Thief DPS Build In Action 7sec Kill

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Anything is viable in Pve imo.. I’ll run anything at least once.

PvE elitists are pretty funny, optimizing their specs for top damage which is fine but then they claim it’s the only thing that’s viable when pretty much anything is viable in lol PvE.

There was that 1 LS where berserker stat helps but considering there isn’t a time limit on any content, you don’t need full “berserker” to be viable.

There needs to be more hard content in PvE like liadri where full berserker isn’t automatically the best choice.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Once the optimal is known, there is only one viable.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

in Thief

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

Anything is viable in Pve imo.. I’ll run anything at least once.

PvE elitists are pretty funny, optimizing their specs for top damage which is fine but then they claim it’s the only thing that’s viable when pretty much anything is viable in lol PvE.

There was that 1 LS where berserker stat helps but considering there isn’t a time limit on any content, you don’t need full “berserker” to be viable.

There needs to be more hard content in PvE like liadri where full berserker isn’t automatically the best choice.

Did you even kill liadri? Berserker was the best gear for killing her. Anet makes it very obvious they berserker is superior to all other stats in PvE.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Optimal for what?

Let me answer for you – optimal for an organized group for a speed run.

I only PUG so that full zerk thing will never be optimal for me. I go in a PUG with the intent to be able to solo everything even if something goes wrong.

Did you even kill liadri? Berserker was the best gear for killing her. Anet makes it very obvious they berserker is superior to all other stats in PvE.

Yep, berserker was not the best for Liadri. P/D condi was the best and almost noone used berserker for doing the achievement with 8 orbs.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in Thief

Clumsy.6257

Optimal for what?

I only PUG so that full zerk thing will never be optimal for me.

Yep, berserker was not the best for Liadri. P/D condi was the best and almost noone used berserker for doing the achievement with 8 orbs.

P/d wasn’t the best, shortbow was much better, or s/d which was better than both but very hard to use. And berserker is the optimal gear in all party situations, if you can’t run it in a pug then your doing it wrong.

edit: s/d or s/p depending on your preference

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Optimal for what?

P/d wasn’t the best, shortbow was much better, or s/d which was better than both but very hard to use. And berserker is the optimal gear in all party situations, if you can’t run it in a pug then your doing it wrong.

Yea right, I didn’t see any vids with shortbow or s/d doing it in a timely manner. I actually only found 1 vid doing it with full zerk stats and shortbow and the time was even slower than mine. P/D was obviously the best for liadri with something like 70% of all people using it and the only vid on doing the 8 orb achieve was with P/D.

And berserker is the optimal gear in all party situations, if you can’t run it in a pug then your doing it wrong.

You really can’t prove this at all. It’s just your opinion.

All is vain.

in Thief

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Optimal for what?

It’s best for pugs too.

Your argument is like the old joke, “You aren’t ‘stuck in traffic,’ you ARE traffic.” Except in your case it’s, “You aren’t in a bad pug, you ARE the bad pug.”

Death and Taxes [DnT]

in Thief

Posted by: Erebus.9276

Erebus.9276

Doing more damage > doing less damage. Its the same pug vs speedclear.

Casual Dungeon Thief

Card ~> Thief | Casual Card ~> Mesmer

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Optimal for what?

It’s best for pugs too.

Your argument is like the old joke, “You aren’t ‘stuck in traffic,’ you ARE traffic.” Except in your case it’s, “You aren’t in a bad pug, you ARE the bad pug.”

You really have no way of proving this. We’ll have to agree to disagree.

Doing more damage > doing less damage. Its the same pug vs speedclear.

You do no damage when you’re dead.

All is vain.

in Thief

Erebus.9276

Then don’t die? If you’re relying on people to carry you to not die maybe you should learn to play?

Casual Dungeon Thief

(edited by Erebus.9276)

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Then don’t die? If you’re relying on people to carry you to not dir maybe you should learn to play?

