Steal nerf

Steal nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

I BET THEY’LL IGNORE US AND LET TIME SWIP THIS AWAY. I HATE YOU, PIERCED IDIOT.

Steal nerf

in Thief

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

15charsofescalation

Attachments:

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Steal nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Paulie.6215

Paulie.6215

It wasn’t a nerf.

Steal nerf

in Thief

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

It wasn’t a nerf.

Technically, no. It was a ‘bug fix.’ Yet, why did they suddenly fix it after three years? scratches head

Steal nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

I love how this thread is top thread in the thief subsection of every languages available in the forum xD
(Just check it out, French German and Spanish versions)

Steal nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

It wasn’t a nerf.

Technically, no. It was a ‘bug fix.’ Yet, why did they suddenly fix it after three years? scratches head

it wasn’t a bug fix either

if this is a bug fix then every single skill in game should require target

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Steal nerf

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

It wasn’t a nerf.

Except that it was.

It was a nerf.

Steal is now less versatile with no upside other than an extremely minor “ease of use” change.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

Steal nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Gallant Pigeon.5807

Gallant Pigeon.5807

Can we stop with the knee jerk reactions? It was a buff much more than a nerf, since you can’t put steal on CD from out of range. When was the last time you intentionally used steal in combat without a target?

Only trait I can think it really affects is stealth on steal, and very few ppl use that.

Steal nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

They aren’t merging steal complain threads so that means a staff member has never checked this subforum.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Steal nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

woahhh

easy on the explode.

theyre humans.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Steal nerf

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Can we stop with the knee jerk reactions? It was a buff much more than a nerf, since you can’t put steal on CD from out of range. When was the last time you intentionally used steal in combat without a target?

Only trait I can think it really affects is stealth on steal, and very few ppl use that.

If the only trait you can think it really affects is stealth on steal, you’re not really qualified to talk about it, or thief in general.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

Steal nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

When was the last time you intentionally used steal in combat without a target?

When was the last time you used anything else except 111111111111111111?

Steal nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Manen.7253

Manen.7253

The “Bug Fixed” should works like that: If you have a target and it out of range, give you that warning. If you don’t have a target, let us use it like it was.

That out of range then do nothing should only be helper for new player and skilled played should prevent that by his own skill(not by program limits you). but really bad for creative playing, now I cannot use some movement skill to make a long jump because it is “out of range”…………………. So It should be an option which can be turn off.

Steal nerf

in Thief

Paulie.6215

It’s much better like this. No more wasted CDs.

Steal nerf

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

If you’re wasting CDs with Steal, I think the problem is with you, not Steal.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Steal nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Hyde.6248

Hyde.6248

This^. I used steal for swiftness. I don’t think I’ve ever accidentally pressed steal and was then kittened because it when on CD.

Steal nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Kibbles.9813

Kibbles.9813

“It was a broken mechanic and I’m glad it’s fixed. I’ve lost so many matches over Thieves being able to Steal without a target, so this is a welcome change”, nobody from the PvP community commented in a recent interview.

Kynn Snagtooth [TCFM] – Tarnished Coast

Steal nerf

in Thief

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

The issue with this type of thinking is that if you apply this to too many skills across all classes in the game, you will eventually lower the skill ceiling of every class until the game becomes extremely dull.

Having different ways to use skills, such as steal, based on your traits and whether or not you drop a target, raises the skill ceiling and allows better players to take advantage of their skill, while giving new players, or players new to a class/concept, something to look forward to using with more practice.

All this change accomplishes, in my opinion, is lower the skill ceiling of a class that should have one of the highest skill ceilings in the game. Like others have said, if you’re a good thief you don’t waste your steal and miss targets out of range anyway, so all this does is help players that are new to thief, or just bad at thief, play with a small safeguard to their own lack of skill.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

Steal nerf

in Thief

Paulie.6215

This^. I used steal for swiftness. I don’t think I’ve ever accidentally pressed steal and was then kittened because it when on CD.

Never? Not a single time? Nah don’t believe you.

Steal nerf

in Thief

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

why isn’t this change in the patch notes????

[SA]