Some help please :)

in Thief

Posted by: Virulent Walrus.7628

Virulent Walrus.7628

Q:

Can anyone point me towards a good leveling spec. I feel way to squishy and my damage seems incredibly low. I have been playing a double pistol thief because getting into melee seems like a death wish. Also, why not just play a ranger or caster? The thief at range seems lacking.

Any help would be appreciated, also, can you change specs at a later date?

PS…I was wondering how useful crit is to thieves.

Thank you!

“Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Thief

Posted by: zeoli.3250

zeoli.3250

Im using dagger pistol for single target and shortbow for aoe.
Blinding and dodging sees me toe to toe with most veterans.

Also crit and crit dmg is really good with the thief because mathematically the more times you hit the chances of crit.
Traits while lvling dont matter too much. Just pick ones that you like and go well with ur playstyle. Like my build favours dodging so i picked up might and swiftness on dodge and endurance return on dodge. Also picking up vigor on steal when i can

in Thief

Posted by: FatFuzzy.2659

FatFuzzy.2659

Pump up your power till you’re hitting nicely, put some points into crit for the kill. Then I balanced the trait lines up as I leveled along…

LvL 80 Thief “Axxeman”
Sorrow’s Furnace
Planet Earth

in Thief

Posted by: FatFuzzy.2659

FatFuzzy.2659

Also, dual daggers for the most efficient ripping off of faces

LvL 80 Thief “Axxeman”
Sorrow’s Furnace
Planet Earth

in Thief

Posted by: Kabbal.2819

Kabbal.2819

Can you post your level and where you are leveling? I’ll see about putting up a build or maybe a quick video.

in Thief

Virulent Walrus.7628

I’m level 14 and recently moved on to the Brisban Wilds.

in Thief

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

Currently I am only level 42, but I am having a lot of fun. I like to use D/P and Shortbow, using the shortbow for ranged damage, AoE and crowd control, once I want to finish the enemy, I use steal or shadowshot to close the gap, black powder + heartseeker puts me into stealth and then I backstab.

in Thief

Posted by: SaberSword.6452

SaberSword.6452

You don’t have to level at your current lvl. Go explore at other places and do their heart quest. You will die less plus gain lvl quicker. Plus have more map completion .

in Thief

Virulent Walrus.7628

You don’t have to level at your current lvl. Go explore at other places and do their heart quest. You will die less plus gain lvl quicker. Plus have more map completion .

You mean like go do another races starter zone?