Thank you to profession / combat devs (thief appreciation)

in Thief

Posted by: obtuse.8291

obtuse.8291

I just wanted to throw out my appreciation for the design we have especially on thief allowing such a high level of playstyle customization. This way is so much better than picking a general class and advanced/sub class type, locking you in to at most one or two styles of combat based on talent. When I am creating builds and trying them, it’s no longer a question “no, this combination is not viable, it doesn’t work for my combat abilities” just a case of learning how to behave in combat to make a new style that capitalizes on my build synergy, and which stat bonuses reinforce that once I figure it out.

This makes the experience of build crafting a subgame of its own merit of fun.
Brilliant! Keep it up!

I am the super thief

in Thief

Posted by: Vexus.5423

Vexus.5423

Yes, the differences of traits are so balanced and varied that any change will force you to have a different play style. I recently removed the + 1 second stealth from my build and I notice I have to be much more proactive in escaping the enemy. The trade off is 20 in Deadly Arts instead of 15, giving myself a little more power, and 5% added dagger damage. So I also run with daggers more than Short bow. Very interesting how 5 points changed my attack and retreat ability so much.