Switching from Thief to Dragon Hunter

in Thief

Posted by: IchigoHatake.5098

IchigoHatake.5098

I have been playing thief for years, but lately thieves have become a terrible class, weak dmg, no survivability. I decided to change to dragon hunter and see why they do so much dmg and able to have good survivability. I played some hot join and rekt everyone I faced, the trap heal ability can heal 8k on a 24 second cd and it also grants you regeneration retaliation and gives enemies dazed and blindness. it’s so rediculous I even manged to beat other people who played their classes for a long time just by spamming traps. I don’t know what my skills do, I didn’t care I just pressed whatever was off cool down. I had a lot of success during the 3 hours I played dh so I’m going to stop playing thief for a while and play some of these brain dead elite specs.

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Ha! Another 1 jumping the bandwagon for easy mode. Coward. Oh well this game is about…..is meant to be about having fun so if thief dosnt give you fun any more then fair enough. But still of all classes you go DH :-/

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

Right decision. This is a straight way to improve your contribution to your team success and progress.

in Thief

Posted by: Razi.6031

Razi.6031

Fat disgrace..

Calling him a coward… What you fail to realise from his post is that he is directly pointing out how brain dead the other classes r when all you have to do is hit 1 skill and ur invun for seconds or have blocks to like there’s no tomorrow.. When with thief after countless Nerf after Nerf.. We still have to rely on our twitch like gameplay to counter everything with little to no room for mistake… U failed to realise all the sarcasm in his post. I’m 100% sure if thief was in a good place he wouldn’t even touch other classes.. I still only play thief too. But I can see where he’s coming from

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

I read it and understood everything. He still ditched thief and re rolled to the ‘brain dead’ DH though.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: VladR.9827

VladR.9827

I still play thief as main in wvw , but as rarely as I play pve , yesterday tried revenant in the new Dragon Stand event and raid – the dmg i can deal with this class with full asc zerker gear is just sick – 95k from sword 3 on a event thorn champion boss (ofc full stacks might and vulner) and constant 30k from same skill sword 3 (and that evade …) on other targets + 7-9k auto attacks from sword 1 .. i know it is pve but …. i somehow feel sad as my main is still thief …. so i can somehow understand ItchigoHarate and his decision. Other classes in comparison to thief are just somehow brainless spam all skills and win …

(edited by VladR.9827)

in Thief

Posted by: Gramp.7482

Gramp.7482

Arent thief one of the highest, if not the highest single target dps? Whats with all the thief are weak threads lately?

Every class are qqing that their own class is weak. Just play what u freaking enjoy. Every class is weak every class needs a buff

in Thief

Posted by: moje.1863

moje.1863

Arent thief one of the highest, if not the highest single target dps? Whats with all the thief are weak threads lately?

Every class are qqing that their own class is weak. Just play what u freaking enjoy. Every class is weak every class needs a buff

you don’t play thief do you? what are you doing here, try to convince us that thief is in a optimal state? is it enjoyable being kitten on by every other class (except perhaps warriors) when you make one fault?

and no we do not have the highest single target damage.

in Thief

Posted by: Thorin.9624

Thorin.9624

And another post about DH lol if you really die to one you need to find a different game. I main thief and yes thief isn’t in the best of spots but DH are not difficult to take down if you don’t numbskull button mash into their traps. My god most dragon hunter players you can keep shut down with interrupts. I can tell more people are having to go into pvp to try to get their stuff for legendary crafting. Let the real thief problems be addressed and hope anet mods are smart enough not to listen to the 1 mashers. Dragon Hunters are good at killing bad players and can hold their own against some classes while getting destroyed by others. Thief has issues in its current state, but just because it does doesn’t mean we as a thief community need to stoop down to the please nerf everyone else level that most classes forums are. Btw thief main since release and sin main on original gw.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Yes… yes…

You’ve suffered 3 years due to poor balancing patches…

For the next 3 years, take advantage of the poor balancing patches and play the most god kitten OP class that’s currently OP.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: VladR.9827

VladR.9827

It isnt about fighting DH, it is about how other classes are brainlessly easy in comparison to thief. I do still main thief also since release and I dont even think of planning to switch. I dont have much problem with fighting other classes.

It is just sad how thief players thrill to survive fighting ppl with no experience smashing buttons off cooldowns ..

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

He chose being useful over struggling to be not a liability.

