State of the thief [Potent Poison]

in Thief

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

This is a sub topic for the state of the thief. you can get to the main overview by clicking one of the links below.
This Topic is used to discuss about a specific skill or trait and to make suggestions on how to improve it.

———————————————
Potent Poison:
———————————————
Deadly Arts Trait: V
Increases poison duration by 33%.

———————————————
Ideas :
———————————————

33% chance to inflict poison for 5 seconds on critical hits. This effect can only trigger once every 10 seconds.

[The Burning Poison]:
When you poison an enemy, you also add burning for 1 second.

Potent Venom:
Increase damage output while a venom is active (15%?)

a) Increase critical hit chance by 10% against poisoned foes.
b) poisoned foes within 600 range of you heal 15% less. Poison duration is 20% longer.

Increase the duration of poison, torment and weakness by 33%

Potent Poison:
Poison is harder to remove (condition remover just half it’s duration)

(edited by crouze.3078)

in Thief

crouze.3078

My idea:

33% chance to inflict poison for 5 seconds on critical hits. This effect can only trigger once every 10 seconds.

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

that trait is not so bad… you can keep poison up forever …

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

[The Burning Poison]:

in Thief

crouze.3078

That would make the dagger auto attack to strong.
But on the other hand it would buff the spider venom as well and thats a good thing.

When decreasing damage of the dagger chain 3 skill it would be great.

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i would add also when you crit you add burning for 1 seconds (5-10 seconds cd)

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

[The Burning Poison]:

Sounds like chemical burns! Yay for chemistry!

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Kinda comes from the idea behind assassin signet (because it acts like a venom).

Increase damage output while a venom is active (15%?) Goes away once you run out of venom charges.

Mix in venom sharing and this would be a real good group skill in wvw if using spider venom (which is next to useless).

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

a) 10% crit on poisoned foes.
b) poisoned foes within 600 range of you heal 15% less. Poison duration is 20% longer.

Its an adept trait end of the day.

The great forum duppy.

in Thief

crouze.3078

Mug is an adept trait as well

So it should be powerfull enough to make you think about which one you pick

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

- Whenever you apply poison to your target, they take X damage (think like leeching venom without the heal, with a properly tested number)

- Poison you apply reduces healing by an additional 17%
Or
- Poison you apply does 100% more damage (poison is a utility condition, the damage itself is pitiful – dont let 100% more damage fool you)
I Don’t know exactly how Anet tracks multiple different sources of a time stacking condition like this, so I don’t know how feasible this is.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Poison duration is just not relevant as a trait. If the designers feel it is relevant then it should definitely include torment duration and possibly include something else like weakness, fear, or burning duration as well (not having those on tap keeps it balanced).

in Thief

Posted by: Kydar Schattendolch.6879

Kydar Schattendolch.6879

2 ideas:

1. 33% chance to inflict poison (5s) and vulnerability (5 stacks) for 5 seconds. Can only Trigger once every 10 seconds.

2. 33% chance to inflict poison (5s). If your target is moving, you also inflict 2 stacks of tourment for 5s. Can only Trigger once every 10 seconds.

in Thief

crouze.3078

2 ideas:

1. 33% chance to inflict poison (5s) and vulnerability (5 stacks) for 5 seconds. Can only Trigger once every 10 seconds.

2. 33% chance to inflict poison (5s). If your target is moving, you also inflict 2 stacks of tourment for 5s. Can only Trigger once every 10 seconds.

I think adding more then just poison would be to strong.
Looking at similar traits (100% burning on crit 4 sec with 10s ICD). (for engineer an adept trait)
And your ideas are not on crit? maybe you forgot to add that, but 33% with every hit would be very strong for condition builds without precision.

Looking at the damage of poison compared to burning, i would change my initial idea from
33% chance on crit to poison 5s with 10s ICD to
100% chance on crit to poison 5s with 10s ICD

It would be less damage then the engineer trait but the main reason to pick this trait would be to lower the healing.

But i also like the other ideas.

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

2 ideas:

Looking at similar traits (100% burning on crit 4 sec with 10s ICD). (for engineer an adept trait)
And your ideas are not on crit? maybe you forgot to add that, but 33% with every hit would be very strong for condition builds without precision.

Looking at the damage of poison compared to burning, i would change my initial idea from

It would be less damage then the engineer trait but the main reason to pick this trait would be to lower the healing.

Don’t like it behind an “On Crit” barrier – thieves are already forced to go very bursty if they want to remain effective, more traits that encourage taking a high crit % aren’t necessary, and the fact that this trait is in DA doesn’t help.

I like Ensoriki’s “10% more crit against poisoned targets” trait the best so far – it gives a thief a way to get more crit (as I said above, something important) outside the normal CS/Precision path.

The only real problem is it still doesn’t compete with Mug – nothing competes with Mug. Mug isn’t OP, it’s just so generally useful.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Posted by: Kydar Schattendolch.6879

Kydar Schattendolch.6879

2 ideas:

Make it without crit and an ICD of 15-20s. And btw, ist not with every hit, ist with 33% per hit. Maybe reduce it to 20% Chance. In that case as well condi builds without crit can use this trait.

Your 100% Chance on crit is not good i think. This makes it only useful for condi-crit builds. Don’t like it. In that case, you can also say 33% chance without crit and the ICD, maybe increased ICD to 15-20s.

(edited by Kydar Schattendolch.6879)

in Thief

crouze.3078

My idea:

[General]
Reduce CD’s of Venoms to 35 Secs
+
[Improved Venoms]
Venom skills recharge 20% faster and have a higher duration of 25%.

I think you’re in the wrong topic. My venom disscusion is here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/State-of-the-thief-Venom/3007746

There allready is a trait that increases the venom recharge rate by 20% in game. But adding a duration effect to it would be nice.

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Ups, my mistake.
I thought it were those thread

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Potent Poison:
Poison is harder to remove (condition remover just half it’s duration)

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara