State of thief...

State of thief...

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

So I took a fairly long break. Few months at least. Stopped playing shortly after HoT because thief was bad.

I noticed they might be buffing acro and sword aa.

Is this really enough? I started playing again yesterday and thief still sucks. I logged on necro and using my version of burn frost I was #1 on hot joins.

I logged into thief after relearning the controls again and was mid way or at the bottom in points. Thief just sucks… Why play thief at the moment? Which is the reason I stopped playing because thief is my class and without it the game is boring to me…

Do we really think from what we have in the limited notes from the stream will be enough?

Just another noob thief…

State of thief...

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

We’ll be getting a way to deal with block (besides tripwire which nobody takes), and the bunkering should take a significant hit, which means we may actually be able to kill people.

State of thief...

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

The patch is coming out tomorrow (for me today). We don’t know all teh changes that will be made to thief and other classes – there is some live stream thread here, I think – but even there they didn’t tell us about all changes we can expect.

ETA:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Thief-changes-from-livestream/first

All we know for now.

(edited by Jana.6831)

State of thief...

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

You know what i am really worried about? That all those so called buffs will come with some hefty nerfs somewhere else, anet style~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

State of thief...

in Thief

Posted by: morgul.9276

morgul.9276

Irwi IRwi, you are always depressing everyone.

State of thief...

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Irwi IRwi, you are always depressing everyone.

3 years of anet balancing will do it to a person~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

State of thief...

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I don’t expect too much, tbh.
So, they figured there’s a bunker meta and their answer to that: MOAR DAMAGE which won’t change a thing as long as all the passive blocks are still in game. Their answer to that: Let’s make BV unblockable. For some reason they’re too afraid to nerf other classes although they should’ve done it (in theory = traitlines) before, latest soon after the June patch. Now it’s pretty late.
But in the end: Who cares, we’re still around, more or less – it’s just not much fun anymore.
ETA: But at least the facerollers claim that this game is balanced like never before. The Espurtz-crowd however is leaving.

(edited by Jana.6831)

State of thief...

in Thief

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

thief still good bro believe me. just avoid get into a clash without enough endurance to dodge and without breakstun breakstun and avoid Dragon hunter trapper they’re aids against thieves especially a good DH trapper. but don’t worry we will get a really good damage buff soon!

State of thief...

in Thief

Posted by: Gallant Pigeon.5807

Gallant Pigeon.5807

thief still good bro believe me. just avoid get into a clash without enough endurance to dodge and without breakstun breakstun and avoid Dragon hunter trapper they’re aids against thieves especially a good DH trapper. but don’t worry we will get a really good damage buff soon!

Thieves aren’t good in this meta. You cannot carry a bad/mediocre team in pvp at all. A good thief can tip the scales when the other 4 players know what they are doing – hence why they are used in some premade comps.

In regards to DH trapper, you should not being dying to them. In fact, running staff + short bow you should win against them regularly 1v1. Traps are predictable and can be dodged. Shortbow can use elevation and line of sight DPS to force the a DH off point in many instances.

The only thing I’ve seen DHs excel at is securing downs + zerging points (2 DH + bunker can easily sweep points)

State of thief...

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

So I took a fairly long break. Few months at least. Stopped playing shortly after HoT because thief was bad.

Is this really enough? I started playing again yesterday and thief still sucks. I logged on necro and using my version of burn frost I was #1 on hot joins.

I logged into thief after relearning the controls again and was mid way or at the bottom in points. Thief just sucks… Why play thief at the moment? Which is the reason I stopped playing because thief is my class and without it the game is boring to me…

Do we really think from what we have in the limited notes from the stream will be enough?

Thief will always be a profession that’s harder to play when you come back from an absence since it’s a squishy glass cannon that relies on understanding the enemy to some degree.

It’s not a great meta, but it’s not as bad as people make it out to be either. Either way, we’ll see what it looks like later today…

State of thief...

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Good to see you back Swinsk, I was actually hoping you were going to pop up on my thread too that I had made for the older gen Thieves. Although it was still all together a good discussion.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/AikijinX-s-Question-to-Old-Thieves/first#post5922786

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

State of thief...

in Thief

Posted by: Wargrave.4936

Wargrave.4936

Hey its Swinks/Burrpy the guy that had MULTIPLE account banned in DAOC for cheating and he threaten the company to sue them with all his lawyers. But he kept buying/paying for more accounts to get banned, Ah good times,

State of thief...

in Thief

swinsk.6410

Lol war grave in gw2?

Finally quit Daoc?!?

Add me to friends list in game!

Even tho you still hate me I <3 u!

Btw, I sold my accounts to Natebrunner a long time
Ago…

Just another noob thief…

State of thief...

in Thief

swinsk.6410

Thief will always be a profession that’s harder to play when you come back from an absence since it’s a squishy glass cannon that relies on understanding the enemy to some degree.

It’s not a great meta, but it’s not as bad as people make it out to be either. Either way, we’ll see what it looks like later today…

I know this. Which is why i logged on necro first to remember all my bindings and dodges etc.

After i got the hang of it again i swapped to thief.

Just another noob thief…