Thanks ANet, for ruining P/D in PvE.

in Thief

Posted by: Jennaissance.2195

Jennaissance.2195

I really enjoyed playing Pistol/Dagger in Dungeons, but you guys ruined it with your massive kneejerk Dancing Dagger nerf. I have no initiative dump skill anymore now.
Yeah yeah, I already hear you saying “Bodyshot”….oh, that thing that lasts a whopping 3 seconds on golden mobs and does LESS damage than a normal shot? No thanks.

Meanwhile, P/P unload and S/P pistol whip still suck in PvE. Way to miss the target by miles :-|

I really don’t care about sPvP, it can do tiny damage there cause it’s for the cripple, but for S/D and P/D users it was the only source of high ranged damage in dungeons, and you ruined that.

in Thief

Posted by: Suralin.3947

Suralin.3947

Ruin P/D in PvE? It didn’t feel that way for my Condition thief.

DragonBrand – Terror Gaming [TG]
Fer Aline – Thf; Suralinta – Rgr; Alyra Va Tel – Ele; Mer Aline – War

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Not sure how you have init to dump in PvE. I would think your rotation would keep your init empty. If not, maybe swap some traits around so you don’t have so much surplus init.

in Thief

Posted by: shrewd.5319

shrewd.5319

You make a mistake with your favoritism and narrow-mindedness. We are all thieves here and should be concerned about the well-being of the thief in all aspects, whether it be spvp/pve/etc.

I only play PvP, and P/D got demolished there. Based on the way PvE/WvW works, these horrible changes actually have a lesser effect on those settings.

in Thief

Jennaissance.2195

Not sure how you have init to dump in PvE. I would think your rotation would keep your init empty. If not, maybe swap some traits around so you don’t have so much surplus init.

What rotation? Body shot is useless vs golden mobs. Shadow Shot is usable only once then you’re outta range. Cloak n Dagger is melee range.

The ONLY skill you could dump ini on as a P/D ranged thief was Dancing Dagger.
Now it’s autoattacking aaaaaaaall the way on bosses. Boring.

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

What rotation? Body shot is useless vs golden mobs. Shadow Shot is usable only once then you’re outta range. Cloak n Dagger is melee range.

The ONLY skill you could dump ini on as a P/D ranged thief was Dancing Dagger.

Are you playing a glass condition build or something? You don’t have the health/toughness to roll in, C&D and roll out? Or just walk in timing with the mob?

in Thief

Posted by: Geewoody.2017

Geewoody.2017

You must have a really fancy 4 key. :P

What’s wrong with quickly tagging a boss with CnD?

in Thief

Posted by: lachste.3091

lachste.3091

I would almost think you’d want to go in C/D, auto shot, and shoot back. That’s how I would kite stuff. You could also just auto shot till they get close, c/d, autoshot, then shadow shot back. Stacking vulnerability is good though.. it doesn’t do much damage maybe, but it increases the damage done by a %, so if you time it right you can fully unload with 10%+ damage.

(edited by lachste.3091)

in Thief

Jennaissance.2195

Are you playing a glass condition build or something? You don’t have the health/toughness to roll in, C&D and roll out? Or just walk in timing with the mob?

You must have a really fancy 4 key. :P

What’s wrong with quickly tagging a boss with CnD?

I see no point in playing Pistol as a melee style. I’d rather do backstabs or tactical strikes with CnD and a melee mainhand (melees do like 30-40% more damage but have higher risk).
The ranged options with a mainhand pistol are crap now in dungeons since unload sucks and dancing daggers does now, too. The best option is to just stand there and autoattack. Boring.