Thief Meta

Thief Meta

in Thief

Posted by: Altermixt.4730

Altermixt.4730

Hello there! I have a quick question for you, fellow thieves!
What do you guys think the new Thief meta is going to be?

Thief Meta

in Thief

Posted by: Laosduude.1690

Laosduude.1690

sPvP, WvW, and PvE?

Thief Meta

in Thief

Posted by: Altermixt.4730

Altermixt.4730

PvE for example, but you can share your thoughts about the other play styles too.

Thief Meta

in Thief

Posted by: senki.1046

senki.1046

in pvp thief meta is:
if you see an opponent and you’re alone, run away.

Thief Meta

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Thief PvP meta will definite require a buddy system.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Thief Meta

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Thief PvP meta will definite require a buddy pet’s pet system.

Fixed.

Don’t get a wyvern as your master, they fly up and can potentially choke you with the leash.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Thief Meta

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Same as it was over a year ago. Focus on offense more than defense, never res, rely on the team’s primary support for survival. DA = offense, Trick = offensive buffs and utility, DD = combination of offense and survival. Damage multiplier stacking runes, so ogre, and with all the damage multipliers in the three lines, force sigil will out perform blood so that’ll be back in. Pairing with mesmer or revenant for coordinated burst.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

Thief Meta

in Thief

Posted by: Nemaides.6873

Nemaides.6873

I have been discussing this matter with fellow thieves of my guild (wvw oriented mostly).

In a WvW focus party context we agreed that the meta d/p + shortbow with DA/TR/SA won’t change much, except maybe for gear (adding some vitality to compensate the guard’s buffs loss).

The Shadow Arts Traits are too much of a must have, for quick stealth rez, Shadow Embrace obviously, the damage mitigation, and regen.

Trickery is on the same spot, the augmented INI pool, Stun on F1, and F1 cooldown reduction are mandatory.

Deadly Arts, synergize extremely well with Trickery, with Mug, and Improvisation.

In the end, I don’t see any room to put the new elite spec DD.
Even if it may give good mobility and little sustain, it won’t come as handy as Shadow Arts in terms of condi cleanse, regen, and survivability.

Feel free to contradict though.

(edited by Nemaides.6873)

Thief Meta

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

I have been discussing this matter with fellow thieves of my guild (wvw).

In a WvW focus party context we agreed that the meta d/p + shortbow with DA/TR/SA won’t change much, except maybe for gear (adding some vitality to compensate the guard’s buffs loss).

The Shadow Arts Traits are too much of a must have, for quick stealth rez, Shadow Embrace obviously, the damage mitigation, and regen.

Trickery is on the same spot, the augmented INI pool, Stun on F1, and F1 cooldown reduction are mandatory.

Deadly Arts, synergize extremely well with Trickery, with Mug, and Improvisation.

In the end, I don’t see any room to put the new elite spec DD.
Even if it may give good mobility and little sustain, it won’t come as handy as Shadow Arts in terms of condi cleanse, regen, and survivability.

Feel free to contradict though.

regarding condi removal i had so far with DD easy time to cleanse condition

my only problem was condi necro if he used signet on me which cover all conditions
mesmer stack mainly 2 condi torment and confusion so just 1 withraw remove them both
guard burning just dodge remove it
ele the same
ranger the same with bleed and poison

but if i cough in condi burst than i need to use all my dodge evade to cleanse them all
but so far DD works for me

Thief Meta

in Thief

Posted by: Nemaides.6873

Nemaides.6873

mesmer stack mainly 2 condi torment and confusion so just 1 withraw remove them both

Isn’t the Escapist Absolution trait supposed to cleanse only on successful dodge roll, not on successful evades ?

I assume you have the Trickster trait to remove 1 condition on tricks utilities, but how can you cleanse 2 condition with withdraw ?

Either it’s a bug, or the Escapist absolution tooltip is not correct (or I misinterpreted it). But from the Dev responses on BWE feedbacks, it seemed that this trait would trigger only on evade from dodge rolls.

