Them damages though...

Them damages though...

in Thief

Posted by: Remix.2086

Remix.2086

So I’ve played Warrior and Thief pretty much exclusively since launch.

Warrior post patch has stupid damages, Running the norm setup for gs, axe/sh. My Rushes (GS#5) hits like a truck, I have seen 8k, consistantly 6k, My eviscerates have never hit less than 8k. my warrior has shield 5 and 2 endure pains, and access to an elite that is like an instant win. I also get quickness every 15s when my opponent is under 50%. Super high healthpool and condi’s dont matter anymore thanks to brawlers recovery.

Thief post patch has higher power, higher ferocity, 100% crit in stealth for backstabs and does 20% more damage to opponents under certain health (forgot the percentage). My thief cannot backstab over 6k to save its life… I mean I’m rockin’ ferocity in everything.. My thief also gets 1 banged by a basic mesmer combo now aswell. when my warrior would atleast pop endure pain at 25%. thief is practically unplayable atm lol. 6k is nothing when I’m revealed for 3s and literally get to stand there with my wang in my hand. lol.

All I’m saying is, thief is super low health pool, only defense they have is stealth.. and their burst damage is comparable to my warrior axe auto-attacks? lol.

[MR] Mist Raiders
Sucks to Suck

(edited by Remix.2086)

Them damages though...

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Warrior post patch has stupid damages, Running the norm setup for gs, axe/sh. My Rushes (GS#5) hits like a truck, I have seen 8k, consistantly 6k, My eviscerates have never hit less than 8k. my warrior has shield 5 and 2 endure pains, and access to an elite that is like an instant win. I also get quickness every 15s when my opponent is under 50%. Super high healthpool and condi’s dont matter anymore thanks to brawlers recovery.

Thief post patch has higher power, higher ferocity, 100% crit in stealth for backstabs and does 20% more damage to opponents under certain health (forgot the percentage). My thief cannot backstab over 6k to save its life… I mean I’m rockin’ ferocity in everything.. My thief also gets 1 banged by a basic mesmer combo now aswell. when my warrior would atleast pop endure pain at 25%. thief is practically unplayable atm lol. 6k is nothing when I’m revealed for 3s and literally get to stand there with my wang in my hand. lol.

All I’m saying is, thief is super low health pool, only defense they have is stealth.. and their burst damage is comparable to my warrior axe auto-attacks? lol.

this kitten is ridic. Im gonna get banned because i got tired of guilds chasing down 1 solo raomer. rofl im in t2 and guilds are so kittening bored on this game they chase solo raomers now.

kittengame kitten dev’s kitten support. ban me pl0x

Yeah it’s always been this way. All classes have similar offensive potential while being very unequal defensively.

Arenanet just isn’t good at balance.

Them damages though...

in Thief

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Eeeeyup, and this patch is even worse than ever before. With how high damage is, Anet can’t really buff thief damage or they’d be really stupid with a zerker amulet, and I’d honestly hate to see thief go in that direction. It’s possibly time we get some other kind of actual survival mechanic instead of just 25% damage reduction because we’re in stealth which guess what, takes away from our damage.

Meanwhile heavies who don’t need stealth can sustain incredibly well compared to us, be in the fight quite a lot more, and do similar if not greater damage than thieves can. The amount of effort required to do well on thief compared to other classes is definitely an annoying gap to deal with now, it’s simply too much.

Honestly, things need to just start being toned down. I personally don’t feel like it’s all that fun to see a non “assassin” class who’s much tankier than said class with higher sustain that often times does similar if not more spike damage damage than the supposed assassin class. What’s the point of playing a risk vs reward class if there is no reward for that risk. :l

Them damages though...

in Thief

Posted by: Lygon.4896

Lygon.4896

this kitten is ridic. Im gonna get banned because i got tired of guilds chasing down 1 solo raomer. rofl im in t2 and guilds are so kittening bored on this game they chase solo raomers now.

kittengame kitten dev’s kitten support. ban me pl0x

Yeah it’s always been this way. All classes have similar offensive potential while being very unequal defensively.

“All classes have similar offensive potential while being very unequal defensively.” omg nothing sums up gw2 better than this. THIS.

Them damages though...

in Thief

Posted by: Xovian.8572

Xovian.8572

All classes have similar offensive potential while being very unequal defensively.

Pretty much spot on.