So you’re saying you can use full zerk and glass build in any dungeon/fractal and never die even with a bad PUG? I find that hard to believe. That’s something like avoiding every hit.

Even if that’s true, all ANET needs to do is put in some harder content in the next patch then you’re boned.

All is vain.

in Thief

Clumsy.6257

Optimal for what?

It’s best for pugs too.

You really have no way of proving this. We’ll have to agree to disagree.

You see actually we do. Your not running berserkers.

Then don’t die? If you’re relying on people to carry you to not dir maybe you should learn to play?

So you’re saying you can use full zerk and glass build in any dungeon/fractal and never die even with a bad PUG? I find that hard to believe. That’s something like avoiding every hit.

Even if that’s true, all ANET needs to do is put in some harder content in the next patch then you’re boned.

Actually its relatively easy to do this. In fact I’d say I could nearly afk and do this. Wait… I do afk and do this.

edit: not true afk, 2nd monitor = netflix

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

That relies on the flawed assumption that berserker is the best for all situations.

Actually its relatively easy to do this. In fact I’d say I could nearly afk and do this. Wait… I do afk and do this.

Okay let’s see you solo Horace and the 3 champions that comes before with full zerk and glass build.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Okay let’s see you solo Horace and the 3 champions that comes before with full zerk and glass build.

Let’s see you do it first.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

in Thief

Clumsy.6257

That relies on the flawed assumption that berserker is the best for all situations.

I actually had to wiki who horace was, and I’m not sure, I’ve never tried. Before I wiki’d him I had no idea he existed.

And its indisputable that berserkers is the best gear for all situations in pve and a good majority of all situations in WvW.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

And its indisputable that berserkers is the best gear for all situations in pve and a good majority of all situations in WvW.

How can you say that when you’re not sure if you can kill something in PvE? If berserker and full glass build is the best for all situations in PvE then you would say ofcourse I can kill it.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

Don’t be absurd; that’s easily disputable, if for no other reason than your definition of “best” is probably extremely specific.

in Thief

Clumsy.6257

How can you say that when you’re not sure if you can kill something in PvE? If berserker and full glass build is the best for all situations in PvE then you would say ofcourse I can kill it.

I didn’t say whether or not I could kill it, I said I’d never tried. Maybe you should go back a re-read my post.

Don’t be absurd; that’s easily disputable, if for no other reason than your definition of “best” is probably extremely specific.

Really? Name a set that can outperform berserkers and in what situation.

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Name a set that can outperform berserkers and in what situation.

“Longest surviving time while doing a rain dance with 3 ele’s taking turns in setting you on fire”: Valkyrie > Berserker (there are prolly better sets than valkyrie for this particular situation but meh)

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

(edited by Gwalchgwn.1659)

in Thief

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

Really? Name a set that can outperform berserkers and in what situation.

Not unless you define what you mean by “best”, which can mean anything.

in Thief

Erebus.9276

Pvt lets you eat a kick from lupi. It is therefore superior in this encounter.

Casual Dungeon Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

Why do you need defense?

you get in a fight with 4-5 risen and you are dead. that a reason enough?

if u count PVP you are dead in 1-2 seconds if in a 2 v 2 and 2-3 seconds in a 1v1.

So open world content and pvp are too difficult with a pve damage spec. Interesting.

we arent talking a dmg spec. 10 30 30 is a dmg spec. 25 30 0 0 15 signet build is a suicide spec which insanely high dmg hits….. big difference.

You are talking about a damage build. 10/30/30/0/0 (?) is NOT a viable PvE build. 25/30/0/0/15 or 30/30/0/0/10 are viable PvE builds.

edit: Just to sound like a broken record, if you have survivability problems with the 2 above builds, please for the love of [insert w/e here] re-roll to another class and quit giving thief a bad reputation.

signet build is NOT viable. there is NO build i can run that i wont win on.. see u in 6 hours. im NA . lemme guess ur EU?

in Thief

Erebus.9276

Why do you need defense?

if u count PVP you are dead in 1-2 seconds if in a 2 v 2 and 2-3 seconds in a 1v1.

