Spike/Trip deliver "Strikes".

in Thief

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Does this mean that the, “Stay in stealth forever, ghost thief”, will now come out of stealth, and is this the death of the build? Discuss.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

death of the build I don’t know.

You will always have people that don’t know how to react to condi bomb. Visible or not.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: NuhDah.9812

NuhDah.9812

It will probably be rebranded as just trapper condi thief, instead of ghost thief…

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Ghost theif does not need traps. It just needs to stack stealth. Pain Inverter, Caltrops, BA and the proc on heal runes for things like torment , confusion and fire will still exist and not pull the thief out of stealth.

Imagine if a DH trap or a Ranger trap allowed the enemy a FULL second to get himself out of that traps area when it was being laid while in combat. They would see their effectiveness plummet yet somehow it was seen as warranted for thief.

A bad solution .

in Thief

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Ghost theif does not need traps. It just needs to stack stealth. Pain Inverter, Caltrops, BA and the proc on heal runes for things like torment , confusion and fire will still exist and not pull the thief out of stealth.

Imagine if a DH trap or a Ranger trap allowed the enemy a FULL second to get himself out of that traps area when it was being laid while in combat. They would see their effectiveness plummet yet somehow it was seen as warranted for thief.

A bad solution .

Ranger had its fair share of nerfs to traps

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Thief

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

Oh god I’m still grieving all the nerfs they have done to ranger traps. I feel the worst nerf they did to Rangers was take this one trait away. It made it possible for you to throw the traps out. Rather than being forced to drop them at your feet. I understand why it was nerfed but it still hurt XD

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

in Thief

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

It is not the death of ghost thief, it is just the death of ghost thief trapper builds.

in Thief

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

It is not the death of ghost thief, it is just the death of ghost thief trapper builds.

Well yes and no…most true GT’s rely on at least teh trap on heal trait. You dont NEED the rest as traps but that trap on heal is kind of the bread and butter. That will still reveal you now.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Thief

Posted by: Sojourner.4621

Sojourner.4621

Well yes and no…most true GT’s rely on at least teh trap on heal trait. You dont NEED the rest as traps but that trap on heal is kind of the bread and butter. That will still reveal you now.

Yes, the traps reveal you now so it kills the idea of staying in stealth after dropping the trap… the 1s is clearly there not so that OTHERS have a chance to get out of the trap (because if you’re stealth ganking they still aren’t going to see said trap), but so that the THIEF has a chance to get away before the trap reveals them

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I petition for 2 seconds arm time :-).