[Suggestion] Shadow step on auto attack

in Thief

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

So the thief is supposed to be this master of traveling through the mists, yet i feel the class is not exhibiting enough of that, well, not enough short duration short distance ones.

What i’m suggesting is either a baseline effect or a shadow/deadly arts master major trait, that shadowsteps you a small distance (like 100~150 units) when you auto attack your target while in combat under the condition that your last melee attack hits, so the description of such a trait would look like this:

“Landing a hit with your melee attacks causes your next melee auto attack to shadow step you a small distance to your target (combat only)”

While this will look cool as heck it will also help chasing down those pesky eles and mesmers, but at the same time not rendering their escape mechanisms useless, and will also make sticking to your target easier.

A potential drawback could be “you are revealed every time you shadowstep”, or it can have 1-2 second cooldown, just to balance out things a bit.

(edited by RapidSausage.4620)

in Thief

Posted by: damnwidget.9301

damnwidget.9301

Not sure if this is a troll post…

[SoW] Sông Of War – Baruch Bay

in Thief

RapidSausage.4620

Nop, serious post

You aren’t required to like my suggestion

in Thief

Posted by: YOUNGaz.5690

YOUNGaz.5690

o god i can just imagine the sound of this gameplay now. WaooshWaooshWaooshWaooshWaooshWaooshWaooshWaooshWaoosh

naw but seriously, i think swiftness would just work better

in Thief

RapidSausage.4620

o god i can just imagine the sound of this gameplay now. WaooshWaooshWaooshWaooshWaooshWaooshWaooshWaooshWaoosh

naw but seriously, i think swiftness would just work better

It can have a dimmer or different sound effect, but in general, if you want to play thief it’s a prerequisite to have a high tolerance for “wooshing” sounds to begin with.

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Hmm no thx. Oh and “you are revealed every time you shadowstep” – did you really think this through ?. New term boys and girls – “perma reveal” .

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

that would make a lot of gap closers useless and anet would have to redesign entire weapon sets, not to mention revealed issues
i don’t see it happening nor why it should on first place

what thief needs is atm bit better surivival, some buffing to weapon sets besides dp and few nerfs to other classes

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

We have plenty of ways to stay on target, nty. What we don’t have are strong ways to stay alive while chasing said target. cough condition removal cough viable non-stealth sustain cough

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

So the thief is supposed to be this master of traveling through the mists

Pretty sure that’s the Revenant. Like the name suggest, the Thief is supposed to be the master of stealing. That’s it.

Come on man. I just read shadowstep on Cloak & Dagger, now this suggestion is Shadowstep on AA with 1 to 2 second reveal… ?

Not only it’s pretty ridiculous but it won’t even make the thief any more fun, or viable.
We need a lot of fixing or moderate suggestions. this is plainly outrageous and even if it was implemented, other professions will complain so much, we ll get hit by a harder nerf.

Just no. We have plenty of gap closers, make sure you use them efficiently. we steal. we don’t travel through the mist. that never happened.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

RapidSausage.4620

Pretty sure that’s the Revenant. Like the name suggest, the Thief is supposed to be the master of stealing. That’s it.

Come on man. I just read shadowstep on Cloak & Dagger, now this suggestion is Shadowstep on AA with 1 to 2 second reveal… ?

Not only it’s pretty ridiculous but it won’t even make the thief any more fun, or viable.
We need a lot of fixing or moderate suggestions. this is plainly outrageous and even if it was implemented, other professions will complain so much, we ll get hit by a harder nerf.

Just no. We have plenty of gap closers, make sure you use them efficiently. we steal. we don’t travel through the mist. that never happened.

Shadowstepping IS traveling through the mists.

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

OP does realize that d/p has a skill called shadow shot right that does exactly what you are talking about…

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

Shadowstepping IS traveling through the mists.

Says who?

Last time I checked "Shadowstep"is a term used in a lot of video games and it’s just another term for teleportation. It just happens to fit the secretive and cunning playstyle of the thief.

Stepping through the shadows, literally.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa