The True Thief Mechanic

The True Thief Mechanic

in Thief

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

As we all know we are the only class in game that only has 1 mechanic (and warrior), which is to steal from foes since day 1. Steal is a nice stun breaker, and since the recent patch we can now have more access to this mechanic and stun breaker. But compare to other profession thief to me is too predictable and its mechanic should have a more range of usage. Also, whenever we steal and we don’t really need what we stole for the time being we ended up wasting this mechanic and have to wait for its CD.

So I thought, since we only have F1 as steal F2, F3, F4 should be usable to us by making it an open slot or an inventory slot as you can say where we can STORE what we stole from others, therefore giving us a wide range and tactical decisioning when we use these stolen items. Hope ANet look into this, shed some light.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

The True Thief Mechanic

in Thief

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

So you’re suggesting stealing 4 items and using them similar to a sub-skill bar?

The True Thief Mechanic

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

steal doesnt break stun by the way.

The True Thief Mechanic

in Thief

Posted by: Alex.6940

Alex.6940

I think he’s suggesting something like F1 is your steal ability, but instead of the stolen item replacing F1 it takes up your F2 slot. If you steal again without using the F2 ability the new stolen item takes up your F3 slot and so on. This way you can use steal again without having to use the stolen item first and you gather a selection of items to use as needed.

The True Thief Mechanic

in Thief

Posted by: folly dragon.4126

folly dragon.4126

Thats way to OP, lets nerf its concept before we develop it.

Seriously, it sounds like a great idea…… but, nobody really complained about clusterbomb range and it got adjusted, imagine how bad they would rip it apart even if it got implemented.

Remember, if it works, break it, if its broke, break it somemore and them glue it back together and paint it with food coloring.

The True Thief Mechanic

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

Initiative is a special mechanic too, therefore we have 2, not 1~
Not counting the Dual Weapon (nr3) Skill.