Theorycraft: Hypothetical Venom Share Team

in Thief

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Say a 5 man group of thieves each had Venomous Aura. If each player took Basilisk Venom, 1 utility skill venom, and if hypothetically a heal venom that healed existed — meaning 3/5 slot skills were venoms leaving 2 slots for other utility, would that be a good team composition for anything?

Venomous Aura doesn’t allow stacking sadly, so teams would need a cadence to follow for chaining Venoms. Teams could potentially stack large amounts of party wide healing with the trait Leeching Venoms and a hypothetical Heal slot Venom. Also for 7.5+ seconds Basilisk Venom could keep between 1-5 enemies stuck as statues, or in PvE burn through 50 stacks of defiant.

Thoughts?

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

leeching venom doesnt stack also only 1 venom skills will proc it

and i didnt fully understand your question

the whole basic of venom share usually group dont see is that if time it right you can take down very fast ppl
lets say in wvw (from which i came) 20 guildies V 30 enemies
my guildies have me with venom share. i use basilisk, spider, skale and devourer
i group with range class like necros as they tend to spread out the venom on 5 ppl and not stack them. and i wont attack only after them
if time it right the result would be as followed:
in head to head clash we will perma stun 3-5 front line enemies, than immobilized them up for 10-15 seconds each with torment and poison so they are basically getting down fast
so now seconds round is 20v25 and than i use my skills and take down backline at easy alone or other guildy see me gank some backline and finish him fast
so in third round my venom will be up again 20v24