Steal no longer prioritizes stability

in Thief

Posted by: Velran.1052

Velran.1052

Title, Is this intended? Because whether it or isn’t, this is a YUGE nerf for any sort of pvp. (For those who didn’t know, you could previously steal to a target that had stability on it, have it always steal the stability then apply the daze)

Also how the kitten does condi cleanse prioritize really work (?) because I just cleansed my 3 vuln instead of my 10 bleeds with sword 2. Help.

in Thief

Posted by: Grimheart.2853

Grimheart.2853

Oh you poor oblivious soul.

I’m here with the news worse than you could imagine.

Steal does prioritise stab still.

The fun part is that it now steals only ONE STACK of stability. Fun, right? Right? RIGHT?!

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

It always only stole one stack… It’s been that way since stab got changed to stack lol. Redacted; I was wrong.
The only thing that didn’t steal one stack was Larcenous.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Bountiful theft removed whole stacks, granting you and allies a single boon from those removed stacks. Larcenous applied the full removed stack to yourself.

Both are completely different from priority.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

Unless that changed in a prior patch it didn’t remove the full set of stacks when stab changed.

in Thief

Posted by: Auke.8094

Auke.8094

Its probably a bug since patch notes didnt say anything about it, but it is a gamechanger.
Pls fix.

in Thief

Posted by: Neftex.7594

Neftex.7594

noticed this today too, needs fixing

in Thief

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

tbh the change should have happened. With the removal of all pulsing stability sources, steal always taking stab was insane. Basically meant that steal was a one-button counter to stability generation.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

tbh the change should have happened. With the removal of all pulsing stability sources, steal always taking stab was insane. Basically meant that steal was a one-button counter to stability generation.

The removal of most pulsing stability was for the purpose of things like Steal being able to counter it. Pretty sure the patch notes from that stab patch even mentioned it was to re-introduce counterplay to stability.

This is a huge nerf, as Steal was our way to confidently break things like rez’s, stomps, and get pivotal interrupts. If this bug is true, it needs to be fixed.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

inb4 they nerf BT so normal steal is kitten so deadeye makes more sense. I await all conspiracy theories

DeceiverX:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bountiful_Theft

“The target, however, WILL lose all stacks of that duration stacking boon, regardless of which specific stack your character receives.”

R I P

https://youtu.be/mfnCQAXQiP8

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

I’ll admit no problem I was wrong there but there was definitely a point where it didn’t grab the stack because I was going to use it given EA for a cleanse and it didn’t, so I still opted to Trickster.

Maybe just bugged at that point, so I’ll gladly admit being wrong tho.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Bummer. BT with swindlers equilibrium almost always put one more Steal in the chamber to block a stomp. That sort of happened as consequence of being in the way in WvW. That’s gotta kill some clutch plays in spvp were there’s more tight sequences. That kind of change is going to make both sides spend more and try to bake more passives into things.

Kash
NSP

in Thief

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

I did think that was odd that people were putting stab on as fast as I was taking it off lol. Didn’t expect this. Hopefully we see a quick fix.

Pancakes
Thief

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I can only wonder if this related to the other ongoing issue with stability and gliding.

in Thief

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I think Ive been getting “immune” popup a little too much when stealing. I hope Im wrong but if not I hope it gets fixed.

(edited by roamzero.9486)

in Thief

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

Actually this stabi remove bug is not new, warriors tend to be immune for steal, but a relog solves the problem for me

in Thief

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

The removal of most pulsing stability was for the purpose of things like Steal being able to counter it. Pretty sure the patch notes from that stab patch even mentioned it was to re-introduce counterplay to stability.

This is a huge nerf, as Steal was our way to confidently break things like rez’s, stomps, and get pivotal interrupts. If this bug is true, it needs to be fixed.

No the purpose of the removal of pulsing boons was to make boon hate skills worth taking. Prior to the removal of boon pulsing Necromancer was the only class that could even consider taken boon hate because of how pointless boon hate was with all the pulsing boons. Even Necromancers will all their boon corrupts could not keep up with the boon pulsing.

The removal of pulsing boons made boon hate sigils and utilities. worth taking on some builds, while also making the handful of boon hate available to certain classes more desirable.
However it also made thief’s deterministic stab rip absolutely bonkers since a thief can now completely deny stability to most classes and since stability sources have much longer cds than steal does.

And don’t tell me thieves needed more counterplay options, d/p thief can currently shutdown every class except guardian and scrapper with extreme ease.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Thief

Turk.5460

No the purpose of the removal of pulsing boons was to make boon hate skills worth taking. Prior to the removal of boon pulsing Necromancer was the only class that could even consider taken boon hate because of how pointless boon hate was with all the pulsing boons. Even Necromancers will all their boon corrupts could not keep up with the boon pulsing.

