Thief QQ

Thief QQ

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

So much QQ about Thieves before the patch even hits, between the damage increase people are now QQing about Unhindered Combatant, kind of sad really, we can’t have anything with out someone complaining.

Thief QQ

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Keep pinging your [Vial of Salt]. Remind them of their pain as you hold it in your hand.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Thief QQ

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Most moaning comes from mesmers anyway, i don’t understand why even. Yeah, thief had slight advantage over mes for a while but it was never as bad as guards hardcountering thieves for years.

Funny enough, if mes complains about thief, it is justified. If thief complains about guards or scrappers, it is st*u l2p.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Thief QQ

in Thief

Posted by: Midi.8359

Midi.8359

I can see where the worry comes from. Thief would be a middle of the pack to top tier class if it wasn’t for how broken other classes are. A lot of those broken classes are getting nerfs along with amulet changes. Buffing thief on top of those changes is likely just going to make it a top tier class.

Thief QQ

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I can see where the worry comes from. Thief would be a middle of the pack to top tier class if it wasn’t for how broken other classes are. A lot of those broken classes are getting nerfs along with amulet changes. Buffing thief on top of those changes is likely just going to make it a top tier class.

still get 1 shot by random aoe that is not even ment for them :P

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Thief QQ

in Thief

BlaqueFyre.5678

The nerfs people are calling for have not been an issue, are unrelated to the Buffs to AA damage, Thieves can’t even approach point with more than one player on in fear of AoE spam, still have the shortest range weapons so even with the mobility the 1200-1500 range classes can keep pressure when disengaging.

Thief QQ

in Thief

BlaqueFyre.5678

Popcorn is ready with reserves for all QQ post once patch is live T-Minus………..

Thief QQ

in Thief

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Most moaning comes from mesmers anyway, i don’t understand why even. Yeah, thief had slight advantage over mes for a while but it was never as bad as guards hardcountering thieves for years.

Funny enough, if mes complains about thief, it is justified. If thief complains about guards or scrappers, it is st*u l2p.

what..no…thief used to farm mesmer for breakfast..

Thief QQ

in Thief

BlaqueFyre.5678

what..no…thief used to farm mesmer for breakfast..

Hmm but Guards still Hardcounter Thief and always have, plus most Mesmers complain when they try to beat Thieves at the only role they are capable of while Mesmer can fill multiple roles and provide group utility. Mesmers just need to learn the role they have in pvp. Trust me I main both Thief and Mesmer each play a different roles in fights each have advantages against each other.

Thief QQ

in Thief

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

…Mesmers complain when they try to beat Thieves at the only role they are capable of while Mesmer can fill multiple roles and provide group utility…

That’s a nice little fantasy you got going on there, here is the reality – for the vast majority of this game, thief was perma meta, taken on every single team and best solo carry in the game, whilst mesmer on the other hand was much of the time one of the least represented classes in teams (read non-meta), required a thief to babysit them, had mesmer mains rerolling thief as even as a mediocre thief they were more use, and only ever had one role for the majority of the game’s life.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

Thief QQ

in Thief

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Staff is gonna own so many more people now. lol

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Thief QQ

in Thief

BlaqueFyre.5678

…Mesmers complain when they try to beat Thieves at the only role they are capable of while Mesmer can fill multiple roles and provide group utility…

That’s a nice little fantasy you got going on there, here is the reality – for the vast majority of this game, thief was perma meta, taken on every single team and best solo carry in the game, whilst mesmer on the other hand was much of the time one of the least represented classes in teams (read non-meta), required a thief to babysit them, had mesmer mains rerolling thief as even as a mediocre thief they were more use, and only ever had one role for the majority of the game’s life.

I never was questioning that Mesmer was crap, but Thieves have had only one role, and provide no group utility, while Mesmers have had the option to group utility, the biggest issue they faced was trying to replicate the Thief role, which they should fail at since they can provide so much, Thieves have been relegated to decap because even if they +1 they hardly had an impact unless their team was winning to begin with, now with the Chrono Trait line Mesmer still have multiple roles they can fill but are strongest at group support, yes their group support took a hit but still lowering every teammates CD is still pretty big.

Thief QQ

in Thief

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I never was questioning that Mesmer was crap, but Thieves have had only one role, and provide no group utility, while Mesmers have had the option to group utility, the biggest issue they faced was trying to replicate the Thief role, which they should fail at since they can provide so much, Thieves have been relegated to decap because even if they +1 they hardly had an impact unless their team was winning to begin with, now with the Chrono Trait line Mesmer still have multiple roles they can fill but are strongest at group support, yes their group support took a hit but still lowering every teammates CD is still pretty big.

Sorry, but I got to disagree, too.

The bold part is where you are wrong. Talking about PvP, until they introduced Chronomancer Mesmers always had glassy builds with close to no group support because all utilities were – and had to be – sacrificed for survivability. All prominent builds were shatter centered. For a very short time we had some interrupt gameplay mixed in. But that’s it.

