The mezmer is the new thief so...

in Thief

Posted by: kop.8724

kop.8724

The mezmer can hide, spike, and run away faster than a thief so…. Overmore he has clones.

So Switch to it.

in Thief

Posted by: Reinn.7436

Reinn.7436

I have entomophobia that’s why I hate fighting mesmers, let alone joining their bandwagon. Lol

“Even thieves have principles to follow.”

-Chinese Proverb.

in Thief

Posted by: Iconik.8712

Iconik.8712

I’m seriously thinking about rerolling, sadly. As it stands right now, a thief has to be 100% on his dodges, 100% on his skill usage and have 0 errors in a fight in order to give him a chance. And even then you aren’t guaranteed a thing. I feel you have to work twice as hard to get a kill.

Oh Hey Girl – Troll Thief Extraordinaire Tarnished Coast – www.twitch.tv/iconikk

in Thief

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

I have entomophobia that’s why I hate fighting mesmers, let alone joining their bandwagon. Lol

That is so funny, cuz before the patch, thief not only love but would make an effort to find & kill mesmers. How the roles have change.

in Thief

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

That is so funny, cuz before the patch, thief not only love but would make an effort to find & kill mesmers. How the roles have change.

I still maintain that Thieves and Mesmers, being the two Lyssa-addict professions, should simply team up and murk the everloving kitten out of everyone else. But who ever listens to lil’ old me?

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Thief

Posted by: Tringsh.2380

Tringsh.2380

Totally agree with this. They seem to have a very short reveal as well.

in Thief

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

LOL i totally agree

in Thief

Posted by: Tringsh.2380

Tringsh.2380

Ran into another of these tonight. Whether it’s skillfull or not, the play style is so cheap it’s apauling. I didn’t win one battle, out DPS’d, constantly outnumbered and out stealthed. What the hell were anet thinking?

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i actually did mess around on mes some…. and then i felt sad for my thief

that being said i didn’t find mesmer playstlyle enjoyable despite (or maybe because) being relatively faceroll in current state~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: yiksing.9432

yiksing.9432

I don’t mind them being able to stealth better than thief, the issue i have is its now almost impossible to sweep a keep or SMC especially when there are 2 mesmers cross chaining their stealth. You are able to spot them but they can get away and still stay inside, while i enjoy trolling 10+ people for an extended period of time on my mesmer, their stealth is a bit over the top.

in Thief

Posted by: Xovian.8572

Xovian.8572

I don’t mind them being able to stealth better than thief, ….

Simply put, you should.
When any other class “out sneaks” a thief there is a fundamental problem with the logic.

Also attacking more than once while in stealth has been a “Big No No” since the game went live. Now we are seeing a class do it for extended lengths of time, and with no downside, which we thieves are just riddled with.

Like i said, maybe you should.
That’s become the mind set for thieves lately, taking it and being forced to like it. Then hearing how it’s okay from other classes and people actually believing it.

Yay for thieves Stockholm syndrome?

(edited by Xovian.8572)

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

This has a lot to do with having some very vocal personalities playing Mesmer. I really don’t see any thief advocates out there making our case in a visible manner.

in Thief

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Like thief in the past, the mesmer will be nerfed.

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

While this is true, I wouldn’t hyperfocus on the mesmer. Thief has a lot of problems even outside of how they compare with mesmers.

in Thief

Reinn.7436

Nah, just forget about the Mesmers, guys. I think what we need here are innovative brains to make our class on equal footing with other classes. Because obviously, we won’t get anything good, considering that the devs won’t listen.

-Chinese Proverb.

in Thief

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

Right now been a Thief is suffering.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Nah, just forget about the Mesmers, guys. I think what we need here are innovative brains to make our class on equal footing with other classes. Because obviously, we won’t get anything good, considering that the devs won’t listen.

What the point? Adapting and getting better than anyone else just got the class nerfed even more.

Before this patch: ok ele works, ok war works, ok engi works but you want like best thief ever on your team if you want to have any hopes to win the match.
After the patch: be godly or just don’t log on thief.
What will be after next patch? Use hack or don’t log?

You see the tendency? I am personally tired of so called “adapring” and “playing perfectly” while watching players on other classes getting rewarded for drooling on keyboard.

Also, i am just sooo extremely annoyed about BS bug. How the hell do you manage not to notice it. All it required is to make a thief and use most prominent thief spell once. Apprently they didn’t. Can you imagine what it says about their work, their balance, how much effort they put into class? Also, lol “practiced tolerance” effect having nothing to do with the name – EL OH EL.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Reinn.7436

Well sorry for my outright sarcasm if you have not noticed them. Lol.

-Chinese Proverb.

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

The BS bug really is proof that they didn’t even bother to play test the patch with thief. I understand bugs happen but that’s like suddenly having guardians empower do damage to yourself instead of healing, it is just so obvious that the only way it could have existed is if they weren’t even looking.

That was kinda the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. I’m not done with the game but I’m not logging in again until I see some patch notes that hint at someone giving a flying shart over at Anet.

in Thief

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

I don’t mind them being able to stealth better than thief, the issue i have is its now almost impossible to sweep a keep or SMC especially when there are 2 mesmers cross chaining their stealth..

That is so funny.. the irony! Cuz ppl says the same thing about thieves when there 2 or more in the opposite team. Right before a match starts. Rolf..

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I don’t mind them being able to stealth better than thief, the issue i have is its now almost impossible to sweep a keep or SMC especially when there are 2 mesmers cross chaining their stealth..

That is so funny.. the irony! Cuz ppl says the same thing about thieves when there 2 or more in the opposite team. Right before a match starts. Rolf..

Wait, people complain when there are 2 thieves on the other team? I’ve only seen complaints from the team who has 2+ thieves on their team.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief