Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

(edited by AikijinX.6258)

Thief Backstab [ Picture ]

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Grats to you! I could easily post screen shots of 20k+ backstabs. Doesn’t mean I want to run around with that much DA tho.

I hit an underleveled warrior for 24k with BS. 0/30/30/10/0 assasin signet, scholar runes and full zerker suit.

Those numbers are impossible in spvp btw, even with the signet build.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I’m sure you could probably land a 35K one given that you use full zerker ascended, a might stacking build via signets, bloodlust, force, and impact sigils(after using basilik) on a low level, naked warrior with frenzy.

in Thief

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

God…that reminds of the old Assassin’s Sigent. Getting like 13k – 15k Backstabs or GC Mesmers. In sPvP ofc.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in Thief

Posted by: Rastaman.9015

Rastaman.9015

I’m sure you could probably land a 35K one given that you use full zerker ascended, a might stacking build via signets, bloodlust, force, and impact sigils(after using basilik) on a low level, naked warrior with frenzy.

LMAO just keep adding on.

The class master. I enjoy all of the professions.

in Thief

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

These screenshots prove nothing. Sure BS needs adjustments because it is spammable from the perspective that D/D & D/P can stealth often enough to pull it off, but this proves nothing.

The Engineer/Warrior could have been your same build: glass cannon with hardly any Toughness to counter the hit — and that’s their fault.

I’m a Thief myself and NO D/D & D/P thief has EVER landed that on me. I run around with 2600 toughness and 3.3K attack. BS builds are a laughing joke to me and Black Powder dominates their one-trick-pony tactics.

Two screenshots from two players you took on that lacked a toughness build.

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

The Engineer/Warrior could have been your same build: glass cannon with hardly any Toughness to counter the hit — and that’s their fault.

Aditionally there are multiple WvW players running around with blue and green equipment which makes a big difference in damage taken no matter if they weren’t upleveled.

in Thief

Posted by: bladie.5084

bladie.5084

basilisk is still considered stone but can be stun break.

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

You guys make me lol. Especially you swinsk. I know I can produce much higher backstabs on a full glass cannon build nor did I have any scholar or ogre or ruby orbs, so hitting much higher is obviously possible due to good circumstances. Unfortunately I was not full glass. And nor do I need any negative feedback , Just wanted to show non believers from my last backstab thread.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

(edited by AikijinX.6258)

in Thief

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Dude, your inventory is full…

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

Dude, your inventory is full…

Too much WvW loot. Ganked and 2 shotted too many invaders.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

I feel you brah. That lvl 1 20 slot bag fills up b4 you even did the 25 stacks on coyotes.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

I feel you brah. That lvl 1 20 slot bag fills up b4 you even did the 25 stacks on coyotes.

Level 1s can’t run from me (;

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

I got a BS on a rabbit for 96K. I should be nerfed…

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Thief

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

The one against the warrior is quite high. What specs are you using ?

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in Thief

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

You could land a 50k.

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

30/30/10. Not fully trained for glass. And that last 10 does make a huge difference. In your backstab numbers. + if you traited for signets. You’d hit like a Mini Cooper. Not to mention a truck. but I like regaining intuitive after my CnD.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

First one was against a warrior(16.9k)
second one against an engineer(17.3k)
Whom both of them were level 80

maybe some of their armor was broken ?
i never seem to get so much on my pve mobs …

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

These screenshots prove nothing.

Yes it does.

It exists and it can be done.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

I really do hate the pessimistic non believers. If I wasn’t so lazy I would do a video, actually no.. Quite honestly I am on a laptop. And I can’t even record anything in good quality, hence the low quality in the pictures, and the TEAM COLOR OPTION:Everyone. The reason why I am green in the picture. So if I could show you through video I would. Sorry peeps. The best I can do is hope you guys either believe me or transfer to Kaineng and I’ll gladly show you, or better yet transfer to the opposing team to Kaineng.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Helcor.9527

Helcor.9527

15k+ hit using one button push with full zerkers and traited for damage is still over powered for any profession. Theres no logical argument against this.

in Thief

Master of Timespace.2548

30/30/10. Not fully trained for glass. And that last 10 does make a huge difference. In your backstab numbers. + if you traited for signets. You’d hit like a Mini Cooper. Not to mention a truck. but I like regaining intuitive after my CnD.

I see. Gotta try it myself soon too. By the way, in those picks you aren’t even using buff food. Did you have it at the time of getting those numbers?

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

I remember someone writing a detailed mathematical post on how much damage it’s possible to get out of backstab as a solo thief. And those numbers were much higher than what you’re doing here, but they required a setup no one is going to bother doing, so they won’t happen too often.

As people have stated, it’s rare to see anyone get off a BS that high. And the reason might be damaged gear, blue gear, frenzy (warrior) or any other debuff / buff that helped. WvW is a bad example unless you’re meeting someone, let them show their stats and then do a backstab to show us how deadly it can be….

I have never been hit by a backstab over 9k on any class – any build. So I’m still wondering where these mystical backstabbing thieves are…

Melder – Thief

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

I see. Gotta try it myself soon too. By the way, in those picks you aren’t even using buff food. Did you have it at the time of getting those numbers?

I don’t really like using food unless its for PVT GEAR Zerg fights. Can never have enough toughness in Zerg fights.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

I remember someone writing a detailed mathematical post on how much damage it’s possible to get out of backstab as a solo thief. And those numbers were much higher than what you’re doing here, but they required a setup no one is going to bother doing, so they won’t happen too often.

As people have stated, it’s rare to see anyone get off a BS that high. And the reason might be damaged gear, blue gear, frenzy (warrior) or any other debuff / buff that helped. WvW is a bad example unless you’re meeting someone, let them show their stats and then do a backstab to show us how deadly it can be….

I have never been hit by a backstab over 9k on any class – any build. So I’m still wondering where these mystical backstabbing thieves are…

I would gladly crit you (: e an opposing invader in WvW for Kaineng.
Either yaks bend or crystal desert

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Master of Timespace.2548

I don’t really like using food unless its for PVT GEAR Zerg fights. Can never have enough toughness in Zerg fights.

Hmm why not ? :p It’s a fine damage bonus for only several silver.

in Thief

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

What’s funny is that they say the other side deserved it because they were glass cannon. Let’s see giving warriors a magical invisible+teleport attack that crits your thief for 14k and you can’t do anything about it because you can’t target them.

In thief rationale, every glass cannon spec that isn’t a mesmer that can do the same thing to them should be on farm status for a thief, unable to even put up a fight.

Every 6 seconds you can pull off a BP blast field backstab on an opponent. No other class can burst that often and do so while being untargetable.

BUT SIDESTRAFE AND SWING WILDLY AT THE AIR GUYS MAYBE YOU’LL GET LUCKY AND HIT THE THIEF FOR 4K BEFORE HE HITS YOU FOR 8-12K.

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

BUT SIDESTRAFE AND SWING WILDLY AT THE AIR GUYS MAYBE YOU’LL GET LUCKY AND HIT THE THIEF FOR 4K BEFORE HE HITS YOU FOR 8-12K.

You seem made, died to a Thief lately?

HINT: Everything you just stated about the whole “every 6 seconds!!111” is impossible. Roll a Thief and learn to play.

To OP: These numbers were landed under exaggerated circumstances and you know it. You can’t just post a screenshot of a high hit and expect us to instantly believe you. You cannot hit that on a level 80 with exotics under anything but special circumstances. Record it (even your laptop will be able to record it, trust me) and upload it to YouTube and we’ll believe you.

Until then, quit trying to make us look even worse, and coming from a fellow Thief of all people.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in Thief

Posted by: Lenn.6347

Lenn.6347

15k+ hit using one button push with full zerkers and traited for damage is still over powered for any profession. Theres no logical argument against this.

these are obviously upleveled targets, with garbage armor. those numbers never realistically happen, and stupid threads like these only propagate such stupid rumors.

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

It`s not one button, even a 12 year old can get that. It used to be much higher, it got nerfed more than once, so your QQ is unwarranted. Can`t be pulled off on anything than another glass cannon. Can`t be pulled off in spvp. Can be countered with literally ONE button: your stun breaker. It leaves you naked since you waste everything on a gamble.

lol

For a single strike, it’s way too much damage coming from something that is completely invisible to the opponent. Not to mention that the thief is hardly “completely naked” – thieves have way too much escape potential in WvW. It blows my mind that anyone can actually think otherwise after actually playing as or against a thief for any reasonable amount of time.

I can kill thieves pretty easily on my warrior (which is considered lowest tier for PvP), especially D/D Thieves. The ones I have trouble with the most is D/P, but I can still get em down pretty fast by whacking them outside of Blinding Powder or using Whirlwind through it.

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

these are obviously upleveled targets, with garbage armor. those numbers never realistically happen, and stupid threads like these only propagate such stupid rumors.

So basically what you’re telling me is. you don’t know how to play thief? I keep telling people to transfer to kaineng, or be crystal desert or yaks bend. I’ll gladly show the non-believers. As for recording, as i said. My laptop cant handle it.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Lenn.6347

So basically what you’re telling me is. you don’t know how to play thief? I keep telling people to transfer to kaineng, or be crystal desert or yaks bend. I’ll gladly show the non-believers. As for recording, as i said. My laptop cant handle it.

calling your BS doesn’t have anything to do with my “knowledge or skill” of a fully geared thief of my own that never hits anywhere near that hard except on underleveled, low hp, jello shot builds.

a “normal” bs will hit anywhere from 3-7 depending on the target at 80. 16 on a full fledged, properly geared 80 is physically impossible without rigging the shot; which youve conveniently left your target out of.

dont insult people who call BS just because you have no real proof to back up your kitten thread

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

You guys make me lol. Especially you swinsk. I know I can produce much higher backstabs on a full glass cannon build nor did I have any scholar or ogre or ruby orbs, so hitting much higher is obviously possible due to good circumstances. Unfortunately I was not full glass. And nor do I need any negative feedback , Just wanted to show non believers from my last backstab thread.

aik is right here. i run beryl orbs and half valkyrie gear and i get over 20k backstabs easily. 30k is realistic i believe. run 30 30 0 0 10 dagger 5% dmg 5 might per sig 20% dmg under 50% hp 5% dmg from rear/side all zerk gear/accs with scholar runes sigil of night 25 stacks of bloodlust 22 stacks of might (max for thief) mast main oil and curry food. (opponent is also under 50% for BS strike) and wearing non toughness armor. and its a given around 30k

in Thief

Travlane.5948

calling your BS doesn’t have anything to do with my “knowledge or skill” of a fully geared thief of my own that never hits anywhere near that hard except on underleveled, low hp, jello shot builds.

a “normal” bs will hit anywhere from 3-7 depending on the target at 80. 16 on a full fledged, properly geared 80 is physically impossible without rigging the shot; which youve conveniently left your target out of.

dont insult people who call BS just because you have no real proof to back up your kitten thread

would u like me to show you some video ? ive gotten 18k on toughness engineers.
i run 16k hp backstab and still get over 20k on reg builds. if u like i can set up to do 30k ish? problem is that if i get a zerk build my CND usually kills them ive done 20k heartseekers too.

in Thief

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

I can kill thieves pretty easily on my warrior (which is considered lowest tier for PvP), especially D/D Thieves. The ones I have trouble with the most is D/P, but I can still get em down pretty fast by whacking them outside of Blinding Powder or using Whirlwind through it.

Oh I can definitely take out the ones that want to stick around and fight my warrior instead of running for the hills. What I find irritating is that these players can jump in during a heavy battle, start dealing thousands of damage in a second to someone, and then get away with about no risk. There also exists the fact that a thief can turn invisible and run with almost a 100% success rate whenever they start to lose…only to be waiting around to annoy you, your allies, or your supply. Fighting them in most cases feels entirely pointless.

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

I don’t say this often.. Well quite frankly you will be the first I say this to. L2P. It is possible. If you learn your thief you will know how to produce those numbers. My only toon is a thief so he is my only priority. Unlike some who roll 3 or more classes. If you are only capable of producing “3-7k” crits while fully berserker geared/traited there is something wrong with your play style. As I said skill comes into play. And I am not a signet thief. That is not how I produced my numbers. In deadly arts – Mug, dagger training, improvisation. Critical strikes- furious retaliation, practiced tolerance, executioner. Shadow arts- infusion of shadows. Sigil of force offhand), and sigil of impact.(main hand) runes of infiltration (x5) with x1 ruby orb. I do not proc my assassin signet active, I only use passive. Hence the reason it was not activated in the pictures, and you see the other CD’s. Get your target 75%hp then CnD +steal combo. Do not Open with the combo. And position yourself behind the targets back accordingly.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: AmuseDarkly.2430

AmuseDarkly.2430

You seem made, died to a Thief lately?

