Thief Backstab [ Picture ]

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

let me start off by saying to all those people who are linking that youtube video of that backstab. My main is a thief and i watched that video over and over a couple of times, do you realize how MUCH survivability that guy has sacrificed in order to basically be a one trick pony?? ALL THAT GUY CAN DO IS A NICE BACKSTAB. he can probably take about 4 hits in pvp then hes dead, he has absolutely no escape tools…no CC breaks, can remove ONE condition every 30+ seconds oh and sorry he can blind a SINGLE enemy every 30+ seconds…yea real OP guys

my video….and yes we know that it was the max dmg backstab build. and its more of a dueling base for crazy dmg. ive played immortal mesmer wit this and a few other classes. if u change all the utilities for like shadowstep….roi…..infil sig…..and use d/d and s/d then its amazing. i literally played a few mesmers and challenged them to a fight using NOTHING other than auto attack and utterly destroyed them. i was at like 30% hp everytime i won but all the clones were 1 sec kills. use sig of rage on each set plus the one in traits etc. but yeah in pvp/wvw its pretty much = death. still fun to go just gank somebody in one hit tho.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

i really gotta say either drop 10 in shadow arts or acro bc you really want 30 in crit (imo) bc of hidden killer….ur not going to hit that hard with this b uild unless ur really runnin full berserker so u wreally want that hard hit in stealth.

in Thief

Posted by: Hostility.4961

Hostility.4961

And no thieves are not giving up any survivability as long as they can stealth and move away out of action. Do your 20k combo and get out of action to full hp.

How? Ini left to do 1 medium range blink, no swiftness, no target to stealth from, if I’m using bow to get out I can’t stealth, steal on cd, etc. Now watch that 20k burst and now imagine you’re a guardian. You just avoided that burst just by being what you are. Any other class might need to use a dodge or a block but the fact is EVERY class can avoid that damage easily. All you need to do is survive for 5 seconds, 5 SECONDS until ALL the might wears off. After that, you’re left with a low ini thief with no way to escape and where his heal is down.

Please do try to play thief before you complain about them…

You tellin me u cant gain distance or intitiative or stealth as a thief after a backstab? k…lol
No traits no dodge, smoke fields or anything nope nada. Backstab and ur at 1 initiative and cant move for 5 seconds. *rolls eyes

in Thief

Posted by: eldain stenlund.4306

eldain stenlund.4306

ok… fun tread.. and just shows what i have in another…

Thieves need a massive nerf..
Or armors need a very big buff in natural resists.

and also explains why i died on my warrior before i even saw what happened.
“iam running in wvw… i see my ppl on map at a tower, i run towards it…
2 – 3 seconds later…iam watching wich respawn point i want”…

Great.. i just got 3 hitted by a thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

ok… fun tread.. and just shows what i have in another…

Thieves need a massive nerf..
Or armors need a very big buff in natural resists.

and also explains why i died on my warrior before i even saw what happened.
“iam running in wvw… i see my ppl on map at a tower, i run towards it…
2 – 3 seconds later…iam watching wich respawn point i want”…

Great.. i just got 3 hitted by a thief…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endure_Pain
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defy_Pain_

There ya go, take the QQ whining elsewhere now

in Thief

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Hahaha. So if someone can do massive damage in 1 attack then it’s broken right? So warriors are broken with killshot. It has massive damage AND works at HUGE range! nerf warrior kthx http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kill_Shot

in Thief

Posted by: EvisceratriX.1750

EvisceratriX.1750

14k backstab
http://i.imgur.com/qWfP5yk.jpg

14k backstab
http://i.imgur.com/vYPqMHx.jpg

13k heartseeker on a mesmer
http://i.imgur.com/yHmmtfi.jpg

16k backstab on Engineer
http://i.imgur.com/oR0VQgy.jpg

some backstabs I did past few weeks

you can check out my backstab guide amateur made
http://evisceratrix.webs.com/apps/blog/entries/show/27392167-guild-wars-2-backstab-thief-guide

build and explanations added in there.

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER!
http://twitch.tv/evisceratrixtv

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

And no thieves are not giving up any survivability as long as they can stealth and move away out of action. Do your 20k combo and get out of action to full hp.

How? Ini left to do 1 medium range blink, no swiftness, no target to stealth from, if I’m using bow to get out I can’t stealth, steal on cd, etc. Now watch that 20k burst and now imagine you’re a guardian. You just avoided that burst just by being what you are. Any other class might need to use a dodge or a block but the fact is EVERY class can avoid that damage easily. All you need to do is survive for 5 seconds, 5 SECONDS until ALL the might wears off. After that, you’re left with a low ini thief with no way to escape and where his heal is down.

You tellin me u cant gain distance or intitiative or stealth as a thief after a backstab? k…lol
No traits no dodge, smoke fields or anything nope nada. Backstab and ur at 1 initiative and cant move for 5 seconds. *rolls eyes

So fail… the build you quoted was 30-30-0-0-10 with full signets and all the signets activated. Where is the trait for dodging? Where is the trait for ini on invis? Where is the shadowstep skill? Where is the smoke field from d/d? Oh right, there is none. Fail post is fail.

Attachments:

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

(edited by randomfightfan.4091)

in Thief

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Hahaha. So if someone can do massive damage in 1 attack then it’s broken right? So warriors are broken with killshot. It has massive damage AND works at HUGE range! nerf warrior kthx http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kill_Shot

Tooltip ignores weapon damage. Actual damage for level 3 adrenaline is about 1276.

GIANT.

The warrior will kneel and must stay still during the activation of the skill, making the attack rather predictable.

Oh woah, that’s the same as them being COMPLETELY INVISIBLE.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Tooltip ignores weapon damage. Actual damage for level 3 adrenaline is about 1276.

