Theif's the most OP class

in Thief

Posted by: Rooster.8029

Rooster.8029

So, I keep reading through these forums and i hear over and over again the problem with theifs being able to infinite stealth is based on the “culling” but this is just a way of brushing off the topic that they are the most OP class in the game, and the profession make it less fun for other professions to play the game. Any profession that can go in as a two man squad and hold an objective from over 20 attackers for a extended period of time obviously needs a nerf. What ever it takes reducing the time of stealth duration, taking away certain skills and reworking them, Giving other Professions a way to un-stealth theifs or possibly a un-stealth field, Arena net needs to fix this problem before this great game is ruined.

in Thief

Posted by: nahj.2870

nahj.2870

in Thief

Posted by: ZLE.8293

ZLE.8293

Giving other Professions a way to un-stealth theifs or possibly a un-stealth field, Arena net needs to fix this problem before this great game is ruined.

Fair enough,as long as they also implement abilities to remove invulnerabilty,shrinks,.e.t.c,also remove almost the double base HP of certain classes…

Ss Ninja- Rank 50 Asura Condition Thief (The Bulgarians [BG])
My Ringtones on Zedge >>>C l i c k <<<

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Anets fault, not ours. Also, how exactly do Thieves get infinite stealth? I won’t be trying it myself of course because I like killing MUCH more than holding people up.

in Thief

Posted by: Elthuzar.9478

Elthuzar.9478

What’s a theif? I know the difference between a rogue and a rouge but what is a theif to a thief?

The Painted Norn of [WILD]We Intercept Lost Dolyaks

in Thief

Posted by: Okuza.5210

Okuza.5210

The culling “optimization” doesn’t just effect thief. I was on my mesmer, had not been invisible at all that sesssion, and for about 30s during a zerg on zerg (when we were overrun), I was literally running with the other zerg. I was right there in the middle of all of them and there were doing NOTHING. Obviously, none of them saw me.

Well, either that or they one and all thought my mesmer was of such little consequence that I wasn’t even worth the effort of a zerg smack to kill me. Hurt my feelings. ; ;

in Thief

Posted by: Krathalos.3461

Krathalos.3461

Thief isn’t the only class with stealth.

Stealth being the reason you think thief is OP just makes me think you’re bad.

in Thief

Posted by: MysticoN.5068

MysticoN.5068

Giving other Professions a way to un-stealth theifs or possibly a un-stealth field, Arena net needs to fix this problem before this great game is ruined.

Fair enough,as long as they also implement abilities to remove invulnerabilty,shrinks,.e.t.c,also remove almost the double base HP of certain classes…

Shrink is underwater and no one fight underwater (almost no one)
invulnerabilty is realy not a issue, just DoT em down
Double base HP you talk about is so easy for you thiefs to work around – dps it down, stealth and wait for to pop out of DS (DS have a cooldown you know)

Stealth on the otherhand is almost a 100% panic button that always gets the thiefs out of combat or time to wait for the next heal.

Thiefs have one of the best mobility in the game, the best burst in the game and the best “panic buttons” in the game (stealth, “blink” and so on).

Classes like thief just ruin the gameplay, pop out of nothing takes down halft the hp in a few hit and pop back into stealth.

MysticoN – 80 Necro
Draci – 80 Guardian ( on hold)
-Far Silverpeak-

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

-Reduce stealth time

Thieves have a maximum of 4 seconds using normal stealth skills without attacking during. FOUR. A refuge gives more time, but also leaves a giant kitten circle that you can feel free to nuke since they can’t leave for 3-4 seconds, and unless they’re using Shadow Trap for a 5 second stealth, which is incredible niche, you’ll never see it longer than that. This is a completely stupid suggestion and you should be ashamed for even thinking about it.

-Unstealth fields

You realise that this mechanic would also completely break everything about the Mesmer, too?

Also:

Thief repeatedly stealthing using C+D and abusing culling? Bunch up and spam AoE. If a team of 20 can’t take out 2 Thieves, then you need to rethink who you play with. That is absolutely pathetic and I question the presence of any brain cells within that collective.

