Stealthy Burst/Condi Build Critique

in Thief

Posted by: shocking.3269

shocking.3269

So I’m level 70 on my Thief at the moment and I’m looking for some help on my prospective 80 Build.

I’m looking at primarily WvW roaming and I want to try and have a Stealthy Burst/Condi Build. I have put the following build together and was wondering if you guys here could give me some contructive critiquing on it, please.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/thief/?7.0|8.1g.hg.8.1g.hg.0.0.0|5.1g.hg.0.0.0|1p.b14.1p.b14.1p.b14.1p.b14.1p.9l.1p.9l.0.0.0.0.0.0|1p.9b.1p.9b.1p.9b.1p.9b.1p.9b.cq.9b|k39.u13c.k18.0.0|3n.d|57.5a.5h.5b.5v|e

Looking forward to your advice.
Thanks.

Savajj Blayde Lvl 80 Thief
Hrafn Skaarsgard Lvl 80 Healadin Guard
Beastgate – 2vs1? Who cares! We are just here for the fight! ;)

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Conditions and physical burst simply dontt work together on thief. Chose one.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: shocking.3269

shocking.3269

Okay. Then why are my dagger traits in the "condition"line and not my "Crit"trait line?

Personally I prefer physical burst, so I’ll probably plum for that.

How then can I adapt the above build to do that?

Savajj Blayde Lvl 80 Thief
Hrafn Skaarsgard Lvl 80 Healadin Guard
Beastgate – 2vs1? Who cares! We are just here for the fight! ;)

in Thief

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Okay. Then why are my dagger traits in the "condition"line and not my "Crit"trait line?

Personally I prefer physical burst, so I’ll probably plum for that.

How then can I adapt the above build to do that?

Because it doesn’t matter. The stat bonus is nice but truth is stats are pretty much jumbled into lines that don’t use them. That being said that build probably wont work.

Poison has weak damage and it a condition mostly used to cover and reduce healing. It really isn’t something you invest in that heavily.

As said before you might as well invest in one or the other (power or condition). You have a decent amount of options. Generally speaking for stealth condi builds you would go P/D. You can roam well and there many options in build. If you truly want to roam you best option in general is the 0 30 30 10 0 D/P roamer. Easy stealth strong capability to keep on target and black powder will make soloing camps easy. You’ll have relatively strong burst and good defense. If you do not play it like a troll (solely focusing on 5 and 2 for stealth) and play it to kill players (timing your head shot and using shadow shot to pressure) you’ll likely find yourself a highly successful roamer.

In any case you have quite a few options. You do not have to play a cookie cutter build but before you invest in gear try a build out and see if your comfortable with the play style.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Thief

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

Yeah uh, condition and burst aren’t really in the same page. You either rely mostly on condition damage, or mostly burst damage.

Though 0/30/30/0/10 is probably the closest thing to a hybrid. 30 in Crit Strikes will still make your backstab hit ridiculously hard while having some traits to make P/D do enough damage. 10 in Trickery gives you some versatility to deal more damage with caltrops upon dodge or gain fury for backstab/HS. You will probably be running P/D and D/P with this setup.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

in Thief

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Go into trait lines for the traits, not the stat bonuses, unless you’re really hard up to get more boon duration or condition duration.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast