Thief Acrobatics trait VI- does it work?

in Thief

Posted by: IDICERI.4268

IDICERI.4268

I don’t seem to be running any faster or is it just me? And yes I am in stealth. The Trait symbol VI doesn’t appear as well in the sidebar upon stealth.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
Einstein

(edited by IDICERI.4268)

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Yeah, it works, but it’s a lot more noticable without Signet of Shadows equipped.

Basically, the way run speed works, is that outside of combat you move at 100% speed. In combat, you move at something like 70% speed. In combat with Fleet Shadow (and in Stealth), you run at 120% speed, and with Swiftness, at 103% speed. The universal speed limit for GW2 is 133% (Swiftness out of combat), so Fleet Shadow out of combat in Stealth will only hit that cap and not go to 150%, but in combat it will.

Note that I made those numbers up, but that’s basically how it works.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

(edited by Incurafy.6329)

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

I don’t seem to be running any faster or is it just me? And yes I am in stealth. The Trait symbol VI doesn’t appear as well in the sidebar upon stealth.

If you are out of combat and try to pursue a foe (who is out of combat too) and has swiftness on, you will not catch up to him with Fleet of Shadow.
BUT if you are both in combat, you will easily get him with Fleet of Shadow. Trust me, it works and it is a kitten good trait.

On a side note, as a P/D Thief, I have removed the speed signet from my utility bar in favor of Feet of Shadow. I find it an invaluable asset to a perma stealth thief.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Thief

Posted by: IDICERI.4268

IDICERI.4268

Thank you guys.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
Einstein

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

There’ve been other threads on that trait in the past, and unless they fixed it recently without putting it in any notes, it doesn’t make you move faster than Swiftness while in combat. That’s a misconception based on pure assumption that got passed around as fact.
You never move faster than 33% with it on. It’s been tested by multiple people, including myself.