Steal/Throw Gunk.

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: Marduh.4603

Marduh.4603

All Stolen Skills very useful except Throw Gunk.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Steal/Creature

And it is useless for any wepon set.
1) Small radius.
2) Break stealth.
3) Little damage.

Why not http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Throw_Net ?
Throw Gunk is like no one engineer weapon skill.

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: Chew Magna.4830

Chew Magna.4830

I like it because I get a purple bubble from the combo field.

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: darkchicken.8692

darkchicken.8692

i love throw gunk

it does damage everything tick while applying a condition and its a combo field ethereal that everyone can use

Blast Area Chaos Armor (3s)
Leap Chaos Armor (5s)
Projectile Confusion (5s)
Whirl Confusing bolts (5s)

its one of my favorite to get in pve.

One i dont like in PVE is the skull for the fear, i often use it far from enemies just to waste it.

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Umm… Throw Gunk is my #1 Favorite skill to steal.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Marduh.4603

Chaos Armor – totally useless
Projectile – Confusion – ok, 1 stack confusion kill engineer.
Confusing bolts – lol.

Umm… Throw Gunk is my #1 Favorite skill to steal.

And throw it into a corpse. Because it is completely useless in a fight.

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

In P/D Condi:

- Throw Gunk
- CnD
- Stealth Attack
→ 5 * 100% Projectile finisher resulting in 5 stacks Confusion

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Marduh.4603

In P/D Condi:

- Throw Gunk
- CnD
- Stealth Attack
-> 5 * 100% Projectile finisher resulting in 5 stacks Confusion

- Throw Gunk
- CnD
-Throw Gunk break stealth

+ very small radius

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: slender.1482

slender.1482

In P/D Condi:

- Throw Gunk
- CnD
- Stealth Attack

..which requires you to:

-stop #1 premature so that the mid-air bullet doesn’t interrupt your stealth before you can sneak attack

-throw goop breaks stealth if any enemy stands in it; hope that they are moving and that goop MISSES them (uh..) before CnD

-requires perfect positioning to not break stealth and to kite targets into position

it’s a situationally good ability. but most of the time I simply throw it at random and move on. mesmer steal is far superior. I’d rather get a flamethrower/net/thumper/ice grenade/elixir attack from an engi, there’s just so many better options and throw goop barely makes sense.

Thief Prime [BC] – thief Borlis Pass

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

I link the skill… I use it after leaving stealth (D/P – S/P set) just for the extra damage. Chaos armor from heartseeker is nice too.

Edit: Why would chaos armor be “useless”? It doesn’t feel “strong” but it helps nonetheless.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Marduh.4603

Edit: Why would chaos armor be “useless”? It doesn’t feel “strong” but it helps nonetheless.

Chaos armor absolutely no help from the 20+ seconds of burning.

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Do you even understand what it does? ;/

This thread just sounds like whining from someone who doesn’t have much experience with his profession.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Gwalchgwn.1659

And what from the stolen equipment does?
-Spamming heartseeker with ranger’s healing tree might (not going to do much when you’re burning for 20+ seconds)
-Thief’s stealth when traited for stealth condi removal

That’s kind of everything that might help with the burning, so if chaos armor sucks because it can’t help with the burning, then 6 of the 8 stolen skills (from real players) sucks.

Ring of Fire

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

In P/D Condi:

- Throw Gunk
- CnD
- Stealth Attack

- Throw Gunk
- CnD
-Throw Gunk break stealth

+ very small radius

Except that once you throw it, it doesn’t break stealth (like SB #4 or Caltrops), you don’t use it after your first steal+CnD combo because it will break stealth, you use it as part of the wait for Revealed to go, then when you stealth again you combo through it. That combo is good. And Chaos Armor is useful too (Protection, Regeneration or Swiftness each time I’m hit? In PvP that’s gold specially for a profession with very little access to those buffs). And it keeps adding conditions (great to throw in the middle of a cap point).

Honestly, like other stolen items it may depend on your setup (I can tell you any P/D+SB Thief will LOVE Throw Gunk), and its results need more interaction than the Skull or the Axe, but it is far from a bad skill.

And giant glowy purple orbs!! Everytime I see an ethereal field in a world event I start spaming Cluster Bomb to make a lot of huge shinning orbs!!

We got 1 bad PvP stolen skill, and that’s the Ice Stab thing you get from Elementalists (a profession with a lot of ways to cleanse conditions and ignore movement hindering so even if you land it it won’t matter much). Most times I just use it against thin air so I can see the Steal cooldown. For a profession with so much thematic versatility stealing that thing instead of some kind of elemental shard with multiple effects feels really bland.

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

This steal item is not good, but its not bad. Chaos armor, and confusion are great additions to condi builds for thieves, the only problem is that you can just sidestep “Throw Gunk”. No one in their right mind is actually going to sit in that gunk. In sPvP/tPvP I use it on downed bodies and its a lot of damage.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Lokheit.7943

This steal item is not good, but its not bad. Chaos armor, and confusion are great additions to condi builds for thieves, the only problem is that you can just sidestep “Throw Gunk”. No one in their right mind is actually going to sit in that gunk. In sPvP/tPvP I use it on downed bodies and its a lot of damage.