It’s not that Mesmers tried copying a role. They couldn’t remotely fill any other role.

No hard feelings towards Thieves. They just happen to counter Mesmers in this role.

Thief QQ

in Thief

BlaqueFyre.5678

I will concede to that, but they did provide some group support most Mesmers would slot Portal and some would slot TW which are great for group utility, now outside of 1v1 builds which were very prevalent that’s huge compared to what Thieves brought to group play. That is what I was getting at on group support, I know they were nowhere near what they provided when Chrono released

Thief QQ

in Thief

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

What are you smoking?
Group support?

Mesmer has been terrible at that for a very long time.

The reason we play shatter is because it’s the only build that has ever worked outside of Chrono Bunker.

And now you’re saying “Just play support”.

Okay, how?

Timewarp is basically useless in PvP with the res changes. (Still useful in WvW)
Feedback is crap. Even in PvE. ANet has actually been making many dungeons mobs and etc have attacks that can’t be reflected. As well, a lot of the newer content can’t be reflected either.
Veil is crap in PvP. (Prefer smoke + blasts in WvW)
Alacrity’s 50% hit reduces the amount of alacrity we can pump out significantly, weakening it even further (If our cooldowns take longer to come back, then it takes longer to re-apply alacrity).
Mantras are kitten .
Boon sharing is actually more likely to kill your teammate than help them, considering all of the boon corrupt incoming.

The kitten is our support?
Portal?

Have you actually used portal in PvP? It’s not exactly easy to use it effectively.

Oh, and look what forces a mesmer to use portal just to survive.

Yeah, thief…

P.S. Not trolling the thief forums, just saw a post and had to respond.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

Thief QQ

in Thief

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Yeah, thief had slight advantage over mes for a while but it was never as bad as guards hardcountering thieves for years.

NOW that’s an understatement of the century? Have you played mesmer extensively in sPvP for the past 3 years?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Thief QQ

in Thief

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

with so many teefs playing pvp now, i wont be able to win matches with multiple teefs all in one team lol or even let me have a chance to play thief…

[SA]

(edited by pepper.6179)

Thief QQ

in Thief

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Mesmers didn’t, and don’t, have a good match-up against guard.
Nor do they have a good match up for scrappers.

QQ about guard? We weren’t doing too hot either.

I’ve also yet to see anyone other than a engineer main, argue that scrapper wasn’t OP.

Scrapper is kittened, and I’m not convinced any other class can actually 1v1 it, assuming equal skill levels.
Way too much defense on a marauder amulet.

However, on the flip side. Thieves have a better match up than mesmer against:
Ranger – The old passive Spirit BS/Condi/Power LB/name it. Thief killed it better.
Necro/Reaper – Thief pretty much beats any iteration of this.
Ele – Thief beats most iterations of this. Ele has problems peeling a thief off.
Engineer – Note: NOT scrapper.

What match ups is mesmer better in?
Rev – Specifically condi rev. Power Rev is a coin flip against mesmer, in my opinion.
Druid – As a +1, we can CC this out pretty quickly and easily. If not +1’ing, might be best to leave it be on point…

Classes we both suck against:
Power Rev – Arguable in either direction
Guardian – Despite mesmer’s slight advantage against guards over thieves. We really don’t beat guards consistently.
Thief – Seriously, even when I was playing a thief I hated fighting other thieves.
Scrapper – Not convinced anything can actually go toe to toe with this.

Classes we both beat:
Warrior – I never felt particularly threatened by most warrior builds. Other than an occasional hammer stun + hundred blades that managed to catch me without stun breaks, I didn’t really lose to warriors.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

Thief QQ

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Took less than 10mins after patch for my 2 mesmer guildies (both dire) to complain about thieves being op. The guild chat reminded me what thief forums used to look ages ago. They only quit qqing after I told them to log to their thieves and play that class.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Thief QQ

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

So, in the old days we were the sworn enemies of rangers. Now it seems as if mesmers think we’re their hard counter.
Or: Those who hop from “OP” class to “OP” class switched from ranger to mesmer and it’s still the same crowd that complains. Next might be scrappers and that’s when it becomes ridiculous.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Thief QQ

in Thief

Posted by: Gibimo.2193

Gibimo.2193

The kitten is our support?
Portal?

Have you actually used portal in PvP? It’s not exactly easy to use it effectively.

Oh, and look what forces a mesmer to use portal just to survive.

Yeah, thief…

P.S. Not trolling the thief forums, just saw a post and had to respond.

go back to your forum or shatterd
unless you trying to discuss some constructive feedbacks instead of QQ shatter QQ

Thief QQ

in Thief

BlaqueFyre.5678

More thief QQ if it’s not the damage it Unhindered Combatant, it’s amusing to say the least.