HINT: Everything you just stated about the whole “every 6 seconds!!111” is impossible. Roll a Thief and learn to play.

To OP: These numbers were landed under exaggerated circumstances and you know it. You can’t just post a screenshot of a high hit and expect us to instantly believe you. You cannot hit that on a level 80 with exotics under anything but special circumstances. Record it (even your laptop will be able to record it, trust me) and upload it to YouTube and we’ll believe you.

Until then, quit trying to make us look even worse, and coming from a fellow Thief of all people.

Have a thief. D/P faceroll backstab spec.

Have a BM bunker ranger whenever I feel like not getting gibbed by a thief. Not that you can kill a thief if he doesn’t want to die — you can just deny him the kill.

L2sthu

I’ll second this. The whole “roll a thief and l2p” is getting old. We DO roll thieves, we DO learn the specs and what they can do. We are AMAZED at how much easier it is to get same result.
Those of you blowing up the “bads” with your d/p specs, try doing it with same effort input on a warrior. You’ll struggle.
The only other class I tried that is comparable is mesmer clonespam.
A bad thief is dangerous, an average thief a bit of handful. A good thief is a NIGHTMARE. That is not because of their skills per se, because of how stealth works.

in Thief

Lenn.6347

I don’t say this often.. Well quite frankly you will be the first I say this to. L2P.

the first sentence of this quote just goes to show how much you lack in the department of intelligence. physically impossible numbers have nothing to do with “skill,” “class knowledge,” or “learning how to play,” and you’d have to be a dolt to think it does.

the fact of the matter is, extremely rigged screenshots without your target, their conditions, your boons, and just a flat out number does not prove:

A. the target wasn’t upleveled
B. a low armor class to begin with
C. max might stacks
D. any form of vulnerability

i’ve been hit by many a number of fully geared thieves, none hitting any higher than 7, i’m one myself, i rarely see over 10, and if i do, it’s on targets that shouldn’t be in wvw to begin with.

your ego is appalling and unsightly, i’d suggest losing it, until you have a reason to have one; rather than just spilling random terminology that still doesnt add up to proper numbers on a real 80 target without rigging the shot.

in Thief

Posted by: dovrak.4376

dovrak.4376

Good job pressing 1 key. How did you that? Could you make a video and a guide? Please boss?

in Thief

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

How can you get 17k? I have a full zerker build and can barely hit 10k.

in Thief

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

i remember someone posting a 35k one but it was set up

in Thief

Posted by: Faeyd.5094

Faeyd.5094

Oh I can definitely take out the ones that want to stick around and fight my warrior instead of running for the hills. What I find irritating is that these players can jump in during a heavy battle, start dealing thousands of damage in a second to someone, and then get away with about no risk. There also exists the fact that a thief can turn invisible and run with almost a 100% success rate whenever they start to lose…only to be waiting around to annoy you, your allies, or your supply. Fighting them in most cases feels entirely pointless.

So if they stay, they die. Wonder why they use stealth and stuff?

Tiger

in Thief

Travlane.5948

I don’t say this often.. Well quite frankly you will be the first I say this to. L2P.

the first sentence of this quote just goes to show how much you lack in the department of intelligence. physically impossible numbers have nothing to do with “skill,” “class knowledge,” or “learning how to play,” and you’d have to be a dolt to think it does.

the fact of the matter is, extremely rigged screenshots without your target, their conditions, your boons, and just a flat out number does not prove:

A. the target wasn’t upleveled
B. a low armor class to begin with
C. max might stacks
D. any form of vulnerability

i’ve been hit by many a number of fully geared thieves, none hitting any higher than 7, i’m one myself, i rarely see over 10, and if i do, it’s on targets that shouldn’t be in wvw to begin with.

your ego is appalling and unsightly, i’d suggest losing it, until you have a reason to have one; rather than just spilling random terminology that still doesnt add up to proper numbers on a real 80 target without rigging the shot.

there ya go buddy thats against a full exotic lvl 80 engineer with a toughness healing condi build i believe. nothing rigged as u will see. magic right? against a non toughness build im doing over 20k. oh not just that i dont have full zerk gear. i run vitality on alot of it . bleh bleh bleh . hot air to shoot this down now? care to try sit there and let me take a hit?

