Thank You Arena Net Devs for the reponses

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Just like the title says. Thank You Anet Devs for the feedback. I know it is hard to give us too much information, in fear of being mis-quoted. But thank you again for the input that you have given, and the light that you have shed on some of the major concerns we the Thief community have on the upcoming patch. Although there are some disagreements I too do have on the new game breaking Thief patch preview, I know you are doing this for the betterment of your game. I just hope we can stay in the loop, meaning, dev’s for every class. I know that was something you guys have been working on doing.

Keep up the good work !

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

i have to agree on this one, the dev presence lately especially by jon is very great !

in Thief

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Their responses have been inaccurate and a misrepresentation of the facts.

Bravo indeed. That’s …. better…. than…. no response?

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Their responses have been inaccurate and a misrepresentation of the facts.

Bravo indeed. That’s …. better…. than…. no response?

A response is a response. We’ve been left in the dark for too long. This is generally speaking. For all classes

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Ichishi.9613

Ichishi.9613

Response is great.
But the details they go into are, like pointed out, silly.

Every change has a goal.
Every goal must be specific, measurable and reachable.
They do well at pointing out the problems (though pointing out too few of them and ignoring much bigger ones).
They do well at explaining the reasons for each and every change (but they don’t give the reason itself, don’t show us the goal, the numbers).
They handle critique well (but at this point fail to remain constructive).

I guess I am just being greedy, but I would suppose that if you finally go out to the community, you’d better go all the way to be objective and (slightly overused words, hope that’s how those are in English) “politically correct”.
I mean, if you are here to deliver a message – deliver it, gather response and deliver it back.
If you are here to discuss things, show some understanding and/or agreeable knowledge on the subject.

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

The open communication is good for the players and the devs and will serve to benefit the game. This has been needed for a long time and I’m ecstatic that it’s finally happening.

in Thief

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

Agreed. The most successful games on the market are made by developers who, with a grain of salt, listen to their community of gamers. You guys made the game and may think you know whats best for it but in the end we’re the ones playing and there’s no game without us or our funding. Please continue with the feedback and discussions so we can all work towards having a fun, content rich, balanced game.

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

in Thief

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

Just like the title says. Thank You Anet Devs for the feedback. I know it is hard to give us too much information, in fear of being mis-quoted. But thank you again for the input that you have given, and the light that you have shed on some of the major concerns we the Thief community have on the upcoming patch. Although there are some disagreements I too do have on the new game breaking Thief patch preview, I know you are doing this for the betterment of your game. I just hope we can stay in the loop, meaning, dev’s for every class. I know that was something you guys have been working on doing.

Keep up the good work !

Did I miss what they said? I haven’t see anything but the post from Jon about the changes coming to our class. If he’s said anything else to that, please provide a link.