GIANT.

The warrior will kneel and must stay still during the activation of the skill, making the attack rather predictable.

A thief fighting you 1v1 or 1v5 or w/e is 100x easier to see and counter than a warrior doing killshot from the middle of a zerg.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

in Thief

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

GIANT.

A thief fighting you 1v1 or 1v5 or w/e is 100x easier to see and counter than a warrior doing killshot from the middle of a zerg.

I can actually confirm that, when I first started doing WvW, I was on my necromancer, and we were attacking bay. When we were heading towards the NPC champ room I lost 80%-90% of my health all of a sudden. No enemy was around me, I was confused, and was forced to go into Death Shroud. Then I saw the warriors at the back.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Thief

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

Ok, Thiefy hit hard a couple of times… Soooo what? It’s not that other classes can’t hit that hard (or even higher).

Should I post some screenshots of Warry’s killshots or Mesmy’s shatters to make you feel better? Any class can spec to ‘overload’ a given skill to hit for ridiculous amounts of damage.

So what’s your point? That you specced to get high backstabs and you got -gasp- high backstabs?

in Thief

Posted by: eldain stenlund.4306

eldain stenlund.4306

Ok, Thiefy hit hard a couple of times… Soooo what? It’s not that other classes can’t hit that hard (or even higher).

Should I post some screenshots of Warry’s killshots or Mesmy’s shatters to make you feel better? Any class can spec to ‘overload’ a given skill to hit for ridiculous amounts of damage.

So what’s your point? That you specced to get high backstabs and you got -gasp- high backstabs?

Your attack is INVISIBLE… whats so hard to understand ???

You know.. people can NOT see you anymore… your gone… your not there…
There is no way to counter… its… not… visible…

Kill shot IS VISIBLE… Stationary… requires 3 stack adrenaline.

Iam starting to think we have a zombie appocalypse…
some ppl seem totaly braindead…

(edited by eldain stenlund.4306)

in Thief

Posted by: Hostility.4961

Hostility.4961

So fail… the build you quoted was 30-30-0-0-10 with full signets and all the signets activated. Where is the trait for dodging? Where is the trait for ini on invis? Where is the shadowstep skill? Where is the smoke field from d/d? Oh right, there is none. Fail post is fail.

Heres a thought… save ONE utility slot for any of the following:

Roll for initiative? Shadow step utility? Or create a smoke field with Smoke Screen? Hell even shadow refuge as obvious as it is would help.

Orrrr you could use the third signet to blind, then double dodge. Orrrr use your heals to either dodge or stealth. Too much choice really. One slot to do a 20k cnd bs combo and gtfo. But ya no thief would ever play with one utility slot as escape nope.
17k backstab down to what 15.5-16k at most with 175 less power from 5 stacks less?
Still too much burst in www. The target ..just received 20k dmg within 2-3 sec Most ppl cant tank that and either die or start to heal up wich takes time.

I dunno mate thats like one slot with a ton of choice to gtfo if u ask me. Most classes dont even have a solid one choice lol.
But ya go ahead nitpick and grab for straws in everything ppl say bout thievs Try playing other classes maybe see how it is?

Also this talk about kill shot lol…i got 1500+ hours of www zerg t1 fighting iv received a kill shot maybe 5 times in all those hours. Fought a thief and the op dmg allot more than that tho.

in Thief

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

@ eldain stenlund.4306 and Hostility.4961

You know why this isn’t such a viable build? Especially 1vX.

1 – Those who do that much damage, don’t have stealth traited, nor dodge. Their vitality is quite low and their toughness is composed of toilet paper.
2 – If they play D/D, they will have a hard time landing a CnD against any good player.
3 – I presume it will be safer to play D/P to be able to sneak towards their opponents easier. But then they won’t have CnD.
4 – Stealth doesn’t mean they are invincible to CC/conditions/AOE/autoattack. They don’t have any counter for any of the above.
5 – 4 seconds revealed will be your longest 4 seconds in the whole world when you are attacking more than one player!!! Heck sometimes even with more mobility+survivability it will be hard enough to live through the 4 seconds revealed, depends on the situation of course.
6 – You need to hit from the back to achieve such damage, or it will be way WAY less.
7 – Forget about zergs.
8 – Don’t even think about dungeons.

So yeah, even if such build exists, I would never play it on my thief. This will limit my thief capabilities to 1v1.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Thief

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

Your attack is INVISIBLE… whats so hard to understand ???

You know.. people can NOT see you anymore… your gone… your not there…
There is no way to counter… its… not… visible…

Kill shot IS VISIBLE… Stationary… requires 3 stack adrenaline.

Iam starting to think we have a zombie appocalypse…
some ppl seem totaly braindead…

Oh! The dagger wielding thief just dissapeared in front of me!!!

OMG!!! What is he gonna do???!!! I don’t see anything!! I have no idea of what’s he’s going to do with that dagger in his main hand!!!!

Let’s see… He could use it to cut some pizzas… or he could use it to clean the grime under his nails…. But I don’t see anything!!!! I don’t know what he could be doing right now!!!

I have an idea! I’ll better remain stationary without attacking and without using any skills until he appears again, that way, i’ll know for sure what to do!!!! Ha ha!… take that thiefy, you can’t beat my supreme intellect !!!!!

BTW, yeah, warry killshot is super-visible from the middle of a zerg or when you are focused fighting another one…. Neon lights hover over his head, and everyone around him becomes traslucent so you can clearly see him aligning the shot from 1500 range.

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Why is everyone still arguing on my thread 0_0.

/closed

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Travlane.5948

tinyurl.com/lqtj4ef winner winner?

in Thief