Culling IS the problem and no more than that.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

…but this is just a way of brushing off the topic that they are the most OP class in the game, and the profession make it less fun for other professions to play the game. Any profession that can go in as a two man squad and hold an objective from over 20 attackers for a extended period of time obviously needs a nerf

He’s talking about nerfing Guardians and Warriors, right?

in Thief

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

I LOVE the arguments given in response lolz!

You can’t just make a sweeping statement about thieves, then at the same time ignore other major advantages of classes “cuz thieves dps” or “cuz thieves have stealth”

“Classes like thief just ruin the gameplay, pop out of nothing takes down halft the hp in a few hit and pop back into stealth.”

so, he ambushes you from stealth, takes half your hp (that you can heal off) and then vanishes… I’m sorry what was your point again? XD smells like a bunker.. sad panda

Irony…. xD

(edited by Hellkaiser.6025)

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

“Thief’s the most OP class”

No, it’s not, so please do us a favour and stop filling our forums with your incessant whining. Think that’s just me asking? You’d be wrong, even Arena Net has made a special topic just for all of you little bads to complain in.

Here you go: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/The-thief-and-its-gameplay-Your-feedback

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in Thief

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Thief

Posted by: ZLE.8293

ZLE.8293

Stealth on the otherhand is almost a 100% panic button that always gets the thiefs out of combat or time to wait for the next heal.

Thiefs have one of the best mobility in the game, the best burst in the game and the best “panic buttons” in the game (stealth, “blink” and so on).

100% panic button huh?
I must be real bad then,because a die every once and a while…

Best Mobilty?Poor eles and GS Warriors then.Also many thieves(not thiefs) don’t have Shortbow,so much with the best mobility

Classes like thief just ruin the gameplay, pop out of nothing takes down halft the hp in a few hit and pop back into stealth.

If you (necro) cannot counter a Backstab thief,then i feel you ,you are doomed to mediocrity for eternity

Ss Ninja- Rank 50 Asura Condition Thief (The Bulgarians [BG])
My Ringtones on Zedge >>>C l i c k <<<

in Thief

Posted by: LittleRaven.7319

LittleRaven.7319

What 2 thiefs owning 20 players I would like to meet those thiefs imagine there skill no really 2 vs. 20 really… 20 people is a zerg.

Like watching YouTube? Then check out my channel http://www.youtube.com/LittleRavenGaming

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

It’s already being made so that stealthed players cannot hold capture points. So can we let this thread die now?

in Thief

Posted by: fikii.9458

fikii.9458

1 to this thread.
Glad to see that ppl start complaing about the same thing that is ruining my pvp vs thieves.
Dont call me as bad, noob or anything like that, i know what i am doing in pvp, but if i should say what prof is the hardest to fight against, it’s thief.
All reasons was already said, so dont call us as noobs or l2p.
How could i focus something and fight against something that i dont see and every hit i get is about 4k
..except backsteb, it’s for 10k+

My opinion guyz, wont be here to see all thieves complaing .. WE ARENT OP.

in Thief

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

i hear about infinite heal from guardians but in fact they can heal only for like 35.000 hp in 30 seconds
should i ask for an nerf ? cause in no way i can kill an bunker guardian

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in Thief

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

I’v stopped reading this at the title.

Have you already seen other calsses in tPvP or are you refearring only to hot join?

Because if you go to see how other classes can be played (like shatter mesmer or elementalist) you would change your mind about thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: themaster.9802

themaster.9802

Thief is probably the squishiest class in the game and probably one of the most difficult to play. Far from OP.

in Thief

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Thief is probably the squishiest class in the game and probably one of the most difficult to play. Far from OP.

I laughed at this.
Quickness heartseeker spammers say hello!
Backstab instagibbers say hello!
Stealth condispammers say hello!

in Thief

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

I laughed at this.
Quickness heartseeker spammers say hello!

this combo would even fail vs NPC’s

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in Thief

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

A thread about the thief is already existing here : The thief and its gameplay – Your feedback.

Please remember to use the search feature before creating new threads.

Thank you.