Well, you can always be the one standing on it to get the combos.

And nice idea about throwing it to downed bodies! I didn’t though about using it that way. It’s like throwing poo to someone that is bleeding to death in the ground, soooo cruel :P

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: Rissou.7213

Rissou.7213

I agree, throw gunk is just like last refuge, sometimes useful, but more often it ends up breaking stealth pattern and gives you reveal debuff.

Thief.

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

they are worthkitten th the gunk the chaos armor
w o r t h l e s s is banned ? O_O

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Lokheit.7943

I agree, throw gunk is just like last refuge, sometimes useful, but more often it ends up breaking stealth pattern and gives you reveal debuff.

I don’t understand how you guys are randomly breaking stealth with throw gunk.

It only breaks stealth if you use it when stealthed (same as any possible attack you use while stealthed), you save it for the next rotation, while waiting for revealed to go you throw it, then CnD and combo through it. The pulsing doesn’t break stealth (like choking gas and caltrops pulsing). If you just can’t wait to push f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1 then it’s not the item’s fault. Last Refuge is umpredictable chaotical garbage that can kill you, Throw Gunk gives tactical advantages and only breaks stealth if you (intentionally) use it, like if you hit CnD a second time for example, if you break stealth because you kept attacking it’s your fault, not the skill.

I admit that during the first days many times I used it while stealthed, but it’s just learning that you use it before CnD and that’s all.

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

I agree i dont really like it as much as the all the others (god i love the ecto from mesmer or the daze from the guardian) because i run double S/D so no combo finishers but it’s not bad either.

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Gwalchgwn.1659

I actually didn’t know gunk doesn’t reveal after the initial throw … Then again, I don’t really stealth myself a lot so I didn’t get much chance to notice.

Ring of Fire

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: Nex.2450

Nex.2450

It only breaks stealth if you use it when stealthed (same as any possible attack you use while stealthed), you save it for the next rotation, while waiting for revealed to go you throw it, then CnD and combo through it. The pulsing doesn’t break stealth (like choking gas and caltrops pulsing). If you just can’t wait to push f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1 then it’s not the item’s fault. Last Refuge is umpredictable chaotical garbage that can kill you, Throw Gunk gives tactical advantages and only breaks stealth if you (intentionally) use it, like if you hit CnD a second time for example, if you break stealth because you kept attacking it’s your fault, not the skill.

I admit that during the first days many times I used it while stealthed, but it’s just learning that you use it before CnD and that’s all.

Throw gunk does reveal you for each pulse, as it applies a condition and direct damage to enemies standing on it. It seems a lot of people who are posting about this skill, whether for or against, are uneducated in the full effects of it.

PS – I like this skill, not everyone plays a GC thief.

Dante Auditore – Maguuma
[SWäG] – Still Winning and Grinning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NCfDCOPGnc

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

It’s great for what it can do, but sometimes you have to be smart about when you use it.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: Rissou.7213

Rissou.7213

Yes each pulse counts as direct damage, which reveals you.

I steal + stealth on the engineer, then I want to do it again, but I have gunk on the hotbar, so I have to throw it on the ground and someone might step on it and reveal me. Its quite bothersome during a fight having gunk when you yourself rely on stealth and people are running after you and you want to steal + stealth again.

So yeah, I know exactly what it does, and I usually have to run away to throw it in a safe spot to not have some random person, summon, clone or pet step in it.

Thief.

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

This is the big sign that says “I don’t know anything about Guild Wars 2”

RIP in peace Robert

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

Throw Gunk + Immobilize = Good Times

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Marduh.4603

This is the big sign that says “I don’t know anything about Guild Wars 2”

Said PvE rabbit:/
Opinion fighters with scripts not interested.

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: Crimes.5317

Crimes.5317

S/D combo: throw gunk>inf strike= good times

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Marduh.4603

and 1 sec immobilize – 1 tick Throw Gunk – 600-700 damage.
Compared with other Stolen Skills Throw Gunk useless garbage.

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: Crimes.5317

Crimes.5317

and 1 sec immobilize – 1 tick Throw Gunk – 600-700 damage.
Compared with other Stolen Skills Throw Gunk useless garbage.

You can get 2 or 3 ticks from that combo since you throw it before the IS. 2 or 3 conditions + 1.2k-1.8k. AOE damage (or more from condis) is not useless garbage. Sure it’s not the best stolen item but it has its uses, especially in team fights.

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

i like this for unload and HS …especially more so in PVE….. the only really useful one is the stun and the stealth….but even so …only the stun reall stacks up with stregthn of other classes F mechanics

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: Aegael.6938

Aegael.6938

Engineer would be the only profession to put a pile of junk in his pocket just to troll people who try to steal from him.

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Throw gunk is one of my favorites. And to those breaking stealth with it. Try throwing it WITHOUT someone targeted, and actually use some thought on it’s placement. Then maybe you might learn it’s usefulness.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Steal/Throw Gunk.

in Thief

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

This^ times a million!