Swansong for a thief

Swansong for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: Davus Cassellan.7941

Davus Cassellan.7941

Basically with the addition of this new stealth revealing trap, thief as a class is no longer a viable option in wvw.

Swansong for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

was actually what I listened to, especially for the chorus, but THATS NOT VIABLE ANYMORE because they see me coming now….

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Swansong for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: Nyctimus.4109

Nyctimus.4109

Basically with the addition of this new stealth revealing trap, thief as a class is no longer a viable option in wvw.

;~; Not only does the thief nerf make me cry, but this song brings back bad memories.

kitten you, Arenanet. Stop picking on us you big bullies. You’ve 100% killed WvW for most thieves, and those that do play are not inclined to participate in groups but roam instead.

You kittening amateurs.

Swansong for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Maybe Anet should play thieves to test how the new trap affected WvW class balance.

Swansong for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Just look at this new WvWvW footage and you will understand thieves just got more power in WvWvW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv4P-kTBzE0

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Swansong for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

More reason to nerf stealth. People will complain after seeing that and we might see more nerfs towards the thief, mainly stealth.

People want an easy mode but watching that is just freaking hilarious. lol

(edited by Zacchary.6183)

Swansong for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Swansong for a thief

in Thief

Nyctimus.4109

Over and over again.

And only adapt to the fewer and fewer choices we have left. In 3 months I bet you every thief has been forced into a bunker/condition build.

2 months later after massive QQ from people “they have so many bleeeeeeeds”, the thief class is deleted and all characters converted to warriors.

Swansong for a thief

in Thief

ProxyDamage.9826

Over and over again.

And only adapt to the fewer and fewer choices we have left. In 3 months I bet you every thief has been forced into a bunker/condition build.

2 months later after massive QQ from people “they have so many bleeeeeeeds”, the thief class is deleted and all characters converted to warriors.

Seeing as I have a thief (changes between S/D and D/P, always with Shortbow) and am quite happy with his performance… I maintain my point.

Swansong for a thief

in Thief

Nyctimus.4109

Over and over again.

Seeing as I have a thief (changes between S/D and D/P, always with Shortbow) and am quite happy with his performance… I maintain my point.

The “I have a thief” argument is null and void when I can have a bunker build and laugh all the way to the bank vs spike builds.

But I do run a spike build, because it is fun. I can escape sometimes, but when I screw up, it’s a definite death sentence.

Outside of all the thief nerf problems and kittening our class up, this recent change makes me not want to play with people. I DON’T WANT to be near ANYBODY, when all it takes is for an ally to step on a trap and I am kittened for 30 seconds. They’re absolutely fine, but it says to me: you want a chance of surviving, don’t play near teammates. Which saddens me, because I love chatting with small groups of people while capturing small points and helping cover people with my thief. If I land a backstab on someone harassing a teammate, they aren’t harassed for much longer because people seem to have this innate rabid dog syndrome, where they see a thief they go for it and nothing else.

GG Anet, I can see why NCSoft are constantly trying to reign you in.

Swansong for a thief

in Thief

ProxyDamage.9826

The “I have a thief” argument is null and void when I can have a bunker build and laugh all the way to the bank vs spike builds.

But I do run a spike build, because it is fun. I can escape sometimes, but when I screw up, it’s a definite death sentence.

Ahah… “All the way to the bank”. Tell me, which bunker build of yours is gonna catch a thief? With the possible exception of elementalist. See, the difference is that as a Thief, I can choose who to engage and when, and stand a good chance of downing them. And if I don’t, I can always turn around and kitten off… Even on my stealth build without stealth. 180º > Shadowstep (or shadow return in case I used it to go in) > Shortbow > Infiltrator’s arrow and swiftness ad nauseam. That’s even before I throw down some stealth, assuming I was revealed. Goodluck catching me.

If I’m on my sword build it’s even easier. (Shadow return, if I have one down) > Withdraw > Roll for Initiative > 180º > Shortbow > Infiltrator’s arrow and Swiftness away with nearly infinite initiative. See ya. But to be honest it’s not like this particular build cares about losing stealth at all…

But I do love how people overreact. As if these traps cost one copper, and every single pixel of every WvW map will be covered by them. You’ll find them once in a while. At which point you take the kittening hint and move away till they wear out or others leave, so you can trigger them when no one can use them. Or you bait people away from them. In general, you think for a second instead of just charging head in without a thought or care in the world.

Good god, thieves in WvW got so used to having so many braindead “get out of jail free cards” that they panic when one of them is made situationally less reliable… Oh I’m so sorry, you only have the highest spike damage, evasion and mobility in the game. My heart bleeds for you.