He’s playing the game right.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I’m still useful!
As a +1 and such nods

in Thief

Posted by: IchigoHatake.5098

IchigoHatake.5098

And another post about DH lol if you really die to one you need to find a different game. I main thief and yes thief isn’t in the best of spots but DH are not difficult to take down if you don’t numbskull button mash into their traps. My god most dragon hunter players you can keep shut down with interrupts. I can tell more people are having to go into pvp to try to get their stuff for legendary crafting. Let the real thief problems be addressed and hope anet mods are smart enough not to listen to the 1 mashers. Dragon Hunters are good at killing bad players and can hold their own against some classes while getting destroyed by others. Thief has issues in its current state, but just because it does doesn’t mean we as a thief community need to stoop down to the please nerf everyone else level that most classes forums are. Btw thief main since release and sin main on original gw.

I don’t know what kind of dh you have been facing, but the actual good ones don’t die to thieves. I played some pretty good thieves and they cant kill me at all. I bought hot thinking that thieves would be greatly improved, but I was really wrong, thieves problems are never going to be fixed, and dh will probably always be op, so I’m done playing with thieve’s active play style, time to go passive. The devs don’t know how to balance properly. From what you have posted, you sound more like a guardian main than thief, but I don’t care about that I’m joining the guardian army

(edited by IchigoHatake.5098)

in Thief

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

I got a Thief, Necromancer, Guardian and Revenant.

The thief was long time my favorite due to the mobility and freedom that the initiative system brings.
But never felt like they were “the high reward, high risk”-kinda profession. They are able to burst out high dmg in short time, but very easily shut down, though stealth is a powerful mechanism in this game.

Necromancer are my least favorite.. I like shroud and GS, and the high healthpool makes it easier to survive.. Though they feel kinda stiff.

Guardian was my first toon. And I love the group utility, the heavy armour and weapon skill. Though sometimes miss the lack of CD and mobility from thieves.. without doubt the slowest profession.
DH is funny, I love the enhanced virtues, eventhough they are not better than the originals in term of utility. The traps are cool to play around with, and funny to kill unskilled HS thieves with. Though not as OP as people claim, it is a L2P issue.

Revenant is the new kid in the school.. This is my favorite because it has everything. Fair mobility (no teleport though or dash beside staff), good survivability, good team utility and great dmg. The dmg might need to be downscaled a bit, but as the new kid it also got tons of bugs. So before they balance it they really need to fix the bugs.

Most of the complains I see on these forums, is L2P issues.. Like in fact I find mesmers to be OP, just got a very high skillcelling, that is why I never plays them, cause I am average at best… Mesmers are like the thievs counterpart for casters imo.
But I will agree to the thieves on this forums, they lack of something special. With the elite specializations everythings is so strong.. But thief still lack something.. I cannot put my finger on what, but as a starter 1200 range weapon would be great.

Tl:dr
Complains are L2P-issues, most professions are not that OP. But thieves lacks something that makes the, worth playing, other than great mobility.

Sorry for the spam

in Thief

Jana.6831

snip

Complains are L2P-issues, most professions are not that OP. But thieves lacks something that makes the, worth playing, other than great mobility.

Sorry for the spam

So you say thief was never high risk high reward because they were dead instantly and then call the thief complaints on this forum (with the very same topic since June/HoT (depending on the build)) a “L2P issue” – well ok then.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Now if only Guardian was faster and could Dash. Then again it seems impossible to kill all these bunker classes w/o speccing Bound so idk.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I don’t know what kind of dh you have been facing, but the actual good ones don’t die to thieves. I played some pretty good thieves and they cant kill me at all.

Agreed. Good or even decent ones are extremely deadly especially against melee. They are all over T1 right now because of how easy they are to play and their damage output. Sure some aren’t great and easy to beat but given a moderately decent one they are at the very least a handful. If you run into a DH trapper with a complimentary Chronomancer or Tempest kiss your rear goodbye.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Have you read about thief at launch and then ignored every patch covering them til this day?

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

snip

Sorry for the spam

So you say thief was never high risk high reward because they were dead instantly and then call the thief complaints on this forum (with the very same topic since June/HoT (depending on the build)) a “L2P issue” – well ok then.

Nope, I say most of the complains is a L2P issue, but that I feel that most thieves complains got some truth in them, rather than just crying.. Was I not clear enough? I might not have been clear enough cause I got lost in my long text.
Or maybe I misunderstand what you are saying.

