[Suggestion] Daggerstorm

[Suggestion] Daggerstorm

in Thief

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

Can you guys reduce the CD of Daggerstorm by like… half?

Reasoning: Basilisk Venom is regularly the superior choice in a lot of scenarios, it has support, strong 1v1 potential and a great bar breaker. And it has a 40 CD untraited.
Meanwhile, Daggerstorm used to have this “free CC immunity and escape AoE button for 8 secs” effect but that’s been reduced to half, reducing one of it’s great uses which was surviving and moving away/reflecting projectiles.
So it’s only fair we get to use it twice as much right? The damage is AoE and not really worth it on 1v1s, it’s a good and strong (and relatively safe) AoE which Thief really lacks.

And lastly but not least, because it’s freaking cool to spin throwing daggers and I’d like to spam it whenever it’s off CD.

[Suggestion] Daggerstorm

in Thief

Posted by: Imperadordf.2687

Imperadordf.2687

Dagger Storm is almost useless in PvP or WvW anyways… I really just use that skill while I’m low to gain health with Signet of Malice. That skill doesn’t do much damage – max 4K with critics… That skill needs some, uhh, damage not CD obviously.

Livia – Ring Of Fire

[Suggestion] Daggerstorm

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

Dagger Storm is almost useless in PvP or WvW anyways… I really just use that skill while I’m low to gain health with Signet of Malice. That skill doesn’t do much damage – max 4K with critics… That skill needs some, uhh, damage not CD obviously.

The only self stab application that allow you to bypass CC birds while gliding in enemy territory, that’s the real use :p

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

[Suggestion] Daggerstorm

in Thief

Posted by: nopoet.2960

nopoet.2960

Can you guys reduce the CD of Daggerstorm by like… half?

Reasoning: Basilisk Venom is regularly the superior choice in a lot of scenarios, it has support, strong 1v1 potential and a great bar breaker. And it has a 40 CD untraited.
Meanwhile, Daggerstorm used to have this “free CC immunity and escape AoE button for 8 secs” effect but that’s been reduced to half, reducing one of it’s great uses which was surviving and moving away/reflecting projectiles.
So it’s only fair we get to use it twice as much right? The damage is AoE and not really worth it on 1v1s, it’s a good and strong (and relatively safe) AoE which Thief really lacks.

And lastly but not least, because it’s freaking cool to spin throwing daggers and I’d like to spam it whenever it’s off CD.

We need to increase the cd on Basilisk Venom! – Some Dev

[Suggestion] Daggerstorm

in Thief

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Read up on the skill boy-oh.

Dagger storm benefits heavily when fighting multiple people. Or you are standing directly on top of someone.

The skill does not throw daggers out randomly. The ones flying off into oblivion are just visual effects. It tries to attack as many people as possible, with the number of direct hits a single player can be hit by being 8 daggers. The number of daggers a player will be hit by is inversely related to how far they are standing away. Meaning the closer you are, the more you hit them.

The skill has also been changed for the path of fire update. The duration has been reduced to four seconds, but it throws out twice as many daggers. So you don’t get as long of a reflect, but you push out more damage.

The stability you get from it lasts longer than the duration of the dagger storm.

And next… the skill gets a CDR from the trickery line.

(edited by Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497)

[Suggestion] Daggerstorm

in Thief

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

Read up on the skill boy-oh.

Dagger storm benefits heavily when fighting multiple people. Or you are standing directly on top of someone.

The skill does not throw daggers out randomly. The ones flying off into oblivion are just visual effects. It tries to attack as many people as possible, with the number of direct hits a single player can be hit by being 8 daggers. The number of daggers a player will be hit by is inversely related to how far they are standing away. Meaning the closer you are, the more you hit them.

The skill has also been changed for the path of fire update. The duration has been reduced to four seconds, but it throws out twice as many daggers. So you don’t get as long of a reflect, but you push out more damage.

The stability you get from it lasts longer than the duration of the dagger storm.

And next… the skill gets a CDR from the trickery line.

I was always unsure if my assumption was correct, but this valiant effort to defend dagger storm has now proved to me, without a shadow of a doubt, that you’re a troll.