EDIT: (before you say it) yes i do realize hes standign there and i can go make a video of doing the same in a duel….just steal and BV is still game over.

ps to all the thieves. if u run this build u can mow down mesmers FAST lol i challenged a guild mesmer who is rather good in dueling to a fight. i said ill only use auto attack…:) i won so fast but only had 30% hp left. each clone/phant was a 1 hit kill and once those were dead there wasnt much he could do….just auto attack mind you. once CND +HS is good game.

(edited by Travlane.5948)

in Thief

Travlane.5948

How can you get 17k? I have a full zerker build and can barely hit 10k.

a thief can almsot instantly stack 22 mights and if u kill coyotes before you go out you also have 25 bloodlust. i do that almost everytime i go out as a roamer…regardless of class…

in Thief

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

“Yak’s Bend Invader hits you for 178 using Throw Rock”

I lol’d right there, classic.

in Thief

Posted by: omfgvexer.8705

omfgvexer.8705

let me start off by saying to all those people who are linking that youtube video of that backstab. My main is a thief and i watched that video over and over a couple of times, do you realize how MUCH survivability that guy has sacrificed in order to basically be a one trick pony?? ALL THAT GUY CAN DO IS A NICE BACKSTAB. he can probably take about 4 hits in pvp then hes dead, he has absolutely no escape tools…no CC breaks, can remove ONE condition every 30+ seconds oh and sorry he can blind a SINGLE enemy every 30+ seconds…yea real OP guys

in Thief

Posted by: Hostility.4961

Hostility.4961

let me start off by saying to all those people who are linking that youtube video of that backstab. My main is a thief and i watched that video over and over a couple of times, do you realize how MUCH survivability that guy has sacrificed in order to basically be a one trick pony?? ALL THAT GUY CAN DO IS A NICE BACKSTAB. he can probably take about 4 hits in pvp then hes dead, he has absolutely no escape tools…no CC breaks, can remove ONE condition every 30+ seconds oh and sorry he can blind a SINGLE enemy every 30+ seconds…yea real OP guys

Do you realize that IF he purpously halved his dmg with backstab it would STILL be too much? Most classes unless high tier base hp cant take it even at half! If i run full vit gear and trait im at around 22k hp and it still wont help! Dont tell me get toughness cause it wont help much. Iv ran 3900 armor against thieves in real www and still Hs spammed for 4k crits. Thats like 3sec down to half hp if i cant dodge.

And no thieves are not giving up any survivability as long as they can stealth and move away out of action. Do your 20k combo and get out of action to full hp.

Thieves should be bursty and agile but this current state is beyond the definition of burst imo.

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

And no thieves are not giving up any survivability as long as they can stealth and move away out of action. Do your 20k combo and get out of action to full hp.

How? Ini left to do 1 medium range blink, no swiftness, no target to stealth from, if I’m using bow to get out I can’t stealth, steal on cd, etc. Now watch that 20k burst and now imagine you’re a guardian. You just avoided that burst just by being what you are. Any other class might need to use a dodge or a block but the fact is EVERY class can avoid that damage easily. All you need to do is survive for 5 seconds, 5 SECONDS until ALL the might wears off. After that, you’re left with a low ini thief with no way to escape and where his heal is down.

Please do try to play thief before you complain about them…

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

(edited by randomfightfan.4091)

in Thief

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

Do you realize that IF he purpously halved his dmg with backstab it would STILL be too much? Most classes unless high tier base hp cant take it even at half! If i run full vit gear and trait im at around 22k hp and it still wont help! Dont tell me get toughness cause it wont help much. Iv ran 3900 armor against thieves in real www and still Hs spammed for 4k crits. Thats like 3sec down to half hp if i cant dodge.

Thieves should be bursty and agile but this current state is beyond the definition of burst imo.

Give me 25 stacks of might and 25 stacks of bloodlust on my Necromancer, and I’ll down zergs by myself.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Thief

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

Give me 25 stacks of might and 25 stacks of bloodlust on my Necromancer, and I’ll down zergs by myself.

Seriously. I love how people are acting as if no other classes in the game can stack Bloodlust/Might/Zerker/etc and do a lot of damage.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.