The Supremacy of a thief player

in Thief

Posted by: Tristan.5280

Tristan.5280

Yesterday evening i was roaming with my engi SD full berserker in Piken Square Borderlands (I’m from Seafarer’s Rest) when i see along the path a Piken Square thief wearing a Phatom’s Hood fighting a SFR Guardan. The thief kill the guard. Me, and an ele rush to help the guard. The thief hide, run, burst me and the ele wthout kllng us. We chase him he hid, run back, but never escape. At the end he kill the ele and me too, then start to jumping and laughing on my corpse.

I saw this kind of insane players on youtube, but i never faced them off in the game. Even if i was defeated and umiliated, i must say… chapeau.

Mt only regret is that i didn’t redord it.

The beauty of that playstyle was incredible. If you are that player and you are reading this, chapeau

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

It’s fun to play against good players. But /laugh-ing at someones corps is just childish, even tho he 1vs2 you (3).

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Tristan.5280

It’s fun to play against good players. But /laugh-ing at someones corps is just childish, even tho he 1vs2 you (3).

Well, maybe i deserve it. I chased him with a very squishy build. I cannot expect to beat class that is my direct counter, expecially if he is a skilled pro player

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

Well, maybe i deserve it. I chased him with a very squishy build. I cannot expect to beat class that is my direct counter, expecially if he is a skilled pro player

Do you know what weapons he had?

A SD engi should on paper at least have an equal chance of beating him as he has to beating you. With rifle and great burst from SD you could burst him down as fast as he could burst you. But it all comes down to who get’s the first shot.

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Tristan.5280

I thnik he was using a S/D-D/P at the first encounter. I think that he swapped to SB after we chased him. The problem is the blind and the stun. He blinds me so o lose my dps, then steal, bursting, then he interrupts my healing skill… then i die. Even if i use gear shield block, elixir S, toss elxir s, after these sklls i’m vulnerable

in Thief

Posted by: euroz.7190

euroz.7190

Depends who you’re laughing at, i had a funny 1v3+camp guards yesterday. 2 pew pews 1 zerg warrior, and they deserved the /laugh spam and corpse jumping.

in Thief

Posted by: Bizarro.2901

Bizarro.2901

After pulling off a 3v1 a /laugh and /dance spam is almost mandatory… Hurts less than a /salute imo

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

hmmm. A bit off topic… Have you played RF Online, Tristan?
I have a fuzzy recollection that I might have asked you or another Tristan this…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Tristan.5280

I have a fuzzy recollection that I might have asked you or another Tristan this…

No, never.

Well, I’ve never humiliated with a emotes players that I’ve defeated, both in pvp and wvw, because i think that it’s unfair and a braggart gamestyle. But I do not expect that other players understand or respect this ethic.

in Thief

Posted by: Tyyphoon.5301

Tyyphoon.5301

The emotes are a feature of the game. Ultimately, its what you make of it. Aside from that, it was your decision to outnumber the thief. Props to him for making wise, tactical decisions, especially against an engineer profession (which can pose problems for thieves many a times).

Tyyphóón (Lv 80 Thief) | Mini Tyy (Lv 80 Ele) [Maguuma]
Mag is the No.1 killer of WvW. -Exciton.8942
What does not kill me, makes me stronger. -Nietzsche

(edited by Tyyphoon.5301)

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

I used to play RF Online, great game.

Back on topic, I hate when people jump or laugh. Dignity in winning. Dignity in defeat. Manners maketh the man.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

The thief hide, run, burst me and the ele wthout kllng us.

This should be your key here. He was testing your defenses.

We chase him he hid, run back, but never escape.

After testing your defenses, he tested your mobility.

At the end he kill the ele and me too, then start to jumping and laughing on my corpse.

Then he compared you to his skills and decided that he can take you both.

A story of a Thief who learned how to play — The end.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Would be impressed if it wasn’t a thief.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

No, never.
….

I used to play RF Online, great game.
….

Oh I was just checking if, by chance, he was the same Tristan from that game. Used to be guild buddies.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

3v1 with the outnumbered winning, thief or not, is certainly impressive.

Little disappointed with the lack of sportsmanship, but skill is skill.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Thief

Posted by: Warhawk.7095

Warhawk.7095

Would be impressed if it wasn’t a thief.

Why is that? That thief just beat 3 of the heaviest CC-capable classes in the game, at once. Basically his direct hard-counter classes (Engie and Ele).

He sounds like a good player who beat the odds here, and you sound like you’ve been planted by too many thieves to appreciate it.

Rogue Spectre [Main]/[SNKY]
Fergyson’s Crosswalk
WvW Roamer, lover, fighter, and reckless glass cannon

in Thief

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

It wasn’t 1v3. It was 1v1 and then 1v2. With the engie being extremely squishy, so not surprise with the outcome. Any competent thief can pick apart a 1v2 if the opponents are extremely squishy. Thieves are known to be zerker killers. Stealth mechanics allows them to dictate the fight to their favors. Hence why many outnumbered videos are made by thieves against players whom are not used to fighting thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Tristan, it is nice you are not behave the same like the thief. You are humble thief player even when you lose. I wish all thief player was same like you and not be shame they lose

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in Thief

Tristan.5280

Tristan, it is nice you are not behave the same like the thief. You are humble thief player even when you lose. I wish all thief player was same like you and not be shame they lose

<3

in Thief

Tristan.5280

idk maybe it was me, i sure did backstab alot of people to death yesterday

if so, chapeau.

I was the “Seafarer’s rest Major”. An engi with a blu Magitech Skin. Did you remember, or it wasn’t you?