Swansong for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

“get out of jail free cards”

Hahaha, I just laughed at the thought that THEIVES have “GET OUT OF JAIL FREE” cards. Thematically, this was funny for me. Maybe they learned all of them from all the times they got caught and sent to the slammer for the thieving ways.

Anyway, I agree they still have tons of escapes beyond stealth (get out of jail free).

Swansong for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Outside of all the thief nerf problems and kittening our class up, this recent change makes me not want to play with people. I DON’T WANT to be near ANYBODY, when all it takes is for an ally to step on a trap and I am kittened for 30 seconds. They’re absolutely fine, but it says to me: you want a chance of surviving, don’t play near teammates. Which saddens me, because I love chatting with small groups of people while capturing small points and helping cover people with my thief. If I land a backstab on someone harassing a teammate, they aren’t harassed for much longer because people seem to have this innate rabid dog syndrome, where they see a thief they go for it and nothing else.

There are just as many tanking builds for thieves that work just as well, if not better than many bunker builds.

Also, learn to use evades, blinds, and mobility. My current build runs virtually no stealth whatsoever.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Swansong for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: cufta.7309

cufta.7309

There are just as many tanking builds for thieves that work just as well, if not better than many bunker builds.

Also, learn to use evades, blinds, and mobility. My current build runs virtually no stealth whatsoever.

Ok.And what if i don’t want to change the build that am using….whatsoever.The one that’s uses stealth instead….whatsoever?And if i don’t want to use evades,mobility….whatsoever?Am i doomed then?
Whatsoever….Oh whait there is one more thing.What if i am to kitten to live without stealth?whatsoever

Edit: I did not know they change words with kitten on this forum haha….its anoying its realy anoying i would rather have ****** or —-—- instead kitten.I mean come on its the word that you see all over these forums.Its sooo kitten repetitive

(edited by cufta.7309)

Swansong for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

Just look at this new WvWvW footage and you will understand thieves just got more power in WvWvW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv4P-kTBzE0

Anet ftw, with this next patch we have decided to promote the new tactic “Trolling” in wvw.

Swansong for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Ok.And what if i don’t want to change the build that am using….whatsoever.The one that’s uses stealth instead….whatsoever?And if i don’t want to use evades,mobility….whatsoever?Am i doomed then?
Whatsoever….Oh whait there is one more thing.What if i am to kitten to live without stealth?whatsoever

Edit: I did not know they change words with kitten on this forum haha….its anoying its realy anoying i would rather have ****** or —-—- instead kitten.I mean come on its the word that you see all over these forums.Its sooo kitten repetitive

Well, your desires are your problem. adapt or die, I suppose.

Also, I love how they replace words with kitten. It means that we can have kittening kitten statements like this kitten that kitten with everybody’s kittening brain. And kittens are kittening cute.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Swansong for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: Elmuerto.9840

Elmuerto.9840

Its a trap!

Attachments:

Swansong for a thief

in Thief

Posted by: Ruggan.4102

Ruggan.4102

Ahah… “All the way to the bank”. Tell me, which bunker build of yours is gonna catch a thief? With the possible exception of elementalist. See, the difference is that as a Thief, I can choose who to engage and when, and stand a good chance of downing them. And if I don’t, I can always turn around and kitten off… Even on my stealth build without stealth. 180º > Shadowstep (or shadow return in case I used it to go in) > Shortbow > Infiltrator’s arrow and swiftness ad nauseam. That’s even before I throw down some stealth, assuming I was revealed. Goodluck catching me.

If I’m on my sword build it’s even easier. (Shadow return, if I have one down) > Withdraw > Roll for Initiative > 180º > Shortbow > Infiltrator’s arrow and Swiftness away with nearly infinite initiative. See ya. But to be honest it’s not like this particular build cares about losing stealth at all…

But I do love how people overreact. As if these traps cost one copper, and every single pixel of every WvW map will be covered by them. You’ll find them once in a while. At which point you take the kittening hint and move away till they wear out or others leave, so you can trigger them when no one can use them. Or you bait people away from them. In general, you think for a second instead of just charging head in without a thought or care in the world.

Good god, thieves in WvW got so used to having so many braindead “get out of jail free cards” that they panic when one of them is made situationally less reliable… Oh I’m so sorry, you only have the highest spike damage, evasion and mobility in the game. My heart bleeds for you.

guess you really should listen to what devs say about spike dmg, evasion, and mobility… you might learn that no, in fact, the thief is not number 1 in any of these.