State of the thief [Infusion of Shadow]

in Thief

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

This is a sub topic for the state of the thief. you can get to the main overview by clicking one of the links below.
This Topic is used to discuss about a specific skill or trait and to make suggestions on how to improve it.

———————————————
Infusion of Shadow:
———————————————
Shadow Arts Trait: V
Gain 2 initiative when using a skill that stealths you.

———————————————
Ideas :
———————————————

Gain 2 initiative when using a skill that stealths you. This effect cannot occur more than once every 6 seconds.

(edited by crouze.3078)

in Thief

crouze.3078

My idea:

Gain 2 initiative when using a skill that stealths you. This effect cannot occur more than once every 6 seconds.

in Thief

Posted by: Paulo.8459

Paulo.8459

Seems a good idea to me. The most important function of the trait isn’t changed, but it prevents endless stealth stacking ind WvW.

Though i’d make the cooldown 5 seconds, just because i like the number

in Thief

crouze.3078

I thought about 3 sec standard stealth duration + 3 sec revealed = 6 seconds.
I know you might not allways stay the whole duration in stealth but i thought 6 seconds would be a good time to make the users think more about it then just hitting cloak and dagger again as soon as revealed is gone.

The internal cooldown could be increased as well. but i think that might break the gameplay to much.

I think 6 seconds is a great time but i wouldn’t complain if it’s 5 seconds in the end

in Thief

Posted by: Paulo.8459

Paulo.8459

If someone stays in stealth the whole 3 seconds, he’ll probably not be revealed
But yes, it’s posible with the right timing.
I think that 5 seconds should be enogh, since the purpose is to directly stop stealth stacking through combos.

Something i want to add: this should not affect PvE.