The return of Yishis

The return of Yishis

in Thief

Posted by: azerte.4365

azerte.4365

he’s here, thank the gods for bringing him back!

Schäde – Lolzie
Trillmatic |tM| / Angelic Synergy |Holy|

The return of Yishis

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

Awesome as always. Best bit was taking on the two warriors with dagger/dagger, I would of been dead meat so quickly!

Well done to the bad guys as well for sticking with the fights (most of the time).

The return of Yishis

in Thief

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

kitten , he makes good use of that shortbow

The return of Yishis

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

p/d with celestial – why ? pistol is the worst dmg in the thief hands combine with celestial making it worst. i would take carrion or even full power build as his play style changed from burst to kite

i changed to power p/d and its so useful wepaon set versus ele/mes/engi/ranger/thief
even some warrior builds as you can burst from range and be safe

also if you closly look from thief players videos in the last year you will notice how anet change the thief play style from bursty player to kite player

The return of Yishis

in Thief

Posted by: execullent.8560

execullent.8560

p/d with celestial – why ? pistol is the worst dmg in the thief hands combine with celestial making it worst. i would take carrion or even full power build as his play style changed from burst to kite

i changed to power p/d and its so useful wepaon set versus ele/mes/engi/ranger/thief
even some warrior builds as you can burst from range and be safe

also if you closly look from thief players videos in the last year you will notice how anet change the thief play style from bursty player to kite player

Yeah combats became longer and kill enemy faster than enemy does it unreal!

The return of Yishis

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I nearly cried when I saw this, bless his dark soul

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

The return of Yishis

in Thief

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I agree celestial is a waste unless you balance things out somehow, couldn’t watch much of this as I believe the best way to learn is play a thief yourself and find a style that suits you, which I assume most have done themselves by now.

Maybe I’m a bit bored of most Roaming stuff though, seems most the challenge is in the OS. There are so many everyday wvwers, annoying builds and gankers to put up with.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

The return of Yishis

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

The fact that Yishis got Celestial gear to work on his Thief just proves how good he is…. Looks fun, but I don’t think I would ever stand a chance with that build :p

Glad to see him back though! Awesome player with awesome fights and videos

Melder – Thief

The return of Yishis

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

p/d with celestial – why ?

Because P/D gets to make use of 6 out of 8 of celestial’s stats, Power, Condition Damage, Precision, Ferocity, Toughness and Vitality. For a full set that is about 3000 attribute points being put to work, versus about 2600 for a set of regular 3-stat gear.

The return of Yishis

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Yup celestial works great been running it since 2103.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

The return of Yishis

in Thief

messiah.1908

Because P/D gets to make use of 6 out of 8 of celestial’s stats, Power, Condition Damage, Precision, Ferocity, Toughness and Vitality. For a full set that is about 3000 attribute points being put to work, versus about 2600 for a set of regular 3-stat gear.

but again does a thief can allow himself to be with average attribute points

like mediocre power/condition which is basically no burst at all

sure i can kill bad players but against the meta builds and some variant you probably wont

The return of Yishis

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

p/d with celestial - why ?

sure i can kill bad players but against the meta builds and some variant you probably wont

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRif5d7jU8w boo! celestail teef vs good players.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

(edited by vincecontix.1264)

The return of Yishis

in Thief

frans.8092

Precision and Ferocity contribute to damage too, P/D makes use of all offensive stats, Power, Condition Damage, Precision and Ferocity. It’s also better known for it’s potential to wear down an opponent, rather then burst, and with it’s attrition style of combat it makes also good use of Toughness and Vitality (and even Healing Power).

The return of Yishis

in Thief

messiah.1908

still maybe in 1v1 its good as you have the time to handle the fight (as you can see 3 min fights 1v1) for me its boring if the fight is over 1 min and against thief who is perma stealth d/p . but this is me

i like to take more risk and go with more power and crit
even in tpvp i took an ele in 2 seconds that my teammates was amazed how i did it
but in 1v2 against 2 hambow warriors i couldnt do a thing till my team came to help.
and as i can see the cnd spamming and the right time to hit is the key to win and not the gear you wear.

i like to run something like this if i want to do both condi and power dmg
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQJAqYl0MpopdPx0J8PNBNBtdGGeE4uG5YGaFAA-TFSBABVt/AsKBvU9HX0Dwg5PmU+twJAAgHAApAGYLA-w

The return of Yishis

in Thief

frans.8092

still maybe in 1v1 its good as you have the time to handle the fight (as you can see 3 min fights 1v1) for me its boring if the fight is over 1 min and against thief who is perma stealth d/p . but this is me

For burst and risk there’s nothing quite like a signet build. P/D will never get close to that much burst. P/D is exactly about taking the time to handle the fight.