So open world content and pvp are too difficult with a pve damage spec. Interesting.

we arent talking a dmg spec. 10 30 30 is a dmg spec. 25 30 0 0 15 signet build is a suicide spec which insanely high dmg hits….. big difference.

You are talking about a damage build. 10/30/30/0/0 (?) is NOT a viable PvE build. 25/30/0/0/15 or 30/30/0/0/10 are viable PvE builds.

edit: Just to sound like a broken record, if you have survivability problems with the 2 above builds, please for the love of [insert w/e here] re-roll to another class and quit giving thief a bad reputation.

signet build is NOT viable. there is NO build i can run that i wont win on.. see u in 6 hours. im NA . lemme guess ur EU?

So you’ll run traitless and armorless since that’s a viable play how you want build. Can you still win? Your fight is vs me fyi. Looking forward to it.

Casual Dungeon Thief

in Thief

Clumsy.6257

Why do you need defense?

1. Not a signet build (although in a situation where none of the other skills are required signets work great).
2. Any build that isn’t one of those 2 will lose.
3. That wasn’t me, but feel free to pm me and we can see who can kill w/e faster

in Thief

Posted by: makiface.3286

makiface.3286

You’re all ridiculous. Who cares? The challenge was “How fast can you kill this guy?”

Mission Accomplished.

/thread

Go someplace else with your posturing and semantics.

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Yeah, flex those kittens…so hot <3

LOL

in Thief

Posted by: The Kape.3672

The Kape.3672

I recorded an approximate 6 second kill with Thief last night. There is some room for improvement, so if anyone wants to challenge I’ll be looking forward to it.

Thanks for your @7 sec

[WHAT] http://gw2what.shivtr.com
Your Home Hardcore PvE Guild focused in doing Speed/Record Runs & Guild Missions!

in Thief

Travlane.5948

http://youtu.be/YxgikjrzD10

no way this build will beat any real thief. taking daughter to xmas lights in capital but back around 8pm if u wanna try use that d/d signet/haste build to beat any real thief build. id give that build a 5% chance at victory….

in Thief

The Kape.3672

Your Home Hardcore PvE Guild focused in doing Speed/Record Runs & Guild Missions!

in Thief

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

http://youtu.be/BPBWzV4pGKY

2.5s kill with Thief. GZ to brazil

Death and Taxes [DnT]

in Thief

The Kape.3672

hope you two feel happy …

in Thief

Travlane.5948

http://youtu.be/BPBWzV4pGKY

2.5s kill with Thief. GZ to brazil

thats an eleif kil. half ele half thief. def not considered thief. lol nice 1 tho.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

lol that’s gonna get ele FGS nerfed.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

seems legit

in Thief

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

Looks like the thief just picked up an environmental weapon.

in Thief

The Kape.3672

That would be great actualy just to stop seeing the QQ people.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

That would be great actualy just to stop seeing the QQ people.

had to read that 6×..... can u clarify?

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

More than doable. A Pistol Whip build would demolish all 4.

Actually, a PW build demolishes most dungeons that can be soloed (don’t have group-forced elements like consoles to activate at the same time).

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Actually, a PW build demolishes most dungeons that can be soloed (don’t have group-forced elements like consoles to activate at the same time).

I’d be interested in seeing that. That’s the build I tried (and failed with), but haven’t tried after the patch. Might be easier due to faster cast time of pistol whip.

I know it’s been done before with P/D, but definately not with S/P to my knowledge.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Did you even bother checking the video posted by dooooom (or something)

in Thief

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

PW has bad DPS, you’d be better off with assassins gear.

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

PW has bad DPS, you’d be better off with assassins gear.

Nevermind that PW isn’t “bad” DPS at all (not the highest, but not somehow dreadful either), and that I didn’t say anything about Assassin, Berserker or otherwise, but I refer to a PW build because it’s by far the easiest to solo with. You can basically evade absolutely everything without many dodge rolls and keep the DPS going during the evade frames, especially now that the rhythm is much smoother from the aftercast reduction.

