Thief PvP build advice

Thief PvP build advice

in Thief

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

Hello! To start, I had a thief about a year ago, and deleted her because I wasn’t using her much and wanted a different race (she was norn, along with most of my characters at that time). I wanted more variety in my toons. Anyway, I have rerolled my thief, and I am now getting back into PvP with her. I just got my Champion Illusionist, so I’m going to focus on Champion Shadow. I’m running D/P and SB with 10/30/0/0/30 (III, III VI XI, V VII XII), Withdraw, Infiltrator’s Signet, Shadow Refuge, Shadowstep, and Basilisk Venom. I am getting pretty good at it, but was wondering if there are other builds to try, too. Is S/P any good? I see it on occasion. I like to play around with different builds until I find one I like. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Thief PvP build advice

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Thief PvP build advice

in Thief

SallyStitches.4096

Which would you say is best for solo queue; d/p or s/p?

Thief PvP build advice

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Probably S/P. Virtually everybody runs D/P.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Thief PvP build advice

in Thief

Posted by: Rokusho.4950

Rokusho.4950

your build lacks a stun breaker. Unless you can dodge every single cc that comes at you, you’re gonna be in a lot of trouble the minute you get hit with one

To punish and enslave

Thief PvP build advice

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

your build lacks a stun breaker. Unless you can dodge every single cc that comes at you, you’re gonna be in a lot of trouble the minute you get hit with one

Infiltrator’s Signet and Shadow Step are both stun breakers. In fact, Shadow Step is two stun breakers in one.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

Thief PvP build advice

in Thief

Posted by: Leadfoot.9071

Leadfoot.9071

Actually seems to me like S/P has been steadily gaining in popularity in soloq lately. I think they are both decent for soloq – you trade a bit of burst from the d/p set for some extra survivability options in the s/p set.

Thief PvP build advice

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Actually seems to me like S/P has been steadily gaining in popularity in soloq lately. I think they are both decent for soloq – you trade a bit of burst from the d/p set for some extra survivability options in the s/p set.

Its been gaining popularity, but it’s still far from the level of usage that D/X builds see.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Thief PvP build advice

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Its been gaining popularity, but it’s still far from the level of usage that D/X builds see.

S/P doesn’t have the same level of mobility you’ll find in a D/P build.

Maybe if Infiltrator’s Strike is a ground targeted with a small AoE cripple that it may gain a lot of mobility power — but that’s a big “maybe” and “if”.

Right now, Heartseeker Strike is really great for both offensive and defensive mobility.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Thief PvP build advice

in Thief

Posted by: ramorambo.6701

ramorambo.6701

Thief PvP build advice

in Thief

SallyStitches.4096

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I’ll see what I like better. Right now I’m leaning toward d/p.