Thank you ANET for fixing shadow step

in Thief

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

I wasn’t sleeping properly.
I wasn’t believing it. When some guy posted that short bow was getting nerfed again.
Though that SB was going to be nerfed again, I even spent half of the few gold I have to make a S/D set. Spent a whole weak searching ways to make a viable thief build that don’t uses SB.

Then the patch came.

God, now you can spam Infiltrator arrow everywhere and you won’t waste Initiative unless you select finally select a valid spot.
Plus you don’t get “stuck” while warping anymore.

Can’t really get any better than that. Finally We can stop wasting shadow step or initiative warping in front of walls.

EDIT: There are some new SS spots. Now you don’t need to use the middle stair trick at the forest to get on the higher plataform at middle.
Warping from below to middle now got easier since you can just spam the button until it hits the mark.

(edited by SoulSin.5682)

in Thief

Posted by: Flexismon.6509

Flexismon.6509

SB was awesome to move around, just to be quick and dodge fast, too much of a nerf, should have made it to use more initiative instead.

in Thief

Posted by: Splatter Paw.7238

Splatter Paw.7238

Played today for a little a bit scared, but I’m actually loving the changes so far, have not had a chance to toy with stability yet though. But not one hiccup in my steal or shadow step, no dumb rock blowing my portsi can get used to this

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

Wait I can’t get on for a week so please answer me this question. Can we still chain infiltrators signet + steal for maximum range? like chaining shadow steps?

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I’m not gonna lie. I’m going to miss shadowstepping on top of the wall of the SW camps in WvW. But seeing how the new skill works, I think I can live with the loss.

I miss shadowstepping across gaps. Oh well.

in Thief

Arikyali.5804

Wait I can’t get on for a week so please answer me this question. Can we still chain infiltrators signet + steal for maximum range? like chaining shadow steps?

I…actually forgot to test that. But you can still use sword 2 > steal.

in Thief

Nephrite.6954

sigh awesome. Thank god, I thought they were going to remove that lol

in Thief

Arikyali.5804

It kinda just works a little bit wierd now. My theory is that the pathing for the shadowstep isn’t a straight line – it’s whatever is the viable path to the target within the range.

For example, during PvP I couldn’t shadowstep up a hill to get at a ranger – I had to go around halfway up the hill and then shadowstep. If I tried from below the cliff, it probably didn’t register.

in Thief

Nephrite.6954

It kinda just works a little bit wierd now. My theory is that the pathing for the shadowstep isn’t a straight line – it’s whatever is the viable path to the target within the range.

For example, during PvP I couldn’t shadowstep up a hill to get at a ranger – I had to go around halfway up the hill and then shadowstep. If I tried from below the cliff, it probably didn’t register.

Pvp map? Kyhlo with the treb you mean?

in Thief

Arikyali.5804

No, it was in a foefire map. It was one of the home points with a tree by a hill.

in Thief

Nephrite.6954

No, it was in a foefire map. It was one of the home points with a tree by a hill.

Ah I think I know where that is. You can still teleport from under the bridge on kyhlo right?

in Thief

Arikyali.5804

Ah I think I know where that is. You can still teleport from under the bridge on kyhlo right?

The one by the clocktower? Yes, you can. Same way as before.