The Shadow Berserker: Axe forThief

in Thief

Posted by: Skrill.6170

Skrill.6170

Hey guys. Here’s what I think would be an awesome specialization for thief. Axe.
Now I know that Axe is not the first weapon that comes to mind when thinking of any sort of thief/assassin/sneaky class but after talking to a friend, I really got hooked on this idea: The shadow berserker.

The shadow berserker is a merciless fighter. He uses his brutal axe attacks and the dark arts of shadows to strike fear in the hearts of his enemies. At first his attacks seem pretty slow but the longer he fights the more relentless he gets dismembering his enemies in the blink of an eye.
U’ll notice a new condition: deep wound. It was a condition in Guild Wars. I think it would be a great addition to Guild Wars 2. It basically reduces the maximum hp of your enemy by 20% for a certain amount of time.
—————————————————

Thief Specialization Axe: The Shadow Berserker
1: Slit: Slit your Foe
Damage:?
Number of Targets: 3
1: Rip: Rip and cripple your foe
Damage: ?
Crippled: 0.5 s
1: Dismember: Dismember your foe with two slow attacks granting you quickness on the last hit
Damage: (2x) ? (second part deals heavy dmg)
Quickness: 2 s (only if second attack hits)
1: Stealth Attack: Devastate: Devastate your foe inflicting deep wound
Damage: 365 (1.2)
Deep Wound : 5 s

2: Fulminate: Daze foes in the target area
Cost: 4 initiative
Daze: ½ s
Nuber of targets: 5
Radius: 240
Combo finisher: blast

Dagger offhand:
3: Dark Berserker: Whirl in a targets direction, Chill and slash foes along the path
Cost: 5 initiative
Damage: 100 (0.67)
Chilled: 0.5 s
Number of impacts: 3
Evade: ½ s
Combo finisher: whirl
Range: 300

Pistol offhand:
3: Relentless Pursuit: Become a shadow gaining superspeed
Cost: 5 initiative
Superspeed: 1 ½ s

Let me know what you think

cheers

in Thief

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

Its gonna be focus thief mainhand. Everyone know it. And for warrior it gonna be warhorn mainhand for dualwield warhorn. Ranger gonna be able to dual wield LB, ele gonna get a GS. Necro will get shield mainhand and offhand. Mesmer gonna get shortbow. Gourde gonna get a shortbow. And finally, double torch engi.

It is confirmed in the interview I got with Travis from Anet. Those weapon where the one that fitted the most with each class. So please STOP THOSE THREAD. It pollutes and should be signaled as spam kkthxbai.

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

in Thief

Posted by: Akagami.9861

Akagami.9861

#Klonk … i really hope you are trolling, either that or you are way too wrong.

In the expansion, Rangers gonna get the Staff as a weapon, sort of druid-like thingy
and the necromancers are gonna use that big bam(didn’t mean bam…if you know what i mean xD ) greatsword ( if i remember corectly)

And actually axe on a thief wouldn’t be much o a surprise, we’re not talking about a dual welding axe, but a one handed one…instead of a dagger, i was thinking about this too.

in Thief

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

I obviously troll. But im kinda tired to see those post honestly. I rather thinking about some change to traits that doesnt work rather than possible weapon for each class!

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

in Thief

Posted by: Akagami.9861

Akagami.9861

thank god, well let’s just hope the traits will be improved and not worsened…

in Thief

Posted by: nullcore.3495

nullcore.3495

I obviously troll.

I can’t believe anyone even had to ask. I do officially want dual longbows now though. I’ll use the second one with my feet. Also, tri-wielded greatswords. You can guess where the third one goes.

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

I obviously troll.

I can’t believe anyone even had to ask. I do officially want dual longbows now though. I’ll use the second one with my feet. Also, tri-wielded greatswords. You can guess where the third one goes.

XD it’s a pretty easy guess if you ask me

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

Two words: “Left Axe”
If you don’t get it don’t worry, you just aren’t old. ;p

in Thief

Posted by: Myxam.2790

Myxam.2790

I love me some Axes (my bonkin’ stick at work is a PVC bearded haft-and-a-half) but Thief ain’t where me axes should be axin’ the axe-less faced Mobbies.

On a serious note, way too much power in your 2, Cheap Spammable Blast and stuns are a no-no. Also you forgot the ‘No Offhand’ ability. Chill isn’t a Thief condition really, we only have a utility for it. Spammable Superspeed is a no as well.

And Deep Wounds I really don’t care to see return as we don’t have a relatively uniform health pool across classes.