Staff rotations for solo and dungeon pugs

Staff rotations for solo and dungeon pugs

in Thief

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

Preamble: In my last 30 dungeon pug paths I’ve kept notes on what happened with might/vuln/fury. In 23 paths where I didn’t play necro, vuln hit 25 stacks for about 25 seconds total and was typically in the range 5-10 for most of each fight. Group fury was usually absent, and never went over 50% except one TA fwd/up run where I played ranger.

Aside from that, earlier I was trying to get comfortable with the daredevil rotation from metabattle (dodge, 2x staff 2, auto attack chain, repeat). I don’t quite have it down, but it struck me that I wasn’t really getting more dps than by auto attacking. Then I realised that I had no group buffs on. My auto attacks were (eventually) stacking 16 vuln and getting maybe 50% fury, while the meta rotation gave… not nearly so much.

I figure the meta rotation assumes 25 vuln and 100% group fury, so anything the daredevil generates themself is wasted. But it’s not like that in my world.

Which leads me to wonder: if I’m not seeing the group vuln/fury in dungeon PUGs, should I just stick to auto attacks? If I can apply 10+ extra vuln, ramping up as the others generally ramp down, and all 5 players get the benefit of that…

If I’m right, should I think about a frailty sigil too?

Any advice welcome.