Hexalot.8194

Who is working on it?

the same guy that did tempest and dragonhunter :s

Oh God, no…

Staff Thief revealed this Week!

in Thief

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

Look at the colors guys! I am so excited. That red scarf, and that sharp armor right there, definitely looking forwards for this week.

Looks NOTHING like ordinary medium gear dajslhbdljahsbdjbsahdbajshdbhjasbdljsahbdjlabshbcasjlhdbajslhbd * dead *

10/10 artwork just beyond amazing.

ps: Is that some sort of shadow in front of him? COULD IT BE? * dead again *

You’re forgetting the part where it’s looking EXACTLY like a medium armor already in the game that even your summoned thieves wear:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sneakthief_armor

Anyway, hoping this is worth it. I’m almost giving up on GW2 class balance and this could be the one that breaks it or the one that extends the period of judging.

lol you are right. this is pure sneakthief.
only a few days until we really know what this guy is all about. the light at the end of the tunnel is literally here.

except while sneaktheif is “related” to theives.

its never stopped players of ranger and engineer classes from wearing it xD

inb4 engineer ends up in the sneaktheif outfit xD

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

in Thief

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

It’s me or that weapon just looks like a Spear?

You may be correct.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Thief

“There are seven possible weapon sets for this profession and two weapon sets while underwater. The thief can switch between two weapon sets in combat”.

Aquatic:

Harpoon gun — Bombard enemy with ranged attacks – good for kiting with several attacks that cause movement impairment.
Spear — Rapid melee counterattacks spiced up with the usual thief tricks

Or

It may be club? staff?

http://www.tradeindetectives.com/blog/thief-4-weapons-and-gadgets-420/

In Thief 4 game: Thief use club, bow, arrows and claw.

“This club like weapon can be used to knock out enemies, it’s a reusable weapon and so it never loses power and cannot be dropped or lost. The Blackjack is your ideal weapon for close range combat, sneak up behind your target and with a whack on the head with this Blackjack means it’s nap time for any enemy guard”.

In the end: it may be Spear or Club/Staff?

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

I was a die hard Staff supporter and I still am. If rifle was release, I would have been kittened for real, but that’s it. I could understand if you didn’t like the weapon, and elite traits sucked, and cores trait are reduced to ash. Completely understand.

BUT THIS IS NOT THE CASE. it’s just a new weapon.

All of you switching chars cause Thief is getting Staff;
All of you who will stop playing because Thief is getting Staff;

GOOD RIDDANCE, I tell you. For it shows how questionable your loyalty to the profession was in the first place. You didn’t even see traits or weapon skills but act like you are agonizing in injustice and oozing of some imaginary unsatisfactory performance by Anet.

GOOD RIDDANCE and see you in WvW on your mesmers.

It will be a delight Finishing you turncloaks with my Daredevil.

I wasn’t a fan of either rifle or staff, while I’m completly indifferent at the decision, your whole text kind of sweats hypocrisy. Both staff and rifle believers were in the same boat in terms of questionability towards the Thief class. If the outcome was Rifle, one of its believers would write the exact same thing above with one of two key words changed.

Someone pleased with his Thief wouldn’t have been part of that pointless feud, but both of you “factions” didn’t only want your weapon, you also wanted to rub it in, to unleash a torrent of salt on the opposite side. That’s not a sign of loyalty towards the Thief.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

(edited by MrForz.1953)

in Thief

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Lol. It’s not a spear. It’s not a rifle. The model was datamined 2 months ago. It’s a staff. Sorry.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/gw2-staff.jpg

Preview it yourself: [&C6EXAAA=]

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

If the Daredevils gives enough fancy evasive skills I might try a ranged Daredevil just to be a pain in the @$$ :P

Not getting my hopes up too much, if it’s too centered on melee I think I will keep my 3 core trait lines instead of specializing.

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

I was a die hard Staff supporter and I still am. If rifle was release, I would have been kittened for real, but that’s it. I could understand if you didn’t like the weapon, and elite traits sucked, and cores trait are reduced to ash. Completely understand.

GOOD RIDDANCE, I tell you. For it shows how questionable your loyalty to the profession was in the first place. You didn’t even see traits or weapon skills but act like you are agonizing in injustice and oozing of some imaginary unsatisfactory performance by Anet.

I wasn’t a fan of either rifle or staff, while I’m completly indifferent at the decision, your whole text kind of sweats hypocrisy. Both staff and rifle believers were in the same boat in terms of questionability towards the Thief class. If the outcome was Rifle, one of its believers would write the exact same thing with a few keywords changed.