I was gone for 6-8 months came back the Friday after the big patch, didn’t even know of the patch till i logged in. Like OP I’ve main’ed 2 classes, for me being Mesmer and Thief. My biggest “WTF?” moment was being able to take PU with my old build, and have so much up time on stealth. More then 10 seconds difference when compared to a deception Thief. I’ve always stuck with D/D, so yea C&D is there but playing my Mesmer now vs my Thief, is just a joke when comparing them. I realize many classes have and will have the stealth mechanic, but something is just absurdly wrong when the “sneaky” class isn’t even close to being a master of stealth.

My Mesmer lives, my thief dies. Simple.

Devs this is what happens when you have people playing and liking a class and having that same player play a class but doesn’t really like it and making calls for balance. Mesmer could be OP before (was not a PU player previously), it’s now so silly that it just makes me want to retire the thief class outright cause it’s almost unplayable in WvW with roaming which is what i use both classes for.

GW2 is no longer about skill or tactics, it’s simply the lotto of what class are you playing and how badly did you get hosed compared to everyone else. Guess for our thieves it’s at least down to one thing, there’s nothing left to nerf. They’ve given all our perks to every other class but we gained nothing in return.

Needless to say, like many in this forum, I wont be buying the expansion, I don’t pay for stupidity and the game has just gone beyond stupid with balance.

(edited by Xovian.8572)

Them damages though...

in Thief

Posted by: Eodwen.2613

Eodwen.2613

I just loled when I saw the conquest build on metabattle for d/p. “Thief is a natural predator extremely good in taking down squishy classes like mez…”. NOT. That guide is soooo 2014.

Them damages though...

in Thief

Posted by: Sefo.4278

Sefo.4278

Just wait for thief specialization. The game is balanced for HoT, not for the current state. Maybe thief gets trait with 200% stealth increase

Them damages though...

in Thief

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

But if this is for WvW let me say one thing. WvW was never meant to be balanced! Shocking!? Not really

You can’t balance WvW. sPvP should be easier because how restrict you are in the stat combos and even there it’s a pain.

And don’t tell me Thiefs are in that bad of a shape, in sPvP I’ve won to all these classes, I’ve lost to them. I play a Warrior too same thing. Your unbeatable Warrior can be dealt with.

Thief also has a skill that can:
-Daze
-Steal health
-Damage
-Poison
-Give you stealth
-Give Fury, Might, Swiftness, Vigor
-Ripe 2 boons
-Give iniciative
-Etc…

On a 20 sec cooldown. Tell me another class that has a skill that can do all that in that short amount of time? Right you don’t have it

This is a L2P issue IMO

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

Them damages though...

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

-Daze
-Steal health
-Damage
-Poison
-Give you stealth
-Ripe 2 boons
-Give iniciative
-Etc…

On a 20 sec cooldown. Tell me another class that has a skill that can do all that in that short amount of time? Right you don’t have it

This is a L2P issue IMO

And for all of that you have to invest in 3 speacailizition lines and 1 line is maxed out just for buffs/defuff. It can still be blocked, invul, predicted or randomly dodge so making it useless for 20 seconds, and put you next to the enemy who is free to make his move.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Them damages though...

in Thief

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

-Daze
-Steal health
-Damage
-Poison
-Give you stealth
-Ripe 2 boons
-Give iniciative
-Etc…

This is a L2P issue IMO

And for all of that you have to invest in 3 speacailizition lines and 1 line is maxed out just for buffs/defuff. It can still be blocked, invul, predicted or randomly dodge so making it useless for 20 seconds, and put you next to the enemy who is free to make his move.

Boy and you can’t do all that with their skills too? You can literally spam evades… while hitting others
Another thing. Comparing the 6k Rush hits in squishys, or the 8 from Eviscerate to the 6k on backstab isn’t really that fair. That skills and others from other classes are highly telegraphed, if you don’t evade them it a issue you have to work on, but our backstabs? Boy you don’t land them just if you don’t want, even blocks don’t reveal you

I play Thief in a while and I really don’t see reasons to wine so much about it after the patch, it is not the worst we had. I remember the days when you were literally stuck to S/D in PvP to be considered decent

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

Them damages though...

in Thief

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Warrior is w/o stealth(huge difference) and dosnt have as much evade as thief got.But yeah warrior still got more positive than thief. Imo,giving thief a 5k more base health should solve all the problems. It is wierd that mesmers now does more dmg than thieves with 1 combo and yet they got lot more base health and almost the same stealth as thief have.(And much more stealth potencially,if specced for it). buffing thieves base health by 5k or slightly even more wont make thieves OP by any way,just more survivable..the alterntive is to give them more base power which they could insta downed mesmer like mesmers can do to thieves now.Which imo the worse one out of the two.

