Thief PvP Video - Condition Perdition

in Thief

Posted by: Revelstoke.8924

Revelstoke.8924

Hey guys. I wanted to try my hand at this video stuff. Bust out fraps and slung together some footage from some recent sPVP. This is my first time using fraps, making a video, or using you-tube (and it shows). Looking for feedback, positive or negative. Thanks and I hope it’s decent! :-)

Shrubfelty – 80 Ele
Angus the Black – 80 War
Adrich – 80 Thief

in Thief

Revelstoke.8924

6:23 is where i think the best footage starts fyi.

Shrubfelty – 80 Ele
Angus the Black – 80 War
Adrich – 80 Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Ranoxic.7108

Ranoxic.7108

Thanks for the video. This is the play style I love using for Thief. I know we can achieve absurd back-stabs and burst, but I love the way thief can stack on the bleed and still be mobile and durable.

Tarnished Coast – 80 Thief, 43 Elementalist, 13 Ranger

in Thief

Revelstoke.8924

Thank you Ranox! Going to try some editing, highlights, and perhaps audio next. Will work on chopping down the length also.

Thanks man-

Shrubfelty – 80 Ele
Angus the Black – 80 War
Adrich – 80 Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Not to bash the player but I honestly think that these Bleed spaming builds are on the same level of cheesiness as Heartseeker spam or Pistol Whipping.

You don’t even really have to aim Death Blossom. Just spam it when your enemies is near by while enjoying the benefits of almost constant evades.

Now that I think about it, the only non-cheesy Thief video I’ve seen (depending if you consider Backstabbing cheesy or not) was by a guy using a Short-Bow.

in Thief

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Not to bash the player but I honestly think that these Bleed spaming builds are on the same level of cheesiness as Heartseeker spam or Pistol Whipping.

You don’t even really have to aim Death Blossom. Just spam it when your enemies is near by while enjoying the benefits of almost constant evades.

Now that I think about it, the only non-cheesy Thief video I’ve seen (depending if you consider Backstabbing cheesy or not) was by a guy using a Short-Bow.

If there is one universal constant with GW2 so far, is that every build is a cheese build to someone. The opinion of someone that thinks a SB trolling build is somehow less cheesy than the others, is meaningless.

I am sure your build is very complex and demanding :rollseyes:

~ AoN ~

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

If there is one universal constant with GW2 so far, is that every build is a cheese build to someone. The opinion of someone that thinks a SB trolling build is somehow less cheesy than the others, is meaningless.

True,

again, I wasn’t trying to bash the player. I too play a form of cheese build if you like and don’t have many regrets.

But imo it doesn’t make for very pleasurable viewing or skillful play. I blame this more on Initiative than anything else though.

in Thief

Posted by: Shooopa.5632

Shooopa.5632

Only one question:

Why aren’t you stealing?

Stealing not only gives you items that can aggravate enemy players even more, but with the right traits can replenish your initiative and stealth you.

User will be infracted for this post.

in Thief

Posted by: Khroul.2318

Khroul.2318

I don’t see enough support for a condition damage build.

Dagger/Dagger is required for a stealthy Condition damage build, yet your stealth opener isn’t condition damage. For that matter, you really only have 2 reliable ways to apply conditions. “3” and “1”. Dagger storm is amazing but it’s on a 90 second CD. Stacking Condition damage and using Dagger/Dagger is like playing an Enhancement Shaman and stacking only spell damage. It doesn’t make sense.

To be honest, none of the weapon kits really support a condition damage build for the Thief. Sure you can make it work-ish. But your build involves spamming “3” 99% of the time. Even though half the time you miss, and it wastes tons of initiative and displaces your character.

I would love to play a condition damage build, but I don’t see the point until they organize the weapons better.

in Thief

Posted by: neithan.9750

neithan.9750

Usually when a person calls a build cheesy it’s because they have trouble dealing with it.

You basically said that any build a thief uses is cheesy. It honestly sounds like you have trouble dealing with the class in general. That’s not a bad thing, though.

I don’t struggle with thieves as a guardian, but I have issues with mesmers and necros. I’m not on the forums complaining about it.

Neithan Turambar
Level 80 Guardian, Thief
Minions of Grenth, Jade Quarry