I beg to differ. The hypocrit is the one who stops playing Thief because of an announced weapon to which nobody has any data on, wether weapon skill or trait quality… It is hypocrit and unfounded. As if playing with staff is the only option in this game. If we were indeed in the same boat, why are these people suddenly quitting?
I guess you’ll never know how I would react if Rifle was revealed instead, but it’s safe to say that whoever is about to quit a game or a character based on a look or/and without any information on weapon skills and trait, is being blatantly unreasonable and immature.

Not to mention that Anet very surely took their opinions into account when building the character, and they are just going to leave like that? Hypocrisy.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: beastahead.9732

beastahead.9732

I don’t know guys. When I got the this freaking game I wanted to be a god kitten thief with god kitten dual pistols pew-pewing people around with Ricochet. This is the only reason I got this game… the freaking dual pistol pew pew video sold me the game. Now we get a stupid staff(Congrats to all happy people by the way). Unless they return ricochet and fix dual pistols for me this will be the last patch. Have over 1500 hours on thief. Will not be playing another class.

Once again – congrats to everyone happy about the staff.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I don’t know guys. When I got the this freaking game I wanted to be a god kitten thief with god kitten dual pistols pew-pewing people around with Ricochet. This is the only reason I got this game… the freaking dual pistol pew pew video sold me the game. Now we get a stupid staff(Congrats to all happy people by the way). Unless they return ricochet and fix dual pistols for me this will be the last patch. Have over 1500 hours on thief. Will not be playing another class.

The Pistols were definitely super awesome when first shown in trailer and I was excited to use them. I’m still waiting for them to allow me to though. Instead they remove features from them and still never buff or fix them.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Kocoff.7582

Now we get a stupid staff(Congrats to all happy people by the way). Unless they return ricochet and fix dual pistols for me this will be the last patch. Have over 1500 hours on thief. Will not be playing another class.

See @Forz? This is completely understandable. They took his Ricochet & P/P build away, he also put in a lot of work into a thief. That’s an argument.

Not some stupid “Thank Anet, definitely quitting now. PU mesmer all the way.”

@Beastathead, I am sorry mate, and i also truly hope they fix ricochet. Diveristy is killed here in this profession. Somebody even mentioned putting the Ricochet trait into Unload? what do you think about that? Sure it’s not what it used to be, but still…

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Staff on thief isn’t inherently a bad thing – it depends on the skills/mechanics/traits.

but I agree that pistols need fixing – if not completely redoing

in Thief

Posted by: Endlos.4852

Endlos.4852

I’m tentatively excited for staff, depending on what they do with it. If it can differentiate itself from the glut of playstyles already offered in melee and be mathematically viable to make it an attractive option, then I’m on-board.

That being said, I don’t main thief, and a staff won’t suddenly make me main thief. I won’t main a profession that doesn’t have a good ranged option/backup available. Shortbow is decent but more used for the utility (dem teleports) than single-target throughput, and Pistol/Pistol is a joke.

Will staff be fun to screw around with and add to an already well-established close-range playstyle? Hopefully. Will it truly enhance the class or allow it to break into a new area or function like a rifle, or heck, even functional pistol/pistol could have? Incredibly doubtful.

in Thief

Posted by: beastahead.9732

beastahead.9732

Now we get a stupid staff(Congrats to all happy people by the way). Unless they return ricochet and fix dual pistols for me this will be the last patch. Have over 1500 hours on thief. Will not be playing another class.

See @Forz? This is completely understandable. They took his Ricochet & P/P build away, he also put in a lot of work into a thief. That’s an argument.

Not some stupid “Thank Anet, definitely quitting now. PU mesmer all the way.”

@Beastathead, I am sorry mate, and i also truly hope they fix ricochet. Diveristy is killed here in this profession. Somebody even mentioned putting the Ricochet trait into Unload? what do you think about that? Sure it’s not what it used to be, but still…

Anything that makes my P/P work normally in AoE PvE situations(of course with some sacrifices in the trait line), works for me as well.

Anything that makes my P/P work normally in sPvP(not even tPvP) situations, works for me as well.

in Thief

Kocoff.7582

I’m tentatively excited for staff, depending on what they do with it. If it can differentiate itself from the glut of playstyles already offered in melee and be mathematically viable to make it an attractive option, then I’m on-board.

That being said, I don’t main thief, and a staff won’t suddenly make me main thief. I won’t main a profession that doesn’t have a good ranged option/backup available. Shortbow is decent but more used for the utility (dem teleports) than single-target throughput, and Pistol/Pistol is a joke.

