Stat Build For My Theif

Stat Build For My Theif

in Thief

Posted by: Rultrath.1679

Rultrath.1679

I am leveling a thief, and I am having a lot of trouble deciding what stat set to use. I’m planning on rolling a D/D stealth thief (10/30/30/0/0) and I want to lean twords more DPS. I see a lot of people with a similar build using Valkyrie with Berserker trinkets, and was wondering at the reason for why so many use this rather than going full one or the other. Another one of the issues I’m having with this is how valuable precision is going to be. As I’m playing a stealth backstab build I will include the 100% crit from stealth, and I believe backstab is where the majority of damage comes from. Seeing as I will have 100% crit out of stealth and backstab is where most damage comes from(???) I am thinking percision may not be as worthwhile to get, so I should focus more on Valkyrie or another alternative build to zerker. Any input on this would be much appreciated, as well as other trait builds and gear options for a stealth backstab thief:)

Level 80 Necromancer main of FEAR.
All around player WvW main.
Dragonbrand Server

Stat Build For My Theif

in Thief

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

ppls use valk to don’t get 1 shoted or to avoid to die by random aoe
let’s be honest, full bers has 11000 hp and 1900 defence. Is glass cannon that can die from 1 random backstab /whirlwind … etc
Full glass cannons use the extra 20% damage under 50% hp .
Nowdays most of ppls run with an stunbreaker , so as full glas cannon you will die a lot unless you are experienced

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

Stat Build For My Theif

in Thief

Posted by: Rultrath.1679

Rultrath.1679

Yeah I know people use it for the extra vitality, but what I was mainly confused at is why not use a constant stat build that gives you vitality throughout all your gear not just in your main 6? I see a very common theme of zerker weapons and trinkets but Valk main 6 armor, was wondering why it was so much preferred over full one or the other?

Level 80 Necromancer main of FEAR.
All around player WvW main.
Dragonbrand Server

Stat Build For My Theif

in Thief

Posted by: brunohstein.9038

brunohstein.9038

Yeah I know people use it for the extra vitality, but what I was mainly confused at is why not use a constant stat build that gives you vitality throughout all your gear not just in your main 6? I see a very common theme of zerker weapons and trinkets but Valk main 6 armor, was wondering why it was so much preferred over full one or the other?

Valkyrie doesn’t give you any additional critical chance. You hit like a truck when you crit, but you rarely crit. Mixing Berserker with Valkyrie can give you around 16k HP and more than 50% of critical chance.

Stat Build For My Theif

in Thief

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Valkyrie doesn’t give you any additional critical chance. You hit like a truck when you crit, but you rarely crit. Mixing Berserker with Valkyrie can give you around 16k HP and more than 50% of critical chance.

You’re talking about 50% crit chance with fury right?

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Stat Build For My Theif

in Thief

Posted by: brunohstein.9038

brunohstein.9038

You’re talking about 50% crit chance with fury right?

Not actually.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/thief/?7|8.1p.h4.8.1p.h1|0.0.0.0.0.0|1p.7h.1p.7h.1p.7h.1p.7h.1p.7h.1p.7h|1p.61.1g.67.1g.67.1g.67.1g.67.0.0|a3.u36b.u45b.0.0|0.0|e