camps

in Thief

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

I easily solo supply camps as Shortbow-Berserker thief. I just explode clusterbombs under legs of NPCs. (just spam 2222222222 fast while in melee range) Make sure always take out scouts first as they deal most damage and are ranged. After that, if hurt – can pull out, heal and return to finish the rest. The Summoned Thiefs elite also helps to tank enemies while you damage them.

I have like 10k HP and absolutely no problem even taking down upgraded camps. The only danger if accidentally get immobilized by guards and for whatever reason cant escape/hide.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

Soloing WvW supply camps

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

The safest and fastest way imo:

S/D with 30 shadow arts and AoE blind when going in stealth..
Keep shadow return up, chain stealth and stunlock the target you find most annoying
til there are no targets left, and ofc dodge a couple of times.

High sustained AoE direct dmg, ability to get out of stuns and immobilization, ability to stealth and heal up quickly and is tough overall.

Any AoE condition builds with caltrops might be more effective if
you go up against a fully upgraded camp in EB with hylek guarding there
if you are good enough to avoid getting stunlocked, otherwise I find them pretty equal.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

Soloing WvW supply camps

in Thief

Posted by: Alex.6940

Alex.6940

I run a 10/30/30/0/0 build and don’t have a problem soloing them. I swap to sword/pistol and use SoM as my heal with blinding powder in case i need an emergency stealth with dagger storm as my elite.

Try aggro everything, lead them around a wall and use black powder so everything should be blind and auto attack. Dagger storm is also a whirl finisher so you can use it inside a blackpowder for additional blinds while healing up from all the attacks. Quick and simple.