Will staff be fun to screw around with and add to an already well-established close-range playstyle? Hopefully. Will it truly enhance the class or allow it to break into a new area or function like a rifle, or heck, even functional pistol/pistol could have? Incredibly doubtful.

You put up some good questions mate. Idk which profession you main but it doesn’t really matter. I don’t even expect Staff to get us into a new era like you said simply because before getting to the new era, you need to make sure everything is fixed. So far, that is not the case.

My expectations, I believe, are reasonable : I just want traits to be fixed, top notch repairs, so that we can get back to that diversity we used to love so much. Daredevil is fulfilling that role in some way, but repairing comes first. So that when next Expansion comes, we will welcome Rifle with open arms.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

You put up some good questions mate. Idk which profession you main but it doesn’t really matter. I don’t even expect Staff to get us into a new era like you said simply because before getting to the new era, you need to make sure everything is fixed. So far, that is not the case.

My expectations, I believe, are reasonable : I just want traits to be fixed, top notch repairs, so that we can get back to that diversity we used to love so much. Daredevil is fulfilling that role in some way, but repairing comes first. So that when next Expansion comes, we will welcome Rifle with open arms.

while I agree with all these sentiments, it this the right thread for them?

in Thief

Posted by: BZB.1658

BZB.1658

Sneaktheif Armor is getting the spotlight! Maybe they will actually fix the horrible red screen tears in it… one can dream. I’d love to finally showoff my theif in the light!

Attached another example – see the red line in middle of his chest (also appears on side and just inside the glove lining)

Attachments:

(edited by BZB.1658)

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

List for the devs

Because why not make it easy for them an give us some hope?
Maybe we will finally get some dev attention

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Thief

Kocoff.7582

Gray hahaha. Sometimes I feel like you are not too far behind on my posts, politely telling me or anyone to shut up and stick to the topic.

+1 you are a good man.

back on topic
i am excited. a few days and get PoI and then we can have the real talks.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

i bet the new mechanics of the thief will be like mesmers distractions could be like the thieves guild cuz they do distract you from the main thief,
a thief with semi clones could be awesome

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Thanks A-Net. One well paying customer lost.

Translation: I have no idea what the spec is and I have no idea if it will be fun or not, but I felt like posting a whine message.

It is actions like this that cause ANET not to come into the forum. At least post something that makes sense, and create a list of why you have an issue with it. Otherwise, it is just a whiner post.

in Thief

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Sarutobi sensei!

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Anet better make this good. Otherwise there will a massive humble pie and a truckload of “I told you so”s for this forum.

I can’t speak for others, but all I ever said is that Thief was going to have a staff.
I never said it was going to be good, since that is impossible to predict, but I said that’s what Thief was going to get. From that picture that was released it was 100% clear Thief was getting a staff.

Though some people somehow saw a rifle where none existed. That was, at least for me, what the whole discussion was about.

I don’t speak for everyone aswell, but rifle was just preferred. ANYTHING but a melee staff would have been adequate except maybe warhorn and scepter. Melee staff just doesn’t seem like it’ll do anything the other weapons can’t already do. Its almost guaranteed to cause issues. These are just a few …

Gimmicky/weak = “Not gonna give up d/p meta for elite spec”
Potent melee = “Fix existing melee instead of giving us better melee!” or “Yay more melee /sarcasm” if its as good as the other weapons.
Potent evasion = “Soooo what about our other weapon evades?”
Potent Tankiness = “Melee staff is required in pvp now.”
Potent CC = “There goes x/p…” and from the other side “Thief stunlocking OP” followed by a nerf.
Potent utility/mobility = “I guess we are a pure melee class now. SB is only good #5 atm.”
Potent support = “This is a rev staff copy lol. Better to just roll a rev.”
Potent Conditions = “Staff is the new p/d with less kiting”
Mixture of any potency = from the other side “Daredevil is too OP!” followed by a nerf.
Balanced/average = “The elite spec didn’t change anything. But now we can RP monks! \o/”

And the target area to get it right is tiny compared to other weapons except for maybe scepter. I am just saying, those who hyped it to hell could’ve hyped it in another direction, preferably not melee staff. So anet better get it right or the thief community is going to leak members.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

It’s an opt-out….very disappointed.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Doggie.3184

Sarutobi sensei!

But his staff extends to great lengths and smacks people across the room. :o

in Thief

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

it’s a broom, you fools… the spec is called “Janitor”

Photoshop or it didn’t happen.

datamined :P

AWESOME HAHA

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

Anet better make this good. Otherwise there will a massive humble pie and a truckload of “I told you so”s for this forum.

