Staff skills (not about damage)

in Thief

Posted by: jaif.3518

jaif.3518

Ignoring damage, I think we need the following for staff:

First, most important, make staff #4 a knockdown so the staff has an interrupt.

Second, staff #2 needs to target like heartseeker, not be directional.

Third, the AA is clunky, please redo it. My suggestion is not to follow the standard 3-strike pattern, but just have it be a quick poke with a few different animations.

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Ignoring damage, I think we need the following for staff:

First, most important, make staff #4 a knockdown so the staff has an interrupt.

If so, it should be single target, for balance. 3targets spammable kd will be OP.

Second, staff #2 needs to target like heartseeker, not be directional.

100% agree.

Third, the AA is clunky, please redo it. My suggestion is not to follow the standard 3-strike pattern, but just have it be a quick poke with a few different animations.

I think it should be faster, especially the 1st hit

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: Siobhan.3582

Siobhan.3582

no no no.. we do not NEED heartseeker targeting on staff 2..

That one person.

in Thief

Daendur.2357

no no no.. we do not NEED heartseeker targeting on staff 2..

why?

in Thief

Posted by: Petoox.6570

Petoox.6570

Staff #2 seriously needs to be targeted.

in Thief

Posted by: Cuth.5203

Cuth.5203

I don’t feel like #2 needs to be like Heartseeker, you just need to move your camera faster. Fail will happen but well, it would be too easy to land.

in Thief

Posted by: Bleak.5796

Bleak.5796

what we really need besides damage is a proper blink gap closer

in Thief

Daendur.2357

I don’t feel like #2 needs to be like Heartseeker, you just need to move your camera faster. Fail will happen but well, it would be too easy to land.

at least it has to have its stop moments removed. before and after the animation you are rooted, it’s not fluid = bad

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Staff has an interrupt when one uses hook. While it tied to stealth and the access to stealth low this a good thing for reasons of balance. Spam a knockdown interspersed with attacks and it rapidly becomes OP.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

Posted by: herzeleid.3719

herzeleid.3719

at least it has to have its stop moments removed. before and after the animation you are rooted, it’s not fluid = bad

Agree! That’s what makes it terrible. You stop before you start running and stop again afterward. Remove the stop animations and it is nice.

As far as PVP/WvW goes I haven’t found a build that works as of yet though. Soldiers gear interupt pulmonary strike build was kind of ok, but then – almost every other build is better… :-(

in Thief

Posted by: Nivik.2961

Nivik.2961

Im very confused by some of these reply’s. It seems like many people on this forum specifically are so concerned with not becoming overpowered and policing our skills….are you not seeing what is happening with the current meta? in order for DD to be viable something small like heartseeker targeting on staff 2 would be a step in the right direction. all this “too easy to land” stuff makes me laugh. just a heads up, the other classes arent out there like, “oh maybe bruning needs to be cut down, and while youre at it, nerf our water traits a bit to make it fair”

oh and before you say it let me guess, I need to learn to play right. kittenin rediculous

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Im very confused by some of these reply’s. It seems like many people on this forum specifically are so concerned with not becoming overpowered and policing our skills….are you not seeing what is happening with the current meta? in order for DD to be viable something small like heartseeker targeting on staff 2 would be a step in the right direction. all this “too easy to land” stuff makes me laugh. just a heads up, the other classes arent out there like, “oh maybe bruning needs to be cut down, and while youre at it, nerf our water traits a bit to make it fair”

oh and before you say it let me guess, I need to learn to play right. kittenin rediculous

Everything is compared to cele d/d ele lulz I wouldn’t use that as a standard to balance around if anything use d/p as the standard.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Daendur.2357

I’m with you. Same range and autotarget as HS on staff 2.

Never seen a ranger saying “please, let us aim for rapid fire and do not auto track target, even in stealth.”

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Yeah, some of the cries for nerfs are a bit strange. At first I thought it was people who don’t play Thief, but now I think some people are so used to nerfs and a lack of developer attention that they’re trying to preemptively get their own stuff nerfed so they won’t be disappointed again.

Or… we could just ask for things to function as they should?

in Thief

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

I feel that a possibility to get into stealth with staff is needed.
And a gap closer with range 900 units (shadow shot).

Also there should be a possibility to apply damaging conditions with staff, maybe lotus training could be changed and the conditions (at least bleeding and torment) given to staff instead?

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Staff #2 should be a directional evade like warrior’s GS #3 so when you evade backwards with #3, you can dive right back in.

Staff #4 should be a melee range daze. Range 130, daze 0.5 seconds, 0.25 second cast, smoke field 2 seconds, up to 3 targets.

Staff #5 needs less hangtime (0.5-0.75 seconds) or needs to be more like guard GS #3 (in terms of function and even animation).

I appeciate trying to make some of the animations cool on the dodges and Staff #5, but it feels like the over the top flips is what led to the general clunky feel of this spec. Simpler, faster animations would make staff a deadly brawling weapon.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

(edited by Maugetarr.6823)

in Thief

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Alternative – it can be directionally targeted like Warrior’s Whirlwind attack on Greatsword.

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Alternative – it can be directionally targeted like Warrior’s Whirlwind attack on Greatsword.

^ Thissssss. Would allow for better control wherever you want to go, whether it be retreating or charging at your opponent. And reduce after cast.