I’ll try it out in game tonight

(edited by Nemaides.6873)

Thief Meta

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Isn’t the Escapist Absolution trait supposed to cleanse only on successful dodge roll, not on successful evades ?

I assume you have the Trickster trait to remove 1 condition on tricks utilities, but how can you cleanse 2 condition with withdraw ?

Either it’s a bug, or the Escapist absolution tooltip is not correct (or I misinterpreted it). But from the Dev responses on BWE feedbacks, it seemed that this trait would trigger only on evade from dodge rolls.

I’ll try it out in game tonight

i you withraw ans lost burning and bleed if evade pops up and if i use it and didnt see the evade pop up only 1 got cleansed.
it state when you evade (not when you dodge) an attack and not while using dodge

Thief Meta

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

i you withraw ans lost burning and bleed if evade pops up and if i use it and didnt see the evade pop up only 1 got cleansed.
it state when you evade (not when you dodge) an attack and not while using dodge

That’s how I read it. I have Withdraw and Roll for Initiative give two condition removals from Trickster and Escapists Absolution from Evade procs along with a small amount of extra healing on both from Driven Fortitude.

Kash
NSP

Thief Meta

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

In solo WvW, hit em fast with everything you got and run when that doesn’t work.

In team WvW, wait for friendly player to draw agro and pick off the weakest in the enemy herd.

In sPvP, thieves play the role of a pet or they exercise those sprint muscles for fast map traversal.

In PvE, does it matter? PvE is so ridiculously easy in this game you can show up with whatever for 99.9% of the fights.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Thief Meta

in Thief

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

So far in sPvP it’s fairly similar to before with a few changes. We still shouldn’t 1v1 most people unless they’re depleted from a previous fight and they’re not a cele Scrapper. There’s so much cleave that stealth rezzing is generally not an option. Phase Traversal makes it harder to decap without using stealth or Shadowstep to get most of the way to the node. With Bound on D/P, we have A LOT more access to stealth, even when compared to the previous D/P SA build, and it’s much much more reliable than BP + HS. Condition builds are much less common, which makes Bountiful Theft generally more helpful than Trickster given the sheer number of boon-stacking builds.

Bound gives us much more use out of combo fields, like Chaos Armor without leaving D/P against Engineers by Bounding throw the gunk we steal from them, applying a longer duration weakness with Bound in our poison field, and doing a mini burst cleave by firing a Cluster-bomb on a group rezzing their teammate and detonating as we land on them with Bound. Hitting someone with Bound in a 1v1 without teleporting into them with Steal can be a chore, but with practice it can become incredibly easy to nail someone kiting in circles on a node.

Overall, the greater access to stealth, Backstab bursts, and the more sustainable damage provided by Daredevil makes Thief really fun to play so long as the other team isn’t completely made of Heralds, Druids, Dragon Hunters, and Scrappers. Our new abilities can be far out-shined by some of theirs, which is exactly why so many Thief players come here to express our bitterness.

Thief Meta

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Don’t worry guys, I’m paving the way to the new meta with this:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/New-Crafter-TP-Bank-Meta-Build/first

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Thief Meta

in Thief

Posted by: Rudy.6184

Rudy.6184

I think that even the focus party (WvW) gonna change. Scrapper will fit the place. With perma stealth for party and aoe reveal with very short cd it is must have. Also because of that it will hurt SA builds. Used daredevil with staff and dashes in focus. Less spike, more dps and aoe, better positioning and sustain. No stealth (cause scrapper has one, taking SR, but i cant dodge there, so i’m thinking about change).

In pvp simmilar builds works nice, saw also s/d builds works well. Normal d/p can be eaten tho. Also what mostly surprising is that new heal is really good, I take it over withdraw (really, dashes covers same function).

Thief Meta

in Thief

Posted by: Christonya.3856

Christonya.3856

PvE for example, but you can share your thoughts about the other play styles too.

Right now it really feels like the thief meta is to reroll Rev. That said until some one does the dps numbers on classes we won’t know if thief is good or bad in pve.

As for pvp, there is no meta for thieves, we’re more of a detriment to our team these days.