I can’t speak for others, but all I ever said is that Thief was going to have a staff.
I never said it was going to be good, since that is impossible to predict, but I said that’s what Thief was going to get. From that picture that was released it was 100% clear Thief was getting a staff.

Though some people somehow saw a rifle where none existed. That was, at least for me, what the whole discussion was about.

I don’t speak for everyone aswell, but rifle was just preferred. ANYTHING but a melee staff would have been adequate except maybe warhorn and scepter. Melee staff just doesn’t seem like it’ll do anything the other weapons can’t already do. Its almost guaranteed to cause issues. These are just a few …
snip

You are right, but this finally gives some more attention to stealthless, power (maybe evade) thieves (hopefully). S/D may be better at this but what I like about Staff is that I hope it focusses on non-Stealth gameplay.
In one of the first posts ever from Anet about Elite Specializations they talked about some traits, one was that you lose a conditon when you evade an attack.
That got me hoping to be a trait for thief and an evady elite spec, no matter what weapon. And I think most (mostly former?) S/D Thieves ar gonna love the news as it may become a spec not outshined by D/P by far…

Also as it may be a stealthless elite spec, P/P and S/P may get some support as well, two weapon combinations who are not often seen in WvW or PvP… maybe also bring some kind of Riccochet back (not that I care much about that, but it seems like a lot of Thief players do).

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Have you ever heard of the term “mercy killing”? That’s essentially what leaving the profession is. You let the thief die because trying your best to keep it from suffering gameplay-wise is ineffective.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Monk is confirmed!!!!!

I still dont see staff as melee,guys it gonna be ranged staff for sure.

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

i bet the new mechanics of the thief will be like mesmers distractions could be like the thieves guild cuz they do distract you from the main thief,
a thief with semi clones could be awesome

What Ambush and Thieves Guild? I’m confused by your post.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

Monk is confirmed!!!!!

If and ONLY if it’s ranged at 1200 then I’d be ok with staff, otherwise I am still Team Rifle.

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

in Thief

Doggie.3184

Monk is confirmed!!!!!

If and ONLY if it’s ranged at 1200 then I’d be ok with staff, otherwise I am still Team Rifle.

I’d love 1200 range melee attacks via extending staff. That’s how da monkey king does it.

in Thief

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Well,already got the dreamer and biforst,only need unicorn finisher and im ready! Deathly rainbow thief confirmed!

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

I’m happy that the long wait has ceased, but also unhappy that they have none the less, stayed inconsistent with releasing a teaser video for the elite spec.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

I wasn’t a fan of either rifle or staff, while I’m completly indifferent at the decision, your whole text kind of sweats hypocrisy. Both staff and rifle believers were in the same boat in terms of questionability towards the Thief class. If the outcome was Rifle, one of its believers would write the exact same thing with a few keywords changed.

I beg to differ. The hypocrit is the one who stops playing Thief because of an announced weapon to which nobody has any data on, wether weapon skill or trait quality… It is hypocrit and unfounded. As if playing with staff is the only option in this game. If we were indeed in the same boat, why are these people suddenly quitting?
I guess you’ll never know how I would react if Rifle was revealed instead, but it’s safe to say that whoever is about to quit a game or a character based on a look or/and without any information on weapon skills and trait, is being blatantly unreasonable and immature.

Not to mention that Anet very surely took their opinions into account when building the character, and they are just going to leave like that? Hypocrisy.

Interesting… Evidence?

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Interesting… Evidence?

It’s called “reiteration process”, where they reiterate on good ideas for Thieves and toss it to the trash because Thief will be too OP for other professions. If Warrior will have a hard time dealing with Thief with the good idea, then that idea is trash during the reiteration process. That’s why all the good ideas never come into fruition.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Thief

Kocoff.7582

Interesting… Evidence?

Evidence of?? that Anet very surely takes everybody’s opinion into account? Pretty sure this is a given mate. This isn’t a Doctoral program, this is an internet forum. You can’t just ask proof of everything and anything.

Maybe they don’t it the way we want them to or as frequently, but they do. I mean, You don’t just create a popular and successful MMORPG without some sort of statistical feedback, and the servers records does that for them.
If you still insist on proof, you can also look at how responsive Anet has been with each elite spec’s after BWE.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

I’m so excited! hopefully this doesn’t mean that druid loses staff though.

I really hope that the auto attack has a nice cleave.

in Thief

Kocoff.7582

btw boys and girls, I can smell serious Sneakthief hype coming lol. In fact, it’s already here.