Example of what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y3izc58BUI&feature=youtu.be&t=12m57s

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

in Thief

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

Optimal for what?

I only PUG so that full zerk thing will never be optimal for me. I go in a PUG with the intent to be able to solo everything even if something goes wrong.

I just did a pug AC story and then AC1/2 in full zerk with 2 lvl 48’s and a 35 had little to no problems. I just explained everything clearly and they listened, being nice and helping people will get you a lot further than your “survivability” (which means nothing in this games PvE).

I Liadri in full zerk and got every achievement, that fight only separated those who could figure out fights and those that leans on the crutch that comes in the form of tankyness.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Optimal for what?

I just did a pug AC story and then AC1/2 in full zerk with 2 lvl 48’s and a 35 had little to no problems. I just explained everything clearly and they listened, being nice and helping people will get you a lot further than your “survivability” (which means nothing in this games PvE).

I Liadri in full zerk and got every achievement, that fight only separated those who could figure out fights and those that leans on the crutch that comes in the form of tankyness.

With a thief?

Just for the record I was talking about thief only, as zerk warrior is still tankier than a PVT thief. So going by your logic, playing a warrior is like relying on a crutch.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in Thief

Clumsy.6257

Optimal for what?

With a thief?

Just for the record I was talking about thief only, as zerk warrior is still tankier than a PVT thief. So going by your logic, playing a warrior is like relying on a crutch.

You say that likes it hard to not get downed on a full zerker thief. And tankiness is an illusion, having spent close to 1k hours on my warrior(s) and close to 1.5k hours on my thieves I can say that in equivalent gear (zerker+scholars), I find warrior to be much squishier than thief. If you think thief is squishy you should work on your playstyle.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

I find warrior to be much squishier than thief

You’re like the only person who thinks warrior is squishier than thief. I’m starting to suspect you’re sanduskel’s alt.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

While these tests aren’t extremely inaccurate or anything, there’s a much more direct way to calculate how much DPS total any class can do relative to other classes. It just requires a lot of math. And time.

Neither of which I’m in the mood to do.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Clumsy.6257

You’re like the only person who thinks warrior is squishier than thief. I’m starting to suspect you’re sanduskel’s alt.

its all about perspective, thief = invincible in nearly all trash mob situations (dredge being the only exception) plus the massive ar(censor)senal of evades, 30+ seconds of party-wide stealth, I don’t see how you could think thief is squishier than warrior

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

its all about perspective, thief = invincible in nearly all trash mob situations (dredge being the only exception) plus the massive ar(censor)senal of evades, 30+ seconds of party-wide stealth, I don’t see how you could think thief is squishier than warrior

Blind only works on trash…and they’re called trash for a reason, cuz they really are trash.
Disabling shot has delay due to aftercast, it’s not a very reliable evade. Same thing with flanking strike. IR was just nerfed. I’d rather have the high HP, armor, and healing signet instead of these unreliables evades.
Stealth is useful for skipping trash…..but skipping content is boring and not something I like doing anyways.
I don’t see how you can think warrior is squishier than thief.

All is vain.

in Thief

Clumsy.6257

Blind only works on trash…and they’re called trash for a reason, cuz they really are trash.
Disabling shot has delay due to aftercast, it’s not a very reliable evade. Same thing with flanking strike. IR was just nerfed. I’d rather have the high HP, armor, and healing signet instead of these unreliables evades.
Stealth is useful for skipping trash…..but skipping content is boring and not something I like doing anyways.
I don’t see how you can think warrior is squishier than thief.

1. Why are you using disabling shot?
2. While trash dies fast, warrior takes damage on trash while thief does not
3. IR????
4. Flanking strike/pistol whip are incredibly reliable
5. Hp is irrelevant, damage can be avoided
6. Armor is irrelevant, damage can be avoided
7. If damage can’t be avoided your not doing it right