TO: disapointed thiefs / Or SB using theifs.

in Thief

Posted by: wigs.9761

wigs.9761

So I was sad about the nerf. So I spent about 18+ hours trying to figure out a new build. And its quite a troll build, or so you might think.

SB: AR+SoM.
*The warrior and mesmer thought to themselves
“ohh its just some noob poison and bleed dmg, that Shortbow is weak lets go get this squishy its 2vs1”

THIEF: “lawlz , ill just keep conditioning them, and spaming disableing shot”
"omg, they are closing in but thier health is only about about 55-65%

Warrior/Mesmer: “We got him now hes soo dead, this squishy thief”… umm how come were not doing any dmg to him, hes not squishy.

THIEF: “Time for the d/d!”
“CnD all 3 mesmers, BS warrior in the face, autto attk um both”

WARRIOR/MESMER: “Duude dodge roll he is pwning us, why is our dmg so noob on a squishy thief?”

THIEF:“cute dodge roll, good job on wasting it, guess ill just HS, DB your faces off”
“does a lil dance on top of dead bodies with my squishy 3k armor thief… LOL”

what you got now ANET? make thief’s have a armor cap to 1.2k next patch? XD

Go ahead keep nerfing us, thief’s will always be the best. come at me!

in Thief

Posted by: Humble Crow.3207

Humble Crow.3207

BS warrior in the face

That seems rather contradictory…

On a related note, shortbow is great. I give it 3 months before it has a range of 600.

in Thief

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

Healing signet and adrenallin heals alone will completely outheal short bow damage. You will never get a warrior with a decent build to 60% useing a shortbow.
Not even in a million years,you can not slowly wear down warriors, their passive heals alone will screw you.

in Thief

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Agree with Bazzoong here, it’s hard enough to put a dent in them as P/D conditions, stacking 12+ bleeds…

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Thief

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

Grenth gave us Choking Gas for a reason, folks.

EDIT: by the way, I did something like this yesterday, but the Warrior countered by pulling out a rifle, so it escalated pretty quickly. I just switched back to S/P and fought him straight-up.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Agree with Bazzoong here, it’s hard enough to put a dent in them as P/D conditions, stacking 12+ bleeds…

L2P issue here. Why stack bleed against a Warrior when Poison does it very well. lol.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Healing signet and adrenallin heals alone will completely outheal short bow damage. You will never get a warrior with a decent build to 60% useing a shortbow.
Not even in a million years,you can not slowly wear down warriors, their passive heals alone will screw you.

lol @ healing signet and passive heal, it’s not as godly as you would think — otherwise ArenaNet wouldn’t need to nerf us just so Warriors can play.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Lamuness.3570

Lamuness.3570

LAWLZ AT YOU, THIEF’S ROLL WARRIORS ALL DAY ERRY DAY.

So I’m trying to L2P. Tell me how this works because I melt every time a warrior touches me. I’m running D/P 0/30/30/10/0. When they get low Endure + run the fk away, as well as immob usually pwning my face. Also, mesmers suck

in Thief

wigs.9761

LAWLZ AT YOU, THIEF’S ROLL WARRIORS ALL DAY ERRY DAY.

So I’m trying to L2P. Tell me how this works because I melt every time a warrior touches me. I’m running D/P 0/30/30/10/0. When they get low Endure + run the fk away, as well as immob usually pwning my face. Also, mesmers suck

Well i dont recommend running 0/30/30/10 if your using SoM and d/p.. d/p doesnt have ANY conditions which comes into play when your using SoM.

Are you a stealthy thief?

whats your weapon set(s)?

I am by far not an awesome thief, but i have tested numerous builds, and i know what works for me. Maybe i can send you in the right directiong. Im not the type of thief to be in stealth much. I like to gun it out head on, only stealth i really get is from blinding powder and CnD (cnd-which i rarely use).

Im currently testing with a full blind build atm.

in Thief

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

D/p counters wars pretty well. Especially overly aggressive ones. Just be close to them with a bp field under your feet. AA does the Rest. Perhaps Dodge a stun/ reflect bow atks. If he tries to Run, shadowshot. Press some bs in between. Easy

in Thief

Posted by: Dis Wiz Raps.7240

Dis Wiz Raps.7240

in Thief

wigs.9761

or your playing vs. you tube built thiefs?

jk, nice dmg doe XD

in Thief

Posted by: Dis Wiz Raps.7240

Dis Wiz Raps.7240

the dmg isn’t even the point of the build. i have three sources of passive regen rolling and 1v1 a thief can’t really do anything. It’s not like this is an uncommon build either.

That being said, i’m enjoying playing a thief atm

in Thief

wigs.9761

ohh ok. obviously you arnt built right, everytime i encounter a warrior 8/10 times

they are either running away or have uber regen and its a stalemate.

in Thief

Posted by: Lamuness.3570

Lamuness.3570

I’m running Hide in Shadows with D/P / SB. Fire / force and bloodlust. Are we talking sPvP or WvW? Either way, for sPvP, I’m running scholar’s and for WvW I can’t seem to do enough damage running valk / soldier. I don’t feel comfortable without Blinding Powder, so I guess I’m a stealthy thief?

Sitting in black powder shot only gets me killed because they step out of it, or I think hundred blades gets rid of that first tick of blind.

in Thief

Posted by: kekuso.5837

kekuso.5837

Most warriors in pvp nowadays are running with a ton of immobs, which you COULD break with shadowshot in this build, but the initiative cost is kitten high and you will be low because of disable shot spam. I can’t see how to beat a warrior without dps (direct or cond.), a reliable immob. break (like Withdraw, IR, or Shadow Strike), poison, and lots of blinds. They also have immunity to conditions, cc, and damage through their stances, which means squishy thieves NEED to run when those are activated…

I would like to see someone post a build that makes killing a tanky warrior easy, but I doubt it exists. The closest I’ve seen so far is that torment stacking/venom sharing build, but i’ve seen warriors just faceroll through their stances for stability, cond. immunity, and lyssa rune cleanse and its GG

(edited by kekuso.5837)

in Thief

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

L2P issue here. Why stack bleed against a Warrior when Poison does it very well. lol.

Like poison alone will kill him? L2 not assume I don’t apply poison. A bad warrior will cleanse often. You need at least 4-5 conditions to make your bleeds and poison do the damage you need, and then still you better pray they don’t run Lyssa.

As a thief who mains a warrior I have no problems with them, but a good warrior can outplay a P/D thief.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

i want anet to come out and say warrior is the teachers pet. cmon. compare their NEW HEAL and healing signet to our new heal and our SoM.

then tell me its not their pet?