Thief Dagger/Dagger any decent build?

in Thief

Posted by: PrimeEvil.2067

PrimeEvil.2067

Hello community when i browse the forums in the thief class i notice that all people seem only to rely on a build with D/P…im aiming for lots of damage, burst, a viable survival, etc but for a D/D build.

Anyone knows any decent or very good D/D build? Please if there are videos that explain the build please post the link here…

I really will appreciate some help…Thank you all in advance

Prime

in Thief

Posted by: JohnnyZero.5619

JohnnyZero.5619

There are plenty of tried and true D/D builds out there, a quick google search is all it takes to find them. That said, you may want to specify if this is for PvE, WvW or sPvP.

I Lynna I – Thief / Clownshooz – Engineer
Turbo Seksophonic – Ele / Guitar Wolfe – Mesmer
Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

People who keep telling you to go D/P (Like myself, in the last thread you posted concerning D/D builds) aren’t doing so to screw with you. Check any of the stickied thief guides if you desperately want D/D for stylistic reasonss.

But if you want “Lots of Damage, burst, a viable survival, etc”, you want D/P. D/D is a clearly inferior set for what you want.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Posted by: Dakarius.3284

Dakarius.3284

x/30/30/x/x

is fairly good for spvp (can’t say for tpvp) put the 10 extra points where ever you want, though I prefer to get mug.

Grab the healing trait from 30 pts in shadow as well as the condition removal and you’ll have yourself a fairly sustainable build that can output 5-7k backstabs depending on gear/target.

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

People who keep telling you to go D/P (Like myself, in the last thread you posted concerning D/D builds) aren’t doing so to screw with you. Check any of the stickied thief guides if you desperately want D/D for stylistic reasonss.

But if you want “Lots of Damage, burst, a viable survival, etc”, you want D/P. D/D is a clearly inferior set for what you want.

Actaully, I go with both DD and DP in the same build, I fight mesmers better with DD as well as necros and warriors. The other three classes I fight better with DP with the execption of eles since I use whatever on them, normally i dont fight them because I literally cannot kill a dd ele. I just dont fight them

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

D/P is a much stronger set for dueling than D/D. D/D bursts harder but you rarely get to take advantage of that outside of a team fight.

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Maybe I’m just really biased, but D/D builds are decent, but that’s about it. If you want to get into higher-level play, nearly any other weaponset will suit you better.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Posted by: Alaclis.6579

Alaclis.6579

Alaclis – Thief 80
Millenium Old School [MoS] – Vizunah Square

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

any x/x/x/x/x build. then press 2 2 2 2

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: WonderfulCT.6278

WonderfulCT.6278

I find D/D works more effectively with bursts.

I can’t see how a D/P thief can outburst a D/D but w/e.

If you’re trying for a condition build death blossom can work but I can’t recommend it.

Add more sound effects to The Minstrel plz.

in Thief

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

I find D/D works more effectively with bursts.

I can’t see how a D/P thief can outburst a D/D but w/e.

If you’re trying for a condition build death blossom can work but I can’t recommend it.

It doesn’t outburst D/D. However when you think about it you don’t miss an enormous amount.

You lose CnD from your burst, but in return gain reliable stealth (BP + HS), and the fact that you can stand toe to toe with melee in BP for a bit allowing your auto attacks to dish out some damage.

It’s just a better set to be honest. And headshot-heartseeker on a low HP person trying to heal is very strong too. You also gain a better gap closer for high HP targets as a pose to a wasted skill (death blossom).

D/D has minor advantages and they’re situational compared. CnD on ranger pets, or mesmer clones is cheaper and yes, reliable stealth but what about fighting someone who dodges that isn’t one of those classes?

*As for a decent build try 0/30/30/10/0. It’s just a solid setup for any direct damage build to be honest.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in Thief

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Thief

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

Standard 25/30/0/0/15 or 10/30/30/0/0 works both for D/P and D/D. Really any trait and utility setup is interchangeable between the two, unless you’re playing some cheesy D/D death blossom spam build.

The difference in the two is that offhand pistol brings much more utility, and you have on demand stealth with D/P as long as you have the ini for it. All the blinds in D/P also let you sustain fights better if you want to build for that.

It doesn’t outburst D/D. However when you think about it you don’t miss an enormous amount.

You lose CnD but you gain an opening HS. The damage difference is a wash in spvp where CnD was nerfed for damage. I’m assuming it might have a small lead in WvW, but I don’t play that often enough to know. Just about the only advantage to D/D burst is that it uses a little less initiative.

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

Nettle, its a fair difference in WvW to be fair. Don’t use it myself though, only appeal to DD really is aesthetics compared to DP.
It got a 33% nerf in Spvp (cnd), so basically imagine your CnD damage in spvp, and boost it by 50% to get the damage you would do in WvW with it.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in Thief

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

Nettle, its a fair difference in WvW to be fair. Don’t use it myself though, only appeal to DD really is aesthetics compared to DP.
It got a 33% nerf in Spvp (cnd), so basically imagine your CnD damage in spvp, and boost it by 50% to get the damage you would do in WvW with it.

Which is not very much either.