#LionsArchFashionWeek

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

is the staff on the image in game atm or will it be introduced after?

in Thief

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

None of the specialty weapons the elites get are in game. All we have are chat codes for preview. I think they’ll be in the circle o’ unlocks for the Elite spec line, along with the specialty armor pieces.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Not gonna lie, I kind of came to term with it being a staff.

As nice as a rifle would have been, and I would still want it in the future (if there is) elite specs along with a great sword. The datamined info is pretty solid most of the time…

It also might do what I wanted out of a great sword, that is a stealthless brawler, some one that can be on the frontlines… BUT, we will have to see till later this week.

In reality, the picture doesn’t tell us much about what it will actually do. As in, it could be an evasive fighter, it could be a brawler, it could be even a “shadow” mage/caster (giving the 1200 range). It has potential to fulfill any one of the roles that the community has wanted.

1200 range option: We now cast shadows/other ninja stuff onto the enemy. For instance an AA that could be just a staff swing sending a dark bolt… Or a more telegraphed move that performs some sort of a seal (thinking of naruto kitten, yup…) that creates a dark AoE field where targeted doing X, Y things…. Or through illusion/dark/shadow magic we’re able to “throw” the staff as a spear….

Evasive style, which is the most probably, given the trait we’ve seen (Brawler’s Tenacity) and the name “DareDevil”… basically doing flips and kitten – though, I think by the name…. it will be squishy/soft as a female’s chest (because the other word(s) are censored… starts with a “T” and ends with “ITS” – squishy as ____).

Brawler style, could be similiar to evasive, though not focusing on evades, but creating barriers by say spinning the staff and creating a dark/air barrier/orb around you – which say applies blind on hit… As far as some monk concepts go, yeah they can be evasive and acrobatic, but they can also be hardened and are able to endure pain through mental exercises/mediations and practice …

Besides the thief begin generally dark themed, the concept of various elements coming from the idea of a monk, could potentially grant us fire fields, water fields….

All that is to say:

TL;DR: We need to wait and see the PoI, before jumping ship or doing anything else….

Flip side:
We do have the same dev(s) working as the one(s) on the dragonhunter and tempest… And those didn’t turn out well as well as the others….

Oh and if one of the skills is an extending staff attack (hopefully +900 range), I so called it like months ago as a joke… (just gotta dig that post up…).

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in Thief

Posted by: Lamuness.3570

Lamuness.3570

Sheathed long sword would be SO HYPE. Iaijutsu ferrealz!

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

It’s not like we have any other choice than to swallow another jagged blue pill.

in Thief

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

Sheathed long sword would be SO HYPE. Iaijutsu ferrealz!

on theif it wouldnt be sheathed long sword,

it would be invisible katana.

a katana that uses lightning fast slash attacks and returns to its sheathe before anyone can see the blade.
thus making it difficult to block, parry, or disarm. muchless see the dmg caused to the blade, or the thickness of the blade (sheathe can be misleading)

in addition, redoing pistol into a revolver “quick draw” would be interesting.
firing shots lightning fast while keeping the gun hidden in the holster between shots.

deadly, and fitting.

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

It’s not like we have any other choice than to swallow another jagged blue pill.

Well, at least I have ideas on how that pill might taste/do… And still (faint) hope that it’s not a cyanide pill.

None of the specialty weapons the elites get are in game. All we have are chat codes for preview. I think they’ll be in the circle o’ unlocks for the Elite spec line, along with the specialty armor pieces.

I’m pretty sure you’re right. It would make the most sense.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in Thief

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

I don’t speak for everyone aswell, but rifle was just preferred. ANYTHING but a melee staff would have been adequate except maybe warhorn and scepter. Melee staff just doesn’t seem like it’ll do anything the other weapons can’t already do. Its almost guaranteed to cause issues.

So, you think a melee hammer would have been preferred to melee staff? Or Greatsword?

in Thief

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

How do we know this is not the Ranger? The official post did not say it was thief.

Ranger will most likely show a pet in the concept art too.

Their pet is in the picture, it is some sort of Shadow beast the ranger has. I outlined it for you.

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

How do we know this is not the Ranger? The official post did not say it was thief.

Their pet is in the picture, it is some sort of Shadow beast the ranger has. I outlined it for you.

Legendary pokemon confirmed!!

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Wow, you could be right.

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I never cared what weapon we got, we still have 4 weapon sets underperforming and a list of bad traits and skills so long it would require the first 4 posts of a thread to be fully addressed.

Can’t blind me with new toys anet, I want duct tape and glue for the old ones!

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”