The True Value of playing Thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

Freedom of movement is why I played and stayed by Thief through all the years even if it couldn’t keep up with other classes in terms of competitive play. I’m like a faithful husband to this class. I never really choose Thief because of its Assassin theme, no I choose it cause I’ve never felt like this with all the other classes. I felt free, an explorer of the game machenics. In a way I also think that this class is making a sacrifice for the others to not be neglected. Alright let’s put it this way, Thief gets super OP (mobility aside), NO one else(majority as least) would be dull enough to pick other classes. Think about it, who doesn’t want to be Ezio from Brotherhood with initiative machenics.

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Not being rooted (except with S/P which I hated at the start) was why I fell in love with thief (immediately) I never had more fun than leveling my thief.
But that isn’t that important to a lot of other people, so I’m not so sure if everybody picked thief even if they were super op as as it stands right now thief vs thief is an encounter that lasts seconds (exaggerated). Make it more op and there are no survivors unless you give them the toughest armor ever – in that case we would all sit in a circle and knit as it would be super boring. Not that knitting is, but you get my point.

in Thief

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

…What is this I don’t even

Look, if Thief isn’t the top of the pile right now, that’s because it spent the majority of the game there and is still a viable setup in a lot of situations. It’s biggest problem before was that, agility aside, it was total glass. The devs gave it a lot of additional sustain plus skills for interrupting and finishing enemies off.

Could thief use a power bump? Yeah I could see it. The game meta is pretty constantly evolving, however, in order to try and prevent things from becoming stale. It isn’t some kind of…Whatever your post was about. It’s changing things up.

in Thief

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

It brings me satisfaction playing a class not everyone can pick up on or have the patience to try to master. It brings me even more satisfaction playing a class that isn’t considered OP.

What’s the value of playing thief?

Magical things happen when I swap from thief to an OP class.

EU since Aug 2012

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

...What is this I don’t even

Look, if Thief isn’t the top of the pile right now, that’s because it spent the majority of the game there and is still a viable setup in a lot of situations. It’s biggest problem before was that, agility aside, it was total glass. The devs gave it a lot of additional sustain plus skills for interrupting and finishing enemies off.

Could thief use a power bump? Yeah I could see it. The game meta is pretty constantly evolving, however, in order to try and prevent things from becoming stale. It isn’t some kind of...Whatever your post was about. It’s changing things up.

I don’t think a power bump is what we need, maybe for staff but, I’ve been hitting pretty kitten hard lately with pack runes in sPvP at least, D/P. Yeah SD doesn’t hit as hard but it was never meant to be bursty anyway. The problem I think is how hard we are getting hit with other classes and their power creeps. Warriors lately are ticking me off since they just use any skill that’s off of CD and hit me with it doing a third of my HP, regardless of my constant blinding. We need something in terms of survivability, imo but feel free to disagree

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

Some of their attacks will occur faster than you can blind them: Axe auto-attacks, Axe #2, Hundred Blades, and Whirlwind. They also have Berserker stance which will prevent Blind from being applied to them for a significant duration. Otherwise, blinding wrecks their mood.