Them damages though...

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

OP, if you can’t backstab someone over 6k, try putting some armour on?

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Them damages though...

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Warrior is w/o stealth(huge difference) and dosnt have as much evade as thief got.But yeah warrior still got more positive than thief. Imo,giving thief a 5k more base health should solve all the problems. It is wierd that mesmers now does more dmg than thieves with 1 combo and yet they got lot more base health and almost the same stealth as thief have.(And much more stealth potencially,if specced for it). buffing thieves base health by 5k or slightly even more wont make thieves OP by any way,just more survivable..the alterntive is to give them more base power which they could insta downed mesmer like mesmers can do to thieves now.Which imo the worse one out of the two.

They could slightly reduce the overall dmg. The whole problem why thieves blow up so fast now is the low HP pool and no fool proof fail safe mechanics, like invulnerabilities. We got good dmg but if others can 1 shot thieves easily, it’s hard to backstab someone when downed :P

Stealth is cute but doesn’t stop others from dealing dmg to the thief.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Them damages though...

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

It’s not actually that huge of a difference. Stealth is designed to work more as an offensive tool than a defensive one, and the Thief’s abilities are in part balanced around it. I would take the health and armor over the stealth any day. Now, it could be they could address the difference by just re-thinking how they’ve implemented stealth, but even then I think the health gap between the classes is too wide.

Them damages though...

in Thief

Posted by: Mattigan.6395

Mattigan.6395

in sPvP with Marauders in a d/d glassy signet build I can hit for about 8-10K on a backstab. Between the Mug, CnD , HS, fire/air procs, and between 5-10 stacks of might from signet use it usually ends the fight right there.

But that’s about all I can do. Shadowstep to run away if they recover or put on SoS, Endure Pain, desperate decoy activation, etc.

I am what Anet made me.

Them damages though...

in Thief

Posted by: JaeleCt.3967

JaeleCt.3967

in sPvP with Marauders in a d/d glassy signet build I can hit for about 8-10K on a backstab. Between the Mug, CnD , HS, fire/air procs, and between 5-10 stacks of might from signet use it usually ends the fight right there.

But that’s about all I can do. Shadowstep to run away if they recover or put on SoS, Endure Pain, desperate decoy activation, etc.

I am what Anet made me.

i tried d/d instaburst for a few games too. all that happened is i would jump in with cnd/bs combo. the person i was jumping’s passive auto invul/fear etc. went off. they turn and burst me right back, almost killing me if i had a utility off cooldown, outright killing me if they werent…

Them damages though...

in Thief

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

The thing is, TECHNICALLY the patch buffed every class, but everything was buffed more than the thief,
thief is litterally the weakest class in the game, the only classes he can still kill without having to much fear is beserk ele, necro and ranger
thats about it
the only real thing we got from the patch is the F2 which is nothing compared to the ranger or the mesmer

Yet the funny thing is, altho almost EVEY class can easily one bang the thief, half of our community is still crying about thief being OP
it’s really starting to become pathetic
if they keep whining like that, anet will nerf us again and again and again
as it has been since launch

Them damages though...

in Thief

Posted by: Mattigan.6395

Mattigan.6395

I am what Anet made me.

i tried d/d instaburst for a few games too. all that happened is i would jump in with cnd/bs combo. the person i was jumping’s passive auto invul/fear etc. went off. they turn and burst me right back, almost killing me if i had a utility off cooldown, outright killing me if they werent…

Yes, that happens quite a bit, too. Nightmare runes are the bane of all thieves, I feel.

But if I go into the less-then-stellar SA then my damage is marginalized while my sustain/survive is only slightly increased.

With thieves, or thieves at my level of play I should say, it feels like it’s all-in or nothing.

Them damages though...

in Thief

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

I am what Anet made me.

Yes, that happens quite a bit, too. Nightmare runes are the bane of all thieves, I feel.

But if I go into the less-then-stellar SA then my damage is marginalized while my sustain/survive is only slightly increased.

With thieves, or thieves at my level of play I should say, it feels like it’s all-in or nothing.

yup, and if you miss your burst, go say bye bye ^^
but hey, it’s balanced right? xD

Them damages though...

in Thief

Posted by: HunterMcGregor.6843

HunterMcGregor.6843

6k backstabs? What are you running? Giver’s gear?