Thief CC Traits?

Thief CC Traits?

in Thief

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

Recently I was involved in an attempt at the Tangled Depths meta that almost succeeded. It’s failure was blamed on people CC’ing the boss monsters and thus reducing their defiance bar to zero. For those that don’t know, when the defiance bars on these monsters goes to zero, they change their behavior and become very difficult to defeat.

People were told not to use fighting skills that could lower the defiance bar, but one source of this undesired CC wasn’t fighting skills at all, but traits. For example, maybe there is a trait for some class that does a knockback on a critical hit. That’s just something I made up just now which may or may not really exist.

So, my question is this: Are there any Thief traits that would lower a defiance bar even when used with a fighting skill that normally doesn’t lower the bar?

Part 2: Also, on a related note, which 1-10 Thief skills lower the defiance bar? I know that for offhand pistol, pistol skill 4 (headshot) and also scorpion wire lower the defiance bar. Someone said that basilisk venom does as well.

Thief CC Traits?

in Thief

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

thief has a trait for daze on steal, and I also believe there’s an immobilise on <50% health targets trait to.

in terms of skills, there’s a few. off the top of my head, I’d say:
Scorpion Wire
Basalisk Venom
Palm Strike
Bandit’s Defence (if hit)
Impact Strike (first two parts)
Devourer Venom
Signet of Shadows active? (can’t recall how blind is handled.)
Caltrops (traited and skilled)
Head Shot
Body Shot
Dancing Dagger
Weakening Strikes

basically, anything that applies hard or soft CC will damage a breakbar. so anything that applies knockbacks, knockdowns, launches, pulls, stuns, dazes, immobilise, cripple, blind (I think, not 100% here), or weakness.

Thief CC Traits?

in Thief

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

You should put some differences between disable ( bs needed ) or not ( bs not needed, but harder to play with it ).