Thank you, Anet

Thank you, Anet

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

… for listening to me, for watching my video (I nearly count as a pro youtuber now), for taking me seriously and most importantly for fixing stuff.

I noticed what you were currently working on – and since yesterday the game feels perfect. I haven’t come across anything I’d call a bug since and if, I will drag another thief through map completion, hit everything at weird angles and make another video.

Thanks a lot again =)

Attachments:

Thank you, Anet

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

I’m confused about if they actually changed anything...but I’m glad things are working for you now.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Thank you, Anet

in Thief

Jana.6831

And for those who never noticed anything was wrong: Your game got a few thousand percent better in the past few days and you’ll never know :P

Attachments:

Thank you, Anet

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Did they announce the change anywhere? I’m hard-pressed to believe an effort was made to fix the whiffs, unless it was some kind of weird network thing, as it seemed to hit different uses more than not.

You still get to deal with the stealth attack ICD and most of the BS in the game, though. Now you just miss your stab instead of the CnD lol.

Thank you, Anet

in Thief

Jana.6831

Don’t think they announced it. They worked on CnD+steal, circular CnD, smoothness of the game, hitboxes and the camera (my BS misses) and when a CnD would still count as hit.
It really depends on your playstyle whether or not you noticed. If you never used CnD + steal then you likely didn’t notice, if you use all kinds of gap closers and or shortcuts to twist and turn as well, if you rarely use CnD and rather use your second set and so on and so on. I watched an old D/D video and the playstyle was really different from mine. I saw one miss that shouldn’t have been one, but that was debateable. You guys didn’t notice anything = everything looked normal which it did to me as well.
But these ‘bugs’ were what crippled my thief the most. Have been in wvw for a tiny bit the past days, I am a noob again since I’m really out of training but I didn’t lose anything and my escape plan against 6 worked out as well which it wouldn’t have the past 2 years.
Yes, the game has still issues, but this was my biggest.

Attachments:

Thank you, Anet

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I haven’t noticed anything different and I have been playing Power D/D a lot between WvW and sPvP the last few months, only thing tonight I found was a Warrior that wasn’t allowing CnD to register on after I ran into him again after killing but due to some hits he got on me that shouldn’t have, I just attributed to him lagging.

But I am glad that you seem to be having a better time landing CnD either way if there was a fix or not.

Thank you, Anet

in Thief

Jana.6831

Yeah, that bug appeared recently but should’ve been fixed now as well = if you missed one CnD due to whatever reason the next CnD (s) wouldn’t count as well.

Thank you, Anet

in Thief

Jana.6831

Let’s see if I can explain it:

I knew that one has to precast CnD slightly when using it with steal. I can even remember I adjusted the precast in the past. I guess I did that precast automatically, probably still do. Now comes the issue: If using CnD + steal it would work if the target was either standing or running into the same direction as you = tried to flee and you used CnD + steal combo while running after them (that is still true). Whenever the target moved into another direction than the same as you, you’d miss. You can see that in my bug video. I forgot about that very issue, to be honest, as I’m using mug in PvE, running mobs are rare and I just shrugged it off. It did change the past few days and you have to precast, but your timing has got to be perfect. Didn’t notice any misses in wvw so far but I didn’t really play anyway. You can try it yourselves on Malchor’s Leap there’s a lot of running mobs (after the elder wood farm).

Another issue was (as seen in my video) – “if you turn too quickly you’ll miss”. Haven’t come across that lately.
Another: You won’t hit running targets.
Another: You will miss if at angle x and tring to hit y and … all these parameters to land a successful CnD/BS.
Also: Everything else seemed faster, something was just off, likely for everybody but probably most noticable for D/D – and well, I only play D/D.

And now add all of this together and you’ll understand why I had issues: I twist and turn like crazy, I have only steal as my gap closer, I never played one shot builds = I’m using CnD a lot and multiple times during a fight and, since I only have steal, I need to hit my running target at whatever angle.

My oldest thief buddy was playing D/D in wvw as well, which I didn’t know as I left the server we both were on before he started to play wvw – and well I was their bearbow nurse in PvE, so who would’ve guessed he’d chose D/D?! He recently came back and when I told him I was happy being able to hit stuff in wvw again he told me that he had the exact same issues.

Thank you, Anet

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Again, after years of playing D/D with precasts, without precasts, mixed-casts, dodge-casts, fancy turns, and so on, I never experienced this.

But I mean hey if it’s all good now, great!

…Except for the fact I basically quit the game lol.

Thank you, Anet

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

horse pooh. i play s/d d/d and noticed no difference with off hand dagger. the only thing i liked about the update is turning of the obnoxtios back item trash talk from tron o knob

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Thank you, Anet

in Thief

Jana.6831

Deceiver & cabbage – I have never seen you play and it would be very weird if it was only me and some buddies who had this problem. Like I said: I watched one D/D video taken after the patch and I don’t play like that, maybe you guys have different styles as well. You really couldn’t adjust your precast to the exact moment to hit a target (that’s not running into the same direction) anymore – I remembered I tried and there was no way.

But now you can again – so:

Thanks again, anet =)

Ps: In case all of you who never had problems are wondering why I posting these threads: I have no idea how to say thank you otherwise. It’s been 2 years – I know what all of you have to say.