The removal of pulsing boons made boon hate sigils and utilities. worth taking on some builds, while also making the handful of boon hate available to certain classes more desirable.
However it also made thief’s deterministic stab rip absolutely bonkers since a thief can now completely deny stability to most classes and since stability sources have much longer cds than steal does.

And don’t tell me thieves needed more counterplay options, d/p thief can currently shutdown every class except guardian and scrapper with extreme ease.

And what is Bountiful Theft? Boon hate. Thanks for backing up my own statement?

Lol “extreme ease.” Ok, bud. Sure.
-Oh, just noticed almost all of your profession posts are in the necromancer forum or necromancer related. Makes sense now. D/P Thieves counter the metabattle necro builds. (If one is so inexperienced as to spam auto attacks and get interrupted 4 times in a row) I suggest you try playing Thief and show the rest of us how easy it is to take out the other 6 Professions with “extreme ease.”

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

(edited by Turk.5460)

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Actually this stabi remove bug is not new, warriors tend to be immune for steal, but a relog solves the problem for me

thats the trait “last stand” the daze CC will be immune because the trait procs before the cc, i dunno why though

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Last_Stand read the notes bit

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: Kaitori.8564

Kaitori.8564

this change messed up every thief matchup has lul, can’t rupt war zerker, can’t rupt necro shroud, can’t do anything

Irish Koffee
bst thef zibabwe nd argentina

in Thief

bluri.2653

Dont bother with Crinn, that guy is obviously not experienced whatsoever, anyway. I can understand some points where as taking stability gets negated by a skill, but so does corrupt boon or other means of “boonrip” except BT now of course. Even sigils will rip it revocation/annulment/mes shatters blabla you name it

The problem still stands if you have a skill with 8 stacks of stab theres no possible way anymore to counterplay it if we remove that boonrip removes the whole stack. So now you got another issue where stability has no counterplay anymore which is dumb, theres no middleground here its either you rip it or you don’t. A solution would be to make stability have very few stacks like 1-2 stacks depending on the skill so you can interrupt it and then get rid of it.

Also by furthering trying it out it seems like BT completely lost the removal of stab so surely it must be a bug. Tried it with an ele again who ran armor of earth only and pops stab and i rip prot only and 1 stability stack gets removed (from sleight of hand) so in theory BT+Sleight should be removing 2 stacks no?

(edited by bluri.2653)

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

I’ll try to do some tests on Rending Shade and see how that plays with boons now.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in Thief

Posted by: Velran.1052

Velran.1052

Thanks for all the feedback. Would appreciate if you could bump this thread continue leaving your wonderful feedback until a dev finally answers this, Because I rarely go on the forums…

in Thief

roamzero.9486

Thanks for all the feedback. Would appreciate if you could bump this thread continue leaving your wonderful feedback until a dev finally answers this, Because I rarely go on the forums…

If this is intended at the very least the devs should update the patch notes to reflect it.

in Thief

bluri.2653

If this is intended at the very least the devs should update the patch notes to reflect it.

It can’t be intended, because currently BT does not remove stability as a boon at all. As i previously mentioned it only removes 1 stack but that is because of sleight of hand. And I have a very very hard time believing that BT would remove all boons in the game except stability.

in Thief

Turk.5460

Can any of you video-making types make a quick video showing this bug in action? Then we can all submit it as a bug.

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

roamzero.9486

Can any of you video-making types make a quick video showing this bug in action? Then we can all submit it as a bug.

Looks like its fixed according to the latest patch notes.

in Thief

Posted by: Skada.1362

Skada.1362

“Fixed” now thieves are back to being extra super silly again.

I am Derpocalypse. WvW is all I care about. Currently on Piken Square EU.

in Thief

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

thats the trait “last stand” the daze CC will be immune because the trait procs before the cc, i dunno why though

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Last_Stand read the notes bit

:D I was reloggin for nothing for all these days im crying

in Thief

bluri.2653

I already reported it as soon as I saw it with this video: https://youtu.be/mfnCQAXQiP8

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

Still bugged? They ninja-fixed bountiful theft and posted it at the newest patch update thread:

Thief
Bountiful Theft: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from stealing stability.

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

bluri.2653

Still bugged? They ninja-fixed bountiful theft and posted it at the newest patch update thread:

Thief
Bountiful Theft: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from stealing stability.

Nah its fixed now