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I like necro and been having fun on berserker burst warrior. Headbut build…

I really think thief sucks because it’s boring and nothing new was added… We got me spec evades and a staff. I don’t like staff I think it’s gay. It might be a good weapon but I think it’s lame. 2h sword would have been better and kept me interested.

It’s just, why play thief who has nothing new mechanic wise when I could be playing another class that has a ton of cool new stuff.

Just another noob thief…

(edited by swinsk.6410)

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

From a sheer numbers point of view, you’re way off the mark. That’s the unfortunate truth.

in Thief

Jana.6831

Nope, I say most of the complains is a L2P issue, but that I feel that most thieves complains got some truth in them, rather than just crying.. Was I not clear enough? I might not have been clear enough cause I got lost in my long text.
Or maybe I misunderstand what you are saying.

Not clear enough for me – maybe you were but I got you wrong

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

It’s just, why play thief who has nothing new mechanic wise when I could be playing another class that has a ton of cool new stuff.

-Objective thought-

This may be why devs aren’t buffing the class.

It genuinely needs help, but some people are just jealous of the other classes getting flashy upgrades . It would be irresponsible to buff a class’s damage output or sustain when the majority of complaints about it in truth stem from “Its less cool than X”.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I don’t know what kind of dh you have been facing, but the actual good ones don’t die to thieves.

That can’t be more wrong. I’m currently theorycrafting a D/D+P/P Poison Stacking build and I took it for a spin last night and downed 2 DH on a couple of unranked match.

It seems to me that you’re just building your Thief wrong.

The problem I’ve noticed on Thief’s power build is that there is no amulet that supports the build. Both Berserker and Marauder have stats that’s not the best fit for Thieves. The former has no vitality or toughness and the latter has too much precision. The stats distribution is out of whack.

The only solution is to build around condition damage. I theorycrafted a Bleed stacking build, but it’s not good enough. Then someone in this forum showed me the potential of poison damage, thus my current build.

But if you think an empty victory is worth abandoning the Thief profession, then I guess you picked the right profession to replace the Thief. In fact, any profession that has access to longbow and uses a longbow is a brain dead profession.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Kaliny.8265

Kaliny.8265

Couldn`t be more accurate, everyday when I play my thief someone whispers me and say ‘’Hey man could! you help us on this raid with your super nice dps? Also if you could carry me on spvp because thief is just so usefull to everything on this game!! Wish my shiro had this dmg!!’’

And I fell bad when this happen because I know it is all because my class is just better than anyone elses, I just spam vaults and HS while everyone dies because my class is just so much better.

Ps: No.

I’m not always rude and sarcastic… Sometimes i’m asleep.

in Thief

Posted by: Awaltir.5302

Awaltir.5302

Started to play revenant and I won 80% games with this because u can solo all objectives(svanir,lord .etc). It is terrible that with revenant I have same or even greater dmg with 21,5k hp while having many usefull utilities and buffs. There is no reason to play thief now,Other classes have better blind and stealth,daredevil is worse than pre nerf acro.

TL;DR thief is kill, reroll because they are afraid to buff class that people complained about.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Now if only Guardian was faster and could Dash…

Might happen for the next elite spec set… Who’s excited for it!?

I was really looking forward to warrior getting dagger for it’s first elite spec with either shadowsteps or stealth as the new utility skill types.

I highly doubt it. Though w/o busting your balls like nemsis did for his meta videos, there are no tools in game to check your dps.

Plus being the highest single target dps, doesn’t mean so much in any context….
Great you can dps… Can you also buff a party, can you hold a point? How well do you fair in long fights… Can you take on stuff yourself. Speaking about all game modes here…

So far, the most likely assumption is that thief is the most mobile – yet a way to prove that assumption. It would be kind of cool if there was a simple PvE adventure where people could race through an obstacle course, from there we could kind of see which classes top that ladder board.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

-Objective thought-

This may be why devs aren’t buffing the class.

It genuinely needs help, but some people are just jealous of the other classes getting flashy upgrades . It would be irresponsible to buff a class’s damage output or sustain when the majority of complaints about it in truth stem from “Its less cool than X”.

Daredevil should have been baseline to the class. It now feels more like a thief than an assassin… When game came out it should have been called assassin.

