Thief Raiding Rotations.... Repetitive.

in Thief

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

It Seems like to do good damage you have to do highly repetitive rotations.

So far I really like raiding but now that I want to up my damage I find the most effective rotations are pretty boring. I know that’s why they call them rotations but now im a little put off by the monotony of it.

I kinda wish it would be more like a very hard fractal or group that struggles where you could run trip wires, shadow refuge to rez people etc. But I am worried that on the higher levels of raiding it gets very monotonous for us thieves? Any comments or advice?

in Thief

Posted by: Raguel.9402

Raguel.9402

For overly complex rotations pls refer to the Engineers forum

[Teef] for lyfe

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Raiding is a far cry from a measure of skilled gameplay but rather just knowing the mechanics of the bosses and playing the right builds.

For complex mechanical gameplay you’d have needed to have played the thief before HoT in sPvP or WvW. The PvP has since turned turned into a joke in this game, though.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Raid groups take thieves? That is new.

Be happy you have simple rotation in raids, you fall off by 1-2k dps due to messing up complex rotation on other build → you get instantly kicked.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Raguel.9402

Condi Thief is actually very strong right now and has an interesting rotation – try that maybe? :-)

@Cynz – no idea who you are raiding with but most groups (at least the ones I raided with) would never kick you for missing 1-2k dps :P hugging the floor all the time is another matter :-) – dead dps = 0 dps :-)

[Teef] for lyfe

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Condi Thief is actually very strong right now and has an interesting rotation – try that maybe? :-)

@Cynz – no idea who you are raiding with but most groups (at least the ones I raided with) would never kick you for missing 1-2k dps :P hugging the floor all the time is another matter :-) – dead dps = 0 dps :-)

One word: pugs. People became so crazed with dps meters, they don’t care that you actually have job of eating mushrooms for example or kill cannons…. or was rezzing someone. I have my legendary armor now so i don’t REALLY need to raid but since Anet blessed dps meters i have less and less interest in raiding – too much drama on ts and too much elitism for my taste.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Raguel.9402

One word: pugs. People became so crazed with dps meters, they don’t care that you actually have job of eating mushrooms for example or kill cannons…. or was rezzing someone. I have my legendary armor now so i don’t REALLY need to raid but since Anet blessed dps meters i have less and less interest in raiding – too much drama on ts and too much elitism for my taste.

Well yeah, pugs suck big time, but some are decent and don’t even require TS. I might do a few more raids to get the LI needed for the armor (don’t really raid that much) but I don’t have a high incentive to do it – cause pugs and I don’t care about pve enough to find a static group.

Btw. Saw you in pvp the other day showing off the armor, It’s ok when “out of combat” otherwise, yeah, medium, not so nice

[Teef] for lyfe

in Thief

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Raid groups take thieves? That is new.

Be happy you have simple rotation in raids, you fall off by 1-2k dps due to messing up complex rotation on other build -> you get instantly kicked.

New to what? Your group? I would suggest finding a group who isn’t toxic or kitten their way through thinking by reading reddit and thinking Tempest is better. I use thief in my raid group and we one-bang everything without issue.

As for “but pugs rate everything by DPS”: Well considering Staff thief is ranked third highest on DPS benchmarks, I doubt this is the case or you’re not doing your job properly as the thief.

The only time I’ve seen an issue is Tempest > Thief because Tempest bring more utility, but in the case of “DPS meter”, absolutely not. Not sure why you’re even talking about pugs when you say you’re in a raid guild and have a group.

too much drama

I lol’d.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in Thief

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

Raiding is a far cry from a measure of skilled gameplay but rather just knowing the mechanics of the bosses and playing the right builds.

For complex mechanical gameplay you’d have needed to have played the thief before HoT in sPvP or WvW. The PvP has since turned turned into a joke in this game, though.

I remember those good ol’ days… power d/d was so fun to play. Back when positional play was more important instead of keeping a steady amount of dodge spam and shadow step when necessary.

in Thief

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

New to what? Your group? I would suggest finding a group who isn’t toxic or kitten their way through thinking by reading reddit and thinking Tempest is better. I use thief in my raid group and we one-bang everything without issue.

As for “but pugs rate everything by DPS”: Well considering Staff thief is ranked third highest on DPS benchmarks, I doubt this is the case or you’re not doing your job properly as the thief.

The only time I’ve seen an issue is Tempest > Thief because Tempest bring more utility, but in the case of “DPS meter”, absolutely not. Not sure why you’re even talking about pugs when you say you’re in a raid guild and have a group.

I think you’re a bit behind on the current benchmarks.
edit: but at the end of the day, experience of the raid and of your profession is what is most important. I’d take an experienced Thief over a less than experienced Ele any day of the week.

Attachments:

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

(edited by Lahmia.2193)