State of the thief [Hard to Catch]

in Thief

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

This is a sub topic for the state of the thief. you can get to the main overview by clicking one of the links below.
This Topic is used to discuss about a specific skill or trait and to make suggestions on how to improve it.

———————————————
Hard to Catch:
———————————————
Acrobatics Trait: XI
Shadowstep away and give swiftness (12s) when you are disabled (stun, daze, float, knock down, launch, knock back, sink, or fear). This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.

———————————————
Ideas :
———————————————

Shadowstep away and give swiftness (12s) Evade and knock down the enemy when you are disabled (stun, daze, float, knock down, launch, knock back, sink, or fear). This effect cannot occur more than once every 90 seconds.

1. Evade all attacks for 3s when you are disabled (stun, daze, float, knock down, launch, knock back, sink, or fear). This effect cannot occur more than once every 120 seconds.

2. Blind all enemies near you and give swiftness (10s) when you are disabled (stun, daze, float, knock down, launch, knock back, sink, or fear). This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.

shared weakness:

When you are disabled (stun, daze, float, knock down, launch, knock back, sink, or fear)
you apply the same disable to the causing enemy. 45 secconds cooldown.

(edited by crouze.3078)

in Thief

crouze.3078

My idea:

Shadowstep away and give swiftness (12s) Evade and knock down the enemy when you are disabled (stun, daze, float, knock down, launch, knock back, sink, or fear). This effect cannot occur more than once every 90 seconds.

in Thief

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

1. Evade all attacks for 3s when you are disabled (stun, daze, float, knock down, launch, knock back, sink, or fear). This effect cannot occur more than once every 120 seconds.

2. Blind all enemies near you and give swiftness (10s) when you are disabled (stun, daze, float, knock down, launch, knock back, sink, or fear). This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.

(edited by knyy.6427)

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

120 seconds cd is too much to be useful trait so i add the stealth so
i would add go stealth also if your hp is 50%

in Thief

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

shared weakness:

incomming disabled: (stun, daze, float, knock down, launch, knock back, sink, or fear)
also apply to the source. 45 secconds cooldown.

example: person A stuns you for 3 secconds. you and person A will both be stunned for 3 secconds.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in Thief

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Too much you said?

“Makes Thief log off when you are disabled (stun, daze, float, knock down, launch, knock back, sink, or fear). This effect cannot occur more than once every 360 seconds.”

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Lukrath.6982

Lukrath.6982

Absolutely not. Already the stealth at 25% has me dead five times as much as it saves me with the reveal debuff outa nowhere.

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

I like Shared weakness – it feels unique and useful, without being OP.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

crouze.3078

I like Shared weakness – it feels unique and useful, without being OP.

yes, it’s similar to my idea but without evade for the incoming attack and lower internal cooldown.

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

My idea is:
Grand Master Tier – break stun and Invulnerable for 3 seconds (CD 30sec)
It will be the only source of Invulnerability for thieves, on a Grand Master Trait.

I also like the “Shared weakness” proposal but what if an enemy stuns the thief while under effect of stability?
Warriors that are the main source of stuns in the current meta, also are able to run with almost perma stability if they are built correctly.
Another thing that make me think about “Shared Weakness” is what about a 1v2 situation? I am stunned —-> my first enemy get stunned as well —-> my second enemy is still able to hit me for free —-> I am not realy “Hard to Catch” in that situation and personally for a Grand Master Tier I expect something a little more usefull in many situations

EDIT:
Another proposal that comes to mind could be:
- Grand Master Tier – when you are disabled (stun, daze, float, knock down, launch, knock back, sink, or fear) for the next 10 seconds every utility used is a break stun (45-60 sec CD)

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

(edited by Kolly.9872)

in Thief

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

>Evade and knock down the enemy when you are disabled (stun, daze, float, knock down, launch, knock back, sink, or fear). This effect cannot occur more than once every 90 seconds.
>90 seconds.
Lol, why not 9000 seconds? Simple autostunbreaker with low icd would be much better.
>1. Evade all attacks for 3s when you are disabled (stun, daze, float, knock down, launch, knock back, sink, or fear). This effect cannot occur more than once every 120 seconds.
Again. Why not 1200000?

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Shadowstep when hit by daze,fear,stun,knockback,launch,blowout and gain swiftness, 40s ICD.
-10% Stun Duration

The great forum duppy.

in Thief

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

>Evade and knock down the enemy when you are disabled (stun, daze, float, knock down, launch, knock back, sink, or fear). This effect cannot occur more than once every 90 seconds.
>90 seconds.
Lol, why not 9000 seconds? Simple autostunbreaker with low icd would be much better.
>1. Evade all attacks for 3s when you are disabled (stun, daze, float, knock down, launch, knock back, sink, or fear). This effect cannot occur more than once every 120 seconds.
Again. Why not 1200000?

Because these ideas are very strong and would be overpowered with a lower CD.

My idea is:
Grand Master Tier – break stun and Invulnerable for 3 seconds (CD 30sec)
It will be the only source of Invulnerability for thieves, on a Grand Master Trait.

I also like the “Shared weakness” proposal but what if an enemy stuns the thief while under effect of stability?
Warriors that are the main source of stuns in the current meta, also are able to run with almost perma stability if they are built correctly.
Another thing that make me think about “Shared Weakness” is what about a 1v2 situation? I am stunned —-> my first enemy get stunned as well —-> my second enemy is still able to hit me for free —-> I am not realy “Hard to Catch” in that situation and personally for a Grand Master Tier I expect something a little more usefull in many situations

EDIT:
Another proposal that comes to mind could be:
- Grand Master Tier – when you are disabled (stun, daze, float, knock down, launch, knock back, sink, or fear) for the next 10 seconds every utility used is a break stun (45-60 sec CD)

I dont know if its just me but i think your ideas are way too overpowered. I think you should keep it real. Invulnerable for 3s on a 30s CD? You would be an unstoppable beast. This trait is not meant as a “i will break stun every time”.

(edited by knyy.6427)

in Thief

Posted by: Toroquin.3605

Toroquin.3605

Shadowstep away and give swiftness (4s) when you are disabled (stun, daze, float, knock down, launch, knock back, sink, or fear). This effect cannot occur more than once every 8 seconds.
…and make it shadowstep you a distance of 120’ in a random direction instead of shadowsteping a random distance in a random direction.
That would confuse the enemy and cause it to miss a lot of attacks if they don’t react quickly. It would also make it change the way you play a little more with a low ICD, as I think a grandmaster should, instead of just being a get out of jail free-card every X seconds (although that might be the point of most ‘On CC’-traits).

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“shared weakness: incomming disabled: (stun, daze, float, knock down, launch, knock back, sink, or fear) also apply to the source. 45 secconds cooldown.”

The developers are not going to give us a mesmer trait, so better think up something new http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mirror_of_Anguish .

in Thief

crouze.3078

Ok, we can compare it to all classes:

Engineer: Grandmaster. 4s blind field with 30 sec cooldown.
Ranger: Adept. Transfer disable to the pet with 90 sec cooldown
Elementalist: Grandmaster. Gain shocking aura that stuns attacking enemys with 60 sec cooldown. And a +20% damage bonus against stunned or knock downed foes.
Mesmer: Master. mirror disable to the source with 45 sec cooldown.

(edited by crouze.3078)

in Thief

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

Ok, we can compare it to all classes:

Engineer: Grandmaster. 4s blind field with 30 sec cooldown.
Ranger: Adept. Transfer disable to the pet with 90 sec cooldown
Elementalist: Grandmaster. Gain shocking aura that stuns attacking enemys with 60 sec cooldown. And a +20% damage bonus against stunned or knock downed foes.
Mesmer: mirror disable to the source with 45 sec cooldown.

That Ranger trait seems terribly weak compared to the Mesmer trait…

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Thief

crouze.3078

forgot to add that the mesmerone is a master trait.

But i think the strongest the the elementalist trait.
It can stun multiple targets and has a damage boost.

in Thief

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

>90 seconds.
Again. Why not 1200000?

Because these ideas are very strong and would be overpowered with a lower CD.

Then why not to give complete invulnerability and +10000% damage to a thief for like 10 seconds with cd of 900000 seconds? You still don’t get it?

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

Acrobatics Trait: XI
Shadowstep away and clean 1 condition when you are disabled (stun, daze, float, knock down, launch, knock back, sink, or fear). This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.