It’s more fun to play now as a brawler but our classes still has a lot of nerfs and missing mechanics to make it par with rest of gw2…

Thief doesn’t have a much anymore. Literally, every class does what thief does but better except spam evades…

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

Ha! Another 1 jumping the bandwagon for easy mode. Coward. Oh well this game is about…..is meant to be about having fun so if thief dosnt give you fun any more then fair enough. But still of all classes you go DH :-/

He is just playing the game how it is supposed to be played. The few of us that still play thief are doing it wrong.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in Thief

Jana.6831

He is just playing the game how it is supposed to be played. The few of us that still play thief are doing it wrong.

And even worse – I’m the only thief in wvw-the rest is daredevil.

in Thief

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

I kinda have to Daredevil to make my pistols work and not be garbage. However, I’d be so much better and more efficient if I JUST HAD A FRIGGIN BASELINE PREPAREDNESS. kitten. Salt aside, =(

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in Thief

Jana.6831

I’d be so much better and more efficient if…

Don’t get me started

in Thief

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

No, thief isn’t the highest DPS. Engineer and Ele are.

in Thief

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Man, if only the matches were scored on coverage and control instead of DPS.

Then Thief best-in-game mobility might be worth something.

Oh. Wait. Matches aren’t scored on DPS.

Weird.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Thief

Kolly.9872

Weird.

And also running from point to point for 10 mins continuosly is so fun and so much better than actually fight sometimes vs other players right? Fighting and killing someone is so boring, I prefer running and +1 cos that is the role Anet and thief haters decided for me.
I wonder if my role is +1 then other classes must have their skills locked when they are +1, cos ppl keep saying I am the +1, so I guess is not something everyone does, right? Right?

in Thief

Posted by: dkayl.6509

dkayl.6509

wow.. you dont play thief.. now thief has the lowest dps in the game..rev can do 70k90k at pve.. thief can only dream with that (not even with bkstab)
the damage the thief do now is just …well just say that anet destroy the thief class.. i already change my thief for a DH and a Reaper

in Thief

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

The best thing you can do is hunt down and convince the lead skill designer to play a new main. lol

in Thief

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

HAVING FUN AS THIEF? Are you on drugs? Only thieves left are masochists, Whats fun in getting obliterated vs anything? Whats fun in beeing constantly dead? Whats fun in losing game cuz u play thief instead of playing proper good class that requires less brain to work? Mained thief 3 years, leagues will start i will be scrapper. And im pretty sure i will destroy any thief in my way…

Weird.

HAHA THIEVES MOBILITY. LoL. I wanna see what mobility will give you with 3x dh in enemy team. i wish to see your reaction to something like this. “Oh oh its dh i have to run, oh oh another one i have to run” and when u start 1v1 any other class they will just TELEPORT BOMB YOU with traps into oblivion “Oh oh oh my mobility” LOL

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

(edited by Mefiq.7039)

in Thief

Posted by: lunaticdawn.1860

lunaticdawn.1860

I know that feel bro. I have both 80 Guardian and Thief (and Revenant), on HoT map Guardian with longbow just like easy mode, but Thief? Lose half of the health (I got 24xx armor and 16xxx HP) when open fight, lose another half after some root/stun. Thief just… no matter youre berserker build or mix with soldier/knight, Thief just sxxks.

in Thief

Kolly.9872

HAVING FUN AS THIEF? Are you on drugs? Only thieves left are masochists, Whats fun in getting obliterated vs anything? Whats fun in beeing constantly dead? Whats fun in losing game cuz u play thief instead of playing proper good class that requires less brain to work? Mained thief 3 years, leagues will start i will be scrapper. And im pretty sure i will destroy any thief in my way…

Weird.

HAHA THIEVES MOBILITY. LoL. I wanna see what mobility will give you with 3x dh in enemy team. i wish to see your reaction to something like this. “Oh oh its dh i have to run, oh oh another one i have to run” and when u start 1v1 any other class they will just TELEPORT BOMB YOU with traps into oblivion “Oh oh oh my mobility” LOL

You’re playing it wrong. You should stay “perma stealthed” and watch your team play 4v5 the whole match.

in Thief

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

Couldn`t be more accurate, everyday when I play my thief someone whispers me and say ‘’Hey man could! you help us on this raid with your super nice dps? Also if you could carry me on spvp because thief is just so usefull to everything on this game!! Wish my shiro had this dmg!!’’

And I fell bad when this happen because I know it is all because my class is just better than anyone elses, I just spam vaults and HS while everyone dies because my class is just so much better.

Ps: No.

Haha love the sarcasm!

in Thief

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

oh man when i read this title i laughed pretty hard.
LET THE THIEF TEAR HARVEST BEGIN

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE