Steal cooldowns...cloak and dagger help????

in Thief

Posted by: asterix.9614

asterix.9614

I am new to thief and have started to use the condi build, steal seems to be a very useful skill for burst, however I am extremely confused on how steal cooldown works. I have been to http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Steal but I still do not get how steal cooldown is calculated or reduced if I invest fully (6 points) in the “trickery” trait line. I have done the math properly (I think) but I still don’t get how the trait line effects steal cooldown, right now the recharge for steal for me with 6 points in “trickery” is 27 seconds, is this right??? because I have seen discussions on the forum where steal recharge is 21 seconds….. Also how can I reduce cooldown of cloak and dagger.

Any help would be extremely helpful, thank you, a very confused “thief”………

I am playing that game where the floor is made out of lava, imma stuck in bed

(edited by asterix.9614)

in Thief

Posted by: realhunter.7186

realhunter.7186

sleight of hand trait for further reduction.

in Thief

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Reduce cooldown on cloak and dagger? It has no cooldown. The reveal debuff is why you cant spam cloak and dagger and remain invis and there is no way to get around that. If you time your cloakndagger right you can stay perma invis by hitting the enemy with dagger5 right after the debuff is gone.

in Thief

Posted by: asterix.9614

asterix.9614

Oh srry I meant cloak and dagger initiative use, so less initiative is needed for it to be used, because when the move misses too much initiative is lost.

I am playing that game where the floor is made out of lava, imma stuck in bed

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

make sure you hit then ;-)

practice makes perfect.

You can’t lower the initiative on the cloak and dagger skill it self, but you have ways to regenerate initiative faster and have more initiative at your disposal tho.

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Oh srry I meant cloak and dagger initiative use, so less initiative is needed for it to be used, because when the move misses too much initiative is lost.

Select the "infusion of shadow " trait in the shadow arts traitline, and you’re good to go.

It doesn’t make cloak and dagger cost less initiative, but it gives you +2 initiative everytime you enter stealth, which is just as good.