Superior Rune of the Daredevil CD?

in Thief

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Q:

Does anyone know if the (6) bonus has an ICD?

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

A:

No it has not. I use it in WvW. There’s a icon showing that every time you dodge, you get the 100% crit chance on your next attack (within 6 seconds I think).
You don’t even need to evade an attack for it to get the 100% crit chance.

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Great! Thanks for the info.

in Thief

Posted by: GinghamLion.3614

GinghamLion.3614

How are people liking these runes? They seem to be really great, and I’m thinking about replacing my runes of the pack with them, since I hardly need the swiftness duration with Dash. I use valk armor so the guaranteed crit can be wonderful.

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

How are people liking these runes? They seem to be really great, and I’m thinking about replacing my runes of the pack with them, since I hardly need the swiftness duration with Dash. I use valk armor so the guaranteed crit can be wonderful.

Well, I also changed out my pack runes with these, as it’s great to have some more thoughness and the crit is nice. I traited for TotC instead, and as you said with dash one does not need the swiftness proc and duration from pack. I’ve got mostly berserker armor, but think I’m gonna change to valk my self since no moar guard stacks kinda hurt

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: Nivik.2961

Nivik.2961

I just switched out My pack runes for the DD runes. I’m loving it. My reasoning was similar (decreased need for swiftness). I’m def noticing the toughness which is amazing and the precision percentage loss was only 7 percent. The fact that I can guarantee what skill will crit after my dodge roll makes vault even more ridiculous. DD is a kittening beast. I’m running assassin signet, precision signet, and the interrupt daggers for break bars, as well as the DD elite. I can’t quite break bosses alone like I can with my rev staff 5 but it’s pretty close.

in Thief

Posted by: VladR.9827

VladR.9827

I am using these runes too, wvw mainly : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAWVn0MBlOhFOBGmCkmiFkiyLHuhegrBCgFYO+n/+H-TVCEABvpLYR1fY4CAs0+DNp8DQlgtpBBgDhwDPBgAAIA38mZzbG28mP6RP6RP6R7m38oH9m3sUAVpzC-w
Still in the testing phase though (builder is not updated yet so I used brawler runes instead as these are closest to daredevils stat-wise)

It is really nice to have nice dmg with 19+k hp and 100% crit on demand or 50%+ with fury .

(edited by VladR.9827)

in Thief

Posted by: Hitsuke.5304

Hitsuke.5304

They are simply a must for D/D builds now imho. You can now go back to the days of gearing less precision for extra tough/vit without needing to use Hidden Killer… D/D Thieves can now choose between Invigorating precision or No Quarter for bigger backstabs than they were getting before. Or they can even scrap the entire Crit Strikes line completely without sacrificing that 100% crit chance backstab.

Personally I’m running scrapper runes on my Staff/SD Thief. Scrapper runes + Unhindered Combatant Damage reduc + Weakening strikes/Weakening Charge and toughness from a few gear pieces mean I’m taking a LOT less damage. They’re nice!

I don’t think a lot of people have got onto how much DD runes have changed the landscape for thieves yet… Especially builds based around backstab.

in Thief

Posted by: VladR.9827

VladR.9827

It is still hard to get used to new mechanics after almost 2 years playing d/d or d/p sb.
The mobility now is a bit different too and lack of stealth on demand is also awkward
As i use sb instead of d/p or d/d on swap the backstab is gone too
but well now in team fights i can get 5 vaults of 5-6k
dmg to 5 targets within few seconds and still get away so not